Thread: Fixing Sunfall

Fixing Sunfall

So I was chatting with a friend who was wondering how it'd be interesting to start running Sunfall in aoe type fights (Kromog, Beastlord, Operator etc), but we realised that Sunfall was limited to 2 targets unlike it's lunar counter part which isn't limited at all.

I begun to think, why not make Sunfall our clustered AOE damaging spell that we seem to lack. We can turn Sunfall into the old Starfall which had a minor splash effect doing 50% of the initial damage to targets within 5 yards (I think it was 50% back in Cata right?). It would also have a target limit of up too 5 targets and hit every second like Starfall in the duration of 10 seconds.

The damage numbers could be tuned accordingly for the splash so we aren't too strong, but our AOE burst is competitive to that of Locks/Warriors (Not like Enhance shams though).

Sunfall glyph could look great if something like this was introduced.

Deleted
    It's a tooltip bug, starfall and sunfall works the exact same except one does arcane and one does nature damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrewmkin View Post
    [...] but we realised that Sunfall was limited to 2 targets [...]
    You are wrong on this part, Sunfall behaves the same as Starfall. Only difference is, it scales with solar eclipse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    It's a tooltip bug, starfall and sunfall works the exact same except one does arcane and one does nature damage.
    O, damn that is news to me . I guess the suggestion could be tossed away or discussed on what others think of the idea.

Is there ever a dps gain/loss from running starfall vs sunfall? Or does it not really matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Restokin View Post
    Is there ever a dps gain/loss from running starfall vs sunfall? Or does it not really matter?
    Not really Its like a 50-100 dps gain over a fight if you know that X add set will spawn at X time while your in solar and you know you won't have CA. I use it on Kromog.

What momirmaster said. I ran it on brackenspore because the little adds generally popped up when I was in solar and they usually didn't stay alive too long. So it was certainly a dps increase, but not a huge one. If add spawns are random then just pick which one you like. If adds don't live very long and routinely pop up when you are in solar then it's worth applying the glyph.