Deleted

Combat t17 2pcs evis at 4CP?

Hey everyone,

since I got my 2pcs bonus I wonder if I should evis at 4 cp to not loose 1cp 40% of the time. If revealing strike needs a refresh I'll cast that to get the 5th cp but what about the remaining time? Unfortunately I didnt find any info on that so any help is appreciated

15+ Year Old Account
    If you use Anticipation talent it's not necessary.

Deleted
    I only use anticipation for flamebender and maidens. Thogar and Dharmac I usually take MFD

only time ive seen mfd be better is once you have 4 set

Anyone have anything to add to this? Running Anticipation on a lot of fights in BRF looks to be a fairly big DPS loss.

From what I can work out the comparison is .45cp (4pt evis) to 5 energy (5pt evis). I guess it would be pretty close but I think I'll be testing out 4cp evis for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenq View Post
    Anyone have anything to add to this? Running Anticipation on a lot of fights in BRF looks to be a fairly big DPS loss.

From what I can work out the comparison is .45cp (4pt evis) to 5 energy (5pt evis). I guess it would be pretty close but I think I'll be testing out 4cp evis for the time being.
    i'm not sure how good the sims are in regards to pooling anticipation and cp for moderate/deep insight.
    from what i've seen, most top rogues use anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by zyZ View Post
    i'm not sure how good the sims are in regards to pooling anticipation and cp for moderate/deep insight.
    from what i've seen, most top rogues use anticipation.
    You're right, just took a look at Beastlord logs then, most top rogues are running Anticipation.

Deleted
    You use MfD with 2pc, Anticipation with 4pc

On our latest kill of Darmac, I got off 21 uses of Marked for Death, which would've been higher (24-26) if not for an incorrect usage of it on Darmac himself and not the adds.

It isn't as cut and dry as "2pc MfD 4pc Anticipation". It's completely dependent on the fight.

Would Anticipation net you more gain than 100 CPs from MfD for Darmac? It's really nice to get back to back, or even back to back to back procs on the 4pc, and follow it up with two MfDs in quick succession from the adds. You've shaved off almost a full minute of your CDs.

The rule of thumb I go by is that if you will get an extra use out of MfD every minute, then use it. If you're on Maidens for example, but not going on the boat, take Anticipation. If you're going on the boat, take MfD.

Quote Originally Posted by Daltin View Post
    The rule of thumb I go by is that if you will get an extra use out of MfD every minute, then use it. If you're on Maidens for example, but not going on the boat, take Anticipation. If you're going on the boat, take MfD.
    With 2pc only MfD still comes out a decent bit ahead (~1%) of anticipation on single target.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet