Assassination help!

Now with the 4pc assassination (Evenom refunds 1 combo point)

Simcraft says using 3pt+ envenom is still a dps loss compared to using 4combo pts envenoms.

Is it still just same old keep envenom uptime maxxed and try to use envendom on 4pts + with as much pooling of energy as possible?

Also which procs should make you stop pooling and just spend all your energy starting with envenom unless you clip? (Bleeding hollow, Thunderlord, Trinkets?, "Legendary ring".

One last thing, Assassin opener feels really wierd, anyone got some tips to which is currently the best one? Assume BiS gear, lust on pull.

Armory: /wow/en/character/kazzak/Mindscape/simple

Any help or input appreciated!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont have 4 set yet but what I've been using for my opener is pre pot, stealth, SS Mut mut/dispatch, on use trinket SR Vendetta macro, rupture MfD Envenom vanish mut etc. Ranked 1 Gruul normal today 42.2k heh. I think with 4 set you're gonna want to go anticipation and always use 5 cp envenom. I know Noxe from method wrote a guide on www.methodwow.com on sub and sin with openers if you're not using MfD but its relatively the same aside from using MfD just spam mut and envenoms

I've had some pretty good success with this opening rotation with the 4 pc.

prepot mut rupture mut to 5 SR/vendetta envenom. Then normal rotation with 5 cp finishers if at all possible.

This does 2 things. 1. it gets rupture and, more importantly, venomous wounds up very quickly. 2. it gets envenom up faster than waiting for 5 cps for both rupture and envenom in the opener.

With this opener, rupture will be falling off right as you get 5 cp (unless very unlucky with crit procs).

As far as standard rotation, i'm running double crit enchants on weapons and everything is crit except for a 50 multistrike gem i haven't swapped out yet. I'm able to maintain 90%+ envenom uptime by almost never doing 4 cp envenoms.

However, if you know for a fact that it's going to be 1-2 seconds before you can get the 5th CP and another 1-2 seconds before you can envenom, you should envenom at 4 cp. The simple fact of mutilate dps is more envenom uptime = more dps. I generally try to save vanish for situations such as that so that i can get envenom at 5 cp.

I'm at 672 ilvl and i did a 31.9k dps parse on heroic gruul (3 petrifies) which put me at 97% for my gear bracket. I'm not the best, but I think i'm doing pretty well.

Actually found it on Noxe's guide. Thx slykila!

Single target opener:
    Step 1: Tricks of the Trade Main Tank.
    Step 2: Prepot and enter Stealth.
    Step 3: Mutilate (Ambush gives the same result on paper but i definitely prefer having higher chance for extra combo point via Seal Fate in the start).
    Step 4: Mutilate
    Step 5: Rupture with 4 or 5 CP's.
    Step 6: Pool energy up to ~120 (assumed 140 max energy) and then pop Shadow Reflection (together with other on use buffs like trinkets or racials).
    Step 7: Vendetta
    Step 8: For the first 8 seconds duration of Shadow Reflection buff when it memorizes our actions we should squeeze in as many abilities as possible including Vanish and sometimes even Preparation if we were unlucky with Blindside procs.
    Step 9: Continue with standard rotation.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    np glad to help

Do not use Rupture after Vendetta, it's pointless, use it after Rupture.

Explanation:
    -your shadow isn't going to get "energy" from it, it's only copying your moves, since Envenom +buffed Mutilate/Dispatch are doing more damage, use them instead of Rupture,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Do not use Rupture after Vendetta, it's pointless, use it after Rupture.

Explanation:
    -your shadow isn't going to get "energy" from it, it's only copying your moves, since Envenom +buffed Mutilate/Dispatch are doing more damage, use them instead of Rupture,
    This is wrong. Rupture has the highest Damage per execute. You always want your clone to cast rupture. It does not stop ticking after the clone dies, there has been proof manifold on this and other forums. Cheers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzy View Post
    This is wrong. Rupture has the highest Damage per execute. You always want your clone to cast rupture. It does not stop ticking after the clone dies, there has been proof manifold on this and other forums. Cheers
    You're inside an assa thread, so no, you don't want it to cast rupture.