Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Evolution FACT or HOAX?

Do you believe in the theory of evolution or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the explanation that best fits the current observable evidence. If a better theory comes along I'll consider it.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Doesn't matter if I believe it or not, since it is based on facts. It is the equivalent of asking me if I believe in gravity or not.

What would one stand to gain by presenting evolution as a hoax?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Of course I do. Anything else is to deny reality.

And then we're all free to choose to believe whether it started as a bunch of proteins having fun in a primordial ooze, or <deity of choice>.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...You can't just... come here... and ask if Evolution (...the theory...) ...is a... fact or a hoax.... This is still a hot topic of discussion on the highest grounds of cientific researches!

But IMO, Evolution is real. If you give a Eevee a specific stone, it will evolve. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Doesn't matter if I believe it or not, since it is based on facts. It is the equivalent of asking me if I believe in gravity or not.
    Law of gravity =/= Theory of evolution.
    Theories are not laws.

OT: I'm indifferent. For now, I'll stick to the most commonly accepted theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population

No because only 1/3 of Homo Sapien species have been proven real, and the others have been proven Hoaxes. Besides there are somethings Science can't explain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinopotamus View Post
    No because only 1/3 of Homo Sapien species have been proven real, and the others have been proven Hoaxes. Besides there are something's Science can't explain.
    Wat? -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I don't understand. There's already a thread open on this that you're already posting in.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I wonder how much misinformation that could have been avoided if they had settled with a better word than "Theory".

The fact that some people can't differentiate between a scientific Theory and a layman "guess" is atrocious.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    No because only 1/3 of Homo Sapien species have been proven real, and the others have been proven Hoaxes. Besides there are something's Science can't explain.

Homo Sapiens aren't the only species.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Adam's on a roll this morning.

I don't believe much of anything which frees me to believe in lots of things.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    ...You can't just... come here... and ask if Evolution (...the theory...) ...is a... fact or a hoax.... This is still a hot topic of discussion on the highest grounds of cientific researches!
    No it isn't. Evolution is not up for debate among scientists or in any realm of scientific research. The only reason there is any "controversy" is because certain people, who are not scientific at all, would like to see evolution discredited in favor of their dogmatic and literal interpretation of their own religious beliefs.

There really is no debate among scientists at all.
    Putin khuliyo

And that's the primary difference between science and religion (exceptions exist); scientists try to learn and explain what they have been unable to, while religion simply finishes any mystery by claiming it as desinged the way it is.

Yes, I believe in evolution. I share traits of my parents, I've seen different breeds of dogs, and I keep getting flu vaccinations every year.

It's the best theory we got at the moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol please dont tell me you granted my wish Adam!!!
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Its the best explanation for what exists.

- - - Updated - - -

No because only 1/3 of Homo Sapien species have been proven real, and the others have been proven Hoaxes. Besides there are somethings Science can't explain.
    Are you a real or a hoax homo sapien?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Its the best explanation for what exists.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you a real or a hoax homo sapien?
    2/3s of homo sapiens are actually shape shifting reptillians.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Evolution isn't a faith which we can either believe or not believe. I understand and accept evolution just as I understand and accept gravitation and germ theory.