Shouldn't VERS be ranked higher than CRIT?

Critical Strike gives you a chance to critically strike. Yet Versatility increase all your damage by a percentage all the time. So right now, I am sitting a 10% versatility.. All my damage is increased by 10% all the time 100%... Isn't that better than a chance to getting critical strike? Unless the critical strike damage is so large it makes up for the flat 10% increased damage you're always getting with Versatility..

Or I could just be stupid and am once again making pointless threads.

That's what sims are for.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

You need more points of versatility to add one percent DPS than you need points of crit. So, if your item has a budget of 100 *points*, you get more out of them as crit (percentage) than as versatility (percentage) from a purely DPS standpoint.

Also, since you ask, crits and multi-strikes have various beneficial effects for various class/spec combinations beyond just the raw DPS output. (eg: SV multi-strike procs the dot) This can make crit or multi more valuable than vers even if vers was point-for-point the same raw DPS.