Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Would it not be worth swapping out an Inn for Spirit lodge? I've done all the missions for dailys. My other large building is the barracks.

Deleted
    Inn gives gold missions which is nice

Quote Originally Posted by Relent View Post
    Would it not be worth swapping out an Inn for Spirit lodge? I've done all the missions for dailys. My other large building is the barracks.
    Inn is medium, Spirit Lodge/Mage tower is large?

Also inn gives more missions which, besides the free gold from them, also means more salvage.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by drakonblayde View Post
    I farm mine in Bloodmaul Slag Mines on Normal. Takes 5 to 10 minutes to clear the ring without needing to kill any bosses, yield is usually between 30 to 40, and no competition for mobs
    Went and did Grimfrost, and yeah, its much faster. Hopefully itll be awhile before folks figure out how awesome the lodge is now and the spot doesnt get overly crowded

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzet View Post
    Asking again because this is really bugging me, but does anyone else have problems getting the Amperial Constructs to switch abilities? Apparently you can swap out their zipline function for a bunch of other utilities but I'm not seeing any way to do so.
    W-what? They do? I didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzet View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...0869303?page=1 Additional thread for reference.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=82441/amp...ruct#abilities You can see the 4 different abilities here.
    Might not have made it in game?

Quote Originally Posted by drakonblayde View Post
    I farm mine in Bloodmaul Slag Mines on Normal. Takes 5 to 10 minutes to clear the ring without needing to kill any bosses, yield is usually between 30 to 40, and no competition for mobs
    That is SIGNIFICANTLY slower than 30m in Grimfrost yielding well over 300. Just get a friend on a low-pop PvE server to invite you to their group overnight when they go to sleep or something and you can grind to your heart's content, or until you DC lol.

Anyways, here's some data: Totally unexpected until I started noticing the better WOs, I did in fact get 3 full coins out of this, and I didn't even have the Mage Tower on Tuesday last week. Just so I know my crystals from this week to next week though: Excluding the 3 overnight WOs, let's just say I have 3500 (3966 as of right now).
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2015-03-03 at 07:41 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    W-what? They do? I didn't know that.
    You can, apparently. Someone has since chimed in on that thread to say they can do it. Considering how rare it was for someone to build a Mage Tower at all prior to their recent 6.1 buff, I'm not surprised people aren't aware of this (some have a Mage Tower but don't even know these constructs exist).

I guess it's some kind of bug, we can only hope for a fix.

As far as the Amperial constructs are concerned they use the pet bar to switch abilities. I was having issues however using my pet bar keybinds (had to actually click them) and I also had issues if I had an actual pet when I stepped into them. Dunno try it out might work. [My tower is T3 but I don't know if that even matters).

For some reason, the pet bar is bugged and disappears like 1 second after entering a construct. However, you can use the following commands to make it work/switch abilities.

/click PetActionButton2 - turn the construct into a run through speed boost thing (like the Darkmoon Faire race track boot icon things).
    /click PetActionButton3 - turn the construct into a run through rocket boost spring thing (like the spring items on the new Darkmoon Faire race)
    /click PetActionButton1 - revert the construct to the zipline portal/default action

If you go with the speed boost, you can just drag the 2 constructs as far apart as you want them in your garrison; it takes you to 291% movement speed (or 310% if mounted).

They have another ability on slot 5 too (shield I think off the top of my head) if the above post works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    For some reason, the pet bar is bugged and disappears like 1 second after entering a construct. However, you can use the following commands to make it work/switch abilities.

/click PetActionButton2 - turn the construct into a run through speed boost thing (like the Darkmoon Faire race track boot icon things).
    /click PetActionButton3 - turn the construct into a run through rocket boost spring thing (like the spring items on the new Darkmoon Faire race)
    /click PetActionButton1 - revert the construct to the zipline portal/default action

If you go with the speed boost, you can just drag the 2 constructs as far apart as you want them in your garrison; it takes you to 291% movement speed (or 310% if mounted).
    This worked like a charm, thanks! Still not able to get the pet action bar to show up at all (I'm a hunter, I've tried unsummoning my pet, relogging, swapping plots, everything, no dice), but at least the text command does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post

I found another one: /click PetActionButton5, which gives you a "Shield" buff, but it's a bit broken atm. It says it increases movement speed by 100% (it doesn't), so I don't know what it does... I assume reduce incoming damage. Also, "4" doesn't appear to work.

