Mythic beastlord

question about dos priorities... when darmac hops off his mount(s )
    should we be cleaving off darmac or cleaving off his mount as a class with an execute button?

Deleted
    Cleave off his mount. His mount should die ASAP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cleave off the mount so you minimize the time you have both up and have to deal with multiple abilities. You don't really gain anything by dps'ing Darmac more, since his transitions are based on his percentage, not timers.

Deleted
    well ofc you should cleave. that should be a no brainer lol

Quote Originally Posted by Re1 View Post
    well ofc you should cleave. that should be a no brainer lol
    He didn't ask if he should cleave. He asked what he should cleave out off, aka, which is the priority :P

m darmac is prolly about the same if not more difficult than h blackhand

I would say they are close, probably blackhand edges it out a bit.

However, Hanz/oregorger are incredibly simple mythic fights IMO. Fast wipes on Hanz is very nice for progression. Oregorger doesn't have many changes. I would say they are on par / slightly easier than beastlord. Flamebender falls into that category as well as the only hard point comes from the first set of wolves. Rest of the fight has minimal changes / very hard to wipe at. But you need hanz 1st before you can get flamebender so don't worry about that now.

I would say the only fight you shouldn't do first is gruul as the gear you get from other bosses will help you with it.

Pretty much outside of oregorger (which is in general is just an easy fight), blackhand / m beastlord / m hanz / m flamebender all may be percieved as hard for guilds because no one places the emphasis on burst damage when it is required. If p3 blackhand goes on long, final phase beastlord, dog phase flamebender, stamper phase hanz, then yes you will have issues. You have to work it out with your raid and make sure they understand how important it is to save cooldowns when it is appropriate. make sure people get this stuff through their heads and all these encounters will drop fast .

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Do you guys think M Beastlord is easier than M Hans and H Blackhand? I seem to see guilds go a lot of different directions with this. My guild is struggling with H Blackhand, particularly keeping up with the DPS check.
    If you're expecting something like M Kargath vs H Imperator, you're in for a nasty surprise. I suppose some may consider him easier than Blackhand, but the fight is significantly longer and features a major dps/healing check in the final phase. The recent hotfix was a nerf of sorts, lowering damage taken by melee from Pin Down (and tanks dying to double spears + other crap), but it's still quite difficult for a first boss. That's especially true if you have issues with DPS - last phase is pretty brutal, both with damage and limited room due to Epicenter.

Hans is all about stampers. There is some significant raid damage going around, but if you're doing stampers "perfectly" on heroic, it shouldn't be hard. If not, you're not killing them as single deaths add up to SV one shotting people. Mythic only mechanic is a joke, as long as you have someone call the moves or people get some practice.

If you don't have the dps to kill heroic blackhand, you don't have the dps to do mythic beastlord yet. The final phase of beastlord is also a dps check.

M oregorger is technically the "easiest" boss (that's accessible, flamebender is easier but is gated behind H&F). The dps requirement isn't as high, it's more of a coordination and personal responsibility boss.

H&F has little dps requirement and is just dependent on people not getting 1-shot.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

I appreciate the responses. My guild has been pretty good about handling H&F on Heroic. We killed it our first try on Heroic without many issues. We had a lot of issues on Oregorger for whatever reason. About 25 wipes and we had to try a few different strategies before we decided to just do a 2 group split. Beastlord it seems like we always have a handful of people get pinned.

I think I'm going to direct my guild towards Mythic Hans and Franz. It's a fun fight. Everyone loved it on Heroic mode and the energy really goes up whenever we do that fight.

EDIT: Personally I'd love to keep working on Heroic Blackhand, but we've progressed it for 3 hours now and only gotten into Phase 2 6 or 7 times. The DPS just feels a bit low. We tried dropping people until we were 4 healing it with 19, but at that point we were having people die to (mostly) unavoidable damage.
    If you cannot beat Heroic Blackhand it's doubtful you'll do much on Mythic. Beastlord and H&F are the same difficulty as Blackhand, plus Gruul is a pure dps check (min 35k dps per person IIRC).

I strongly urge you not to step into Mythic until you have cleared Heroic. Additionally, for a first kill anyway, it's incredibly important to have everyone alive by the end of the second phase. If anyone dies on phase 1, you may as well wipe right away. If you barely ever get into phase 2, it means:

a) people are not moving away from red circles, they do more damage the closer you are to them.
    b) you are not managing your healer cds correctly, try setting up, say, tranq + mage 1 amp for first demolishon, healing tide + mage 2 amp for second, boss should transition shortly after the second demo.
    c) people are getting hit by impale. that should not happen. set up a world marker on pile so that both impales use the same pile rather than waste both.
    d) people are not moving at all from the gray circles.
    e) your dps do not know how to dps.
    f) your healers do not know how to heal.
    g) all of the above

If you're struggling with phase one Heroic Blackhand you're not going to be killing Mythic Hansgar & Franzok for a while mate. Blackrock Foundry opening Mythic bosses are in no way Kargath that you can 3-shot, even if you're semi-good, you'll be spending at least 2 hours on Beastlord and who knows how long on H&F if your team is struggling to move from traditional fire-is-hot on phase 1 BH. Get your mages to read Altered Time, your rogues to read Ravenholdt, have them all learn what is the proper way to deal damage and to heal. For Beastlord, we just barely killed him two days ago with over 45k hps on every healer. And that's probably only because we decided to move all raid cooldowns except vampiric embrace and an amplified magic from the first tantrum after he dismounts Faultline in order to concentrate them on the later ones.

Also, protip about phase 2 BH if there are 15-20+ people: nuke down demolishers to 40%~ between the first and second set of impales on them, the second set should kill them, and have the tank not tanking Blackhand stand behind the boss and have the third set of impales hit the him instead. Main tank goes up to ledge, off tank picks up the boss, main tank becomes off-tank and takes the sixth set, repeat.
    Last edited by Joorad; 2015-02-28 at 06:14 AM.

I appreciate the responses. My guild has been pretty good about handling H&F on Heroic. We killed it our first try on Heroic without many issues. We had a lot of issues on Oregorger for whatever reason. About 25 wipes and we had to try a few different strategies before we decided to just do a 2 group split. Beastlord it seems like we always have a handful of people get pinned.

I think I'm going to direct my guild towards Mythic Hans and Franz. It's a fun fight. Everyone loved it on Heroic mode and the energy really goes up whenever we do that fight.

EDIT: Personally I'd love to keep working on Heroic Blackhand, but we've progressed it for 3 hours now and only gotten into Phase 2 6 or 7 times. The DPS just feels a bit low. We tried dropping people until we were 4 healing it with 19, but at that point we were having people die to (mostly) unavoidable damage.
    If your DPS feels low for Heroic, you'll have a field day on Mythic :P

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Keep in mind that Mythic Hans isn't trivial, either. People might have found it fun on Heroic, because mistakes weren't very punishing. Stampers didn't one shot people, there was no split damage on jumps, so everyone could run around on his own, raid damage was very low. It is entirely possible to one shot the boss while still failing on mechanics - and by one shotting them, you didn't get enough practice anyway.

When thinking about Mythic, "pretty good about handling H&F" means "almost getting the achievement". 'Course, it's entirely possible that you are just that

Personally found M beastlord much harder than H Blackhand. No room for mistakes and tightly tuned on dps/heals if you dont have an optimal setup. BRF mythic is no joke theres no pushover fights like Kargath or Twins. If you cant do 10/10 heroic youll get crushed on mythic basically.