[Enhance] Critique my DPS

Hey guys! We downed heroic Flamebender last night and I feel like I'm way under-performing compared to other enhance shamans in my item level bracket on this same fight. I was hoping that I could get some help looking at my logs for our kill and get some suggestions on what to do better. I tried to mimic the talents and target priorities of the top parses on Flamebender so I'm assuming it comes down to the my priority rotation.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/GCRvt9WzK4yxbhMf#boss=1689

I think I was way too eager to switch from the boss to the big cinder wolf and I could definitely spend a few more seconds on the boss while the wolf is being brought into melee. We were consistently getting the big wolf down faster than the small wolf so spending more time on the boss wouldn't hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reroll ele and beast
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Deleted
    The wolves not dying at the same time is not really a problem about dps but about ranged dps not switching to the right wolf when the fixate ends. The damage you do to them kind of balances out when they switch, because the group that was doing more damage to the last wolf now gets the wolf with slightly higher hp and those who did less damage get the wolf with less hp.

About your dps. You aren't stackin your cooldowns. At 6 minute mark you should have up all of your 2 minute CDs, 3 minute CDs and Fire ele. This is the time to pop all of these and your 2nd potion.
    Instead, you used your Fire ele on 5min mark with your 2nd potion and popped your EM around 6:30 and Ascendance around 6:10 so that they didn't stack at all.
    And then you choose a talent like PE using your CDs well becomes all the more important, there's no point choosing a talent that you aren't using well.
    Also your opener looks like it could be improved.
    How I do it: I have a macro
    /castsequence reset=15 Feral spirit, fire elemental totem, liquid magma, draenic agility potion

Cast UE around 4 and start spamming the macro around 3 so that you use your pot and LM on 0 just before pull, then cast SS and then pop Ascendance and your 2 minute CDs like trinket/EM/blood fury. then continute the normal priority. Also you need to hard cast LBs if you have nothing else to do but Frost Shock and you have 2+ Maelstrom stacks. And you can priotise LL over SS when there are several Flame Shocks running.
    Last edited by mmoccfd4f06c5a; 2015-02-26 at 08:06 PM.

I would recommend against pre-casting FET, wolves and LM before the boss is pulled. You are losing seconds of those cooldown due to the time before pull and also travel time for your pets. It's more important that your pets get uptime on the boss than that they are perfectly stacked with your pot.

A cast sequence button for once you are at the boss is definitely not a terrible idea though!

My pre-pull is just pot and UF.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    I would recommend against pre-casting FET, wolves and LM before the boss is pulled. You are losing seconds of those cooldown due to the time before pull and also travel time for your pets. It's more important that your pets get uptime on the boss than that they are perfectly stacked with your pot.

A cast sequence button for once you are at the boss is definitely not a terrible idea though!

My pre-pull is just pot and UF.
    Well wolves just charge in anyway so their travel time is pretty nonexistent but you do lose a ~10th of the uptime I quess, which is proapbly become more significant once acquiring the 4pc. But for me alteast currenlty it feels much better that I can start my rotation as soon as I get to boss instead of having to wait a few globals before I can start putting out dps.

Don't know about you but my wolves have been very buggy lately. They sometimes don't want to do their charge thing.

Thanks Kompa that's really helpful info.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruslo View Post
    Thanks Kompa that's really helpful info.
    Take all info with a grain of salt and test stuff yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kompa View Post
    Take all info with a grain of salt and test stuff yourself.
    Is there a way to set up simcraft to use cooldowns at certain times instead of on cooldown?