What's kinda neat though that I've noticed from the buff tooltips is that all of these abilities share tooltips/functions as the Darkmoon Races. Zipline (Ability 1) is the Strider's jump ability (it even says immune to hazards). Speed Boost (2) gives you 75% bonus speed and even says "So Fast: You can walk on water". Rocket Boost (3) functions exactly like the spring trap. Kinda neat.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2015-03-04 at 05:32 PM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Now I almost wish I had a couple more of them to set up a nice waterslide/obstacle course in my garrison. I had a bit too much fun putting one outside my town hall to toss me to the other at the fountain which I set to spring, which would then launch me into my salvage yard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got 290 crystals from 1 work order, so that smashes the old record.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Just got 290 crystals from 1 work order, so that smashes the old record.
    So more like 100-300, but the average being ~200, with an even spread of around 175~225 being the average it seems. Most of my WOs are above 150 and under 250.

Edit: Just got a 308! 300 is no longer the ceiling!

Also, quick question about the Mission Completion orders: If you already have 5, and your WO box has one in it, what happens to the new one(s)? Does it/do they get deleted or mailed to you or what? Nvm, thanks to PalarishaMalf on Wowhead for posting that they in fact get mailed to you. Makes you wonder why they have a Unique (5) in the first place, haha!
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2015-03-05 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    At 1200 a day average, this building is fantastic. Especially for new level 100s. You could get a full 645 set of apexis gear in like 2 weeks now with the normal daily plus a bought mission or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    At 1200 a day average, this building is fantastic. Especially for new level 100s. You could get a full 645 set of apexis gear in like 2 weeks now with the normal daily plus a bought mission or two.
    I'd almost say the average might be higher and that my luck has been generally bad if the maximum is over 300 (which is quite insane, IMO).

Anyways, here's some data: Totally unexpected until I started noticing the better WOs, I did in fact get 3 full coins out of this, and I didn't even have the Mage Tower on Tuesday last week. Just so I know my crystals from this week to next week though: Excluding the 3 overnight WOs, let's just say I have 3500 (3966 as of right now).
    So I said I had around 3500? Well, I did do one Apexis daily (800) and I got a couple Missions that gave Apexis (no more than 2000), but my Crystal total is 17,751, and that's 10,751 after turnins for coins, compared to last week which was 10,500 before turnin.

So that's a net gain of around 11000ish crystals from the Mage Tower alone for one week, so for anyone keeping the bunker because "it gets you a free coin for the week", Mage Tower gets you three free coins for about 30 minutes of work every other week.

So I said I had around 3500? Well, I did do one Apexis daily (800) and I got a couple Missions that gave Apexis (no more than 2000), but my Crystal total is 17,751, and that's 10,751 after turnins for coins, compared to last week which was 10,500 before turnin.

So that's a net gain of around 11000ish crystals from the Mage Tower alone for one week, so for anyone keeping the bunker because "it gets you a free coin for the week", Mage Tower gets you three free coins for about 30 minutes of work every other week.
    Sounds pretty good - too bad barracks/mill are required for new alts if you even care a little about missions - seems awesome for alt gearing. As to the 3 "free" seals - I get free seals all the time - more garrison resources from missions than I know what to do with - plus, I seem to get at least ~2k in apexis 660-675 missions weekly now.

Any point in building the L2 or L3 Mage tower other than the Waygates? Can you get the same frequency of Mission Completion Orders with L1? It's practically free to build the L1 which is nice

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Looks like a really viable alternative to the bunker once you're done with follower stuff
    yup feels that the reason they buffed it like that - basickly atm its bunker untill u get all followers on 675 and then rebuild it into mage tower on all alts - quite boring but whatever.