10+ Year Old Account

They should freeze ratings the week after a major patch ...

... so bugs don't affect the ladder. Warriors are currently bugged, resto shamans got nerfed with lava burst and chim shot does 25% less dmg in pvp, ... can only imagine how many players have gained ratings/achievements they wouldn't be able to achieve under 'normal' circumstances. And then there are obviously the players who have lost rating due to this. And it's not the first time that it happens. Only solution I can think of is to freeze ratings the first week after a major patch so these bugs won't affect the ladder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly I think the bug discoveries are often tied to rated play. Would take a lot longer to find some of the stuff in skirmish where people don't put their heart and soul into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a bad idea.
    Warlock (SL main)

That would be nice but i think thats more of a bandaid. Id rather they test things more extensively before it gets to live. And ideally make it so they dont hotfix 15 times in the middle of a season. Theyd have to separate pve and pvp abilities which they dont like doing because something along the lines of "its not clear for the casual people who dont read all of the tooltips." So making fireball do 10k in pve, and 5k in pvp isnt clear to everyone so they dont want to do it. I wish they would, people would learn pretty fast.

My main complaint is them changing stat values for certain classes. I started gearing one way on my deathknight, only to find out in a patch that one stat is way better now so 3-4 pieces of conquest gear were "wrong". If they are gonna do stuff like that, make it so that conq gear is tradable for pieces in the same slot. Also holinka said he isnt gonna do the thing where conq gear is available for honor after reahing 27k conq points. So now im stuck in one spec for the whole season instead of being able to try out another one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe they should just do some proper testing...but I guess that's just too much to ask

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Specifically this is an announced hotfix so it shouldn't be treated as a bug. And don't even get me started with hunters :P

As for the rating freezing. How would that work? Many times game breaking bugs are removed after months. Classes are being tuned throughout the patch. For instance, they change mechanic of BoS what should we do ask for 1 week break to relearn to play? Bugs are same as game-changing tweaks and so people should just take them in and move on. This is the case last 10 years anyway.
    Yeah, but a week would give time to have a good look at how classes are performing and change them if there are any severe outliers. See hunter chimera shot and resto LVB and whatever else has been changed within just 2 days of data.

Easily avoided issues if there were a week break.

My thoughts on the matter can be completely summed up with the phrase "deal with it". Seriously, new patches are one of the only fun times in arena, finding out new comps and synergies and exploiting overpowered abilities. Best time to PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    My thoughts on the matter can be completely summed up with the phrase "deal with it". Seriously, new patches are one of the only fun times in arena, finding out new comps and synergies and exploiting overpowered abilities. Best time to PVP.
    I think you misunderstand. This is not about warriors being overtuned or classes being overpowered, they are bugged where one of their abilities aren't working as intended and doing massive amounts of damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it matters that much anyways though. The ratings gotten and lost now are only temporary when people start pushing end season anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ztreb185 View Post
    I think you misunderstand. This is not about warriors being overtuned or classes being overpowered, they are bugged where one of their abilities aren't working as intended and doing massive amounts of damage.
    But nothing was like that. No abilities in 6.1 were doing bugged damage, the Lava Burst PVP bonus damage was intentionally put in place to counteract the 150% crit modifier in PVP, Chaos Bolt has this as well. When they buffed Lava Burst's damage for Resto, it hit very hard, so they decided to nerf that.

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    But nothing was like that. No abilities in 6.1 were doing bugged damage, the Lava Burst PVP bonus damage was intentionally put in place to counteract the 150% crit modifier in PVP, Chaos Bolt has this as well. When they buffed Lava Burst's damage for Resto, it hit very hard, so they decided to nerf that.
    Yeah they were, Ferocious Bite was bugged twice (once with multistrike and once after they hotfixed the multistrike one) and the last bug was actually quite abusable for massive burst if (ab)used correctly. Execute was also bugged yesterday with Sudden Death procs doing extra damage if you had extra rage, without consuming the rage. All fixed now though. Also the things you mentioned are all part of the OPs issue, people spike up to ratings they wouldn't be able to reach if it weren't for these overpowered abilities that all got hotfixed within days. Imo it's not that big an issue though since rating inflation will most likely make it moot... but then again look at s14 where glad ended up at like 2.4k rating and the inflation was really low, so if this would have happened in that season some people would've probably gotten gladiator due to using these 1-day overpowered abilities.

Tbh though what they should have done is postponed the patch for a month and ended the season in week 17, or just ended it now in week 13 instead because this shit is totally unacceptable. You cant just launch a major content patch with broad class changes mid-season, that just nullifies the first half of the season. Oh you got real good at playing comp XYZ? Oh you're even fighting for gladiator? That's too bad cus fuck you your comp is going to suck for the last portion of the season.

Jesus christ how hard can it be just make major class-changes between seasons instead, and only hotfix broken stuff in the first few weeks of the season, just like they started doing early this season. I actually had high hopes for this season (as a first-season-of-the-expansion season that is) with the way they were handling it and then they just went all fucking s13 on our asses again.

/rant off... But yeah blizzard handling of this season has gone from really good to really bad.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If PvP only was balanced, there would be no reason for exploits or bug uses..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    If PvP only was balanced, there would be no reason for exploits or bug uses..
    Bugs can happen, has nothing to do with balance.
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    ... so bugs don't affect the ladder. Warriors are currently bugged, resto shamans got nerfed with lava burst and chim shot does 25% less dmg in pvp, ... can only imagine how many players have gained ratings/achievements they wouldn't be able to achieve under 'normal' circumstances. And then there are obviously the players who have lost rating due to this. And it's not the first time that it happens. Only solution I can think of is to freeze ratings the first week after a major patch so these bugs won't affect the ladder.
    one of the reasons for patches is to FIX something that has been bugged, unintentional or unbalanced - the sooner the better.
    Now, with a patch there is risk that something else breaks, but that risk shouldn't outweigh the reason to come up with a patch.

Why not build separate "Duel Specs" one spec for PvP and the other is PvE. Once activated a spec, if specced under pvp, can no longer do PvE stuff ex: dungeons,raids
    and vice versa, if specced pvp, cannot do arenas, BGs, etc..pvp related.

Both Pvp and Pve specs have different cooldowns and abilities specifying to pvp or pve.
    Ex. cyclone is 8 seconds in PvE, but in Pvp max 3 second stun
    Hammer of justice 6 seconds in PvE, but 3 second stun in PvP.

Gear stays the same way, pvp gear scales.
    But if equipