10+ Year Old Account

Confused about recent nerf

Code:
    Tanking Specializations no longer generate threat from heals.
    Why? I always thought it was good play and on certain fights would save healing cooldowns to help gather adds... not too much recently but especially on Tortos to gather bats it was really nice. Why would they change this now? Was it really a big problem?

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    Code:
    Tanking Specializations no longer generate threat from heals.
    Why? I always thought it was good play and on certain fights would save healing cooldowns to help gather adds... not too much recently but especially on Tortos to gather bats it was really nice. Why would they change this now? Was it really a big problem?
    Because Tortos was like two years ago? What healing CDs are you saving as a brewmaster?
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

I actually like this a lot. On some fights I have to throttle a bit just to not pull after a swap. With 500k+ guards it would almost guarantee pulling.

It's actually a hotfix that went in a few days ago and they only got around to documenting it now. The issue specifically came up during either Midwinter or Method (I forgot) Blast Furnace pulls, where adds from one side of the room would aggro on a tank on the other side because of a Word of Glory or something by a tank. I believe it was Gondlem (so probably Midwinter) that mentioned it in a thread in the Raids and Dungeons forum here.

Quote Originally Posted by timjongil View Post
    I actually like this a lot. On some fights I have to throttle a bit just to not pull after a swap. With 500k+ guards it would almost guarantee pulling.
    Unless something's changed in recent WoW years without my knowledge (possible), absorbs don't generate aggro proportional to their size.

Expel Harm could have triggered this, but no Guard.

(kind of a moot point now, of course)

7+ Year Old Account
    Hi, Totaltotemic. Have you noticed we can use Rems infinitely now without any additional spirit now. But in 5.4, we need 8804 spirit to use Rem infinitely. Is that the reason MWs don't need much spirit now? So I don't think they nerf our mana tea is right.
    I remember in 5.4, our mana is not that much if you don't use Chi brew.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Hi, Totaltotemic. Have you noticed we can use Rems infinitely now without any additional spirit now. But in 5.4, we need 8804 spirit to use Rem infinitely. Is that the reason MWs don't need much spirit now? So I don't think they nerf our mana tea is right.
    I remember in 5.4, our mana is not that much if you don't use Chi brew.
    Spirit and mana have changed a lot in WoD. The amount of mana given by each point of Spirit was increased significantly. Fights are generally less bursty, and one of the primary challenges as a healer is making your mana last all the way til the end while also being able to use your heavy healing spells (mainly RJW, for MW) to counter periods of high damage.

I believe most MWs are stacking as much Spirit as possible right now (preferably passive Spirit to buff Mana Tea). As long as you can convert that extra mana into more RJW uptime (which you pretty much always can), Spirit is the strongest healing secondary stat by a fair margin.

Deleted
    This was a problem with pallies during Garrosh normal/heroic progression as well. Good change in my opinion. As a prot warrior I was jelly when adds would just run straight to other tanks while I had to grab them before they got to healers.

I'm pleased with this change out of spite.