Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    So I have been wanting to get into battle pets for a while, but never wanted to grind through to level 25, with the addition of this free level 25 for each level 100 tier 3 garrison, it makes it possible for me to actually start getting into it. Just curious which pets I should boost to level 25, havn't got any really ultra rare ones like the valkyr or anything, but just any solid pet would be nice, I already boosted my Lil rag and my Chrominius and have 1 left over.
    Probably already mentioned, but Terrible Turnip is one of the best pet catchers in the game, due to one of it's attacks never dropping a pet below 1 health. Buy it on the AH for cheap. Anubiseth Idol is another powerhouse you can buy on the AH that will singlehandely wreck many computer pet teams.

Hi

Quick question from a newbie.

I have caught an Unborn Val'kyr level 19. It is of Poor Quality (grey). Shall I boost it to common, then uncommon, then rare via the upgrades I've heard about BEFORE boosting it to level 25?
    Because the tooltip says the quality of the pet influences the amount of stats earned each new level.

Is there another technique to up the quality of pets? Like doing more XP?

Thanks

At OP , whatever pet u boost, just make sure its a rare one.
    I first boosted a sand elemental - the one u get from council in ToT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Psychokwak View Post
    Hi

I have caught an Unborn Val'kyr level 19. It is of Poor Quality (grey). Shall I boost it to common, then uncommon, then rare via the upgrades I've heard about BEFORE boosting it to level 25?
    Because the tooltip says the quality of the pet influences the amount of stats earned each new level.

Thanks
    Should not matter. Just boost it with token from dreanor pet charms

Hi

Thanks
    It doesn't gain more or less stats based on its rarity when you level it up. It's all based on breed and rarity. For example, your Valk will have the same exact stats at level 25 when it's rare whether you level it up first and then upgrade it, or upgrade it first and then level it up.

Currently the only way you can upgrade pets' rarity is with the stones. Gaining more XP after they're level 25 won't do anything, like it does for followers. A great way to earn stones is to do the Pandaria Tamer Dailies (I usually get 2-3 stones per day from a full circuit of them) or buy them from the vendor in your Menagerie with the pet charms. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    The tooltip is kinda confusing. It makes it sound as if a pet that is turned rare early on will gain more overall stats as opposed to one that is turned rare at a later level. It doesn't matter at all when you upgrade the pet - a 25 rare is a 25 rare. They will have the same stats if they are the same breed regardless of when they are upgraded. However, you would want to use a flawless battle stone (turns the pet rare quality) on it before turning 25 simply because when you use one there's a chance your pet will lose a level or two.

As for making the pets common > uncommon > rare, there's no such progression. There isn't a common stone and you can use a rare quality stone on a poor pet instantly. They don't work like followers.
    Look! Words!

Thanks tot he three of you for the clarification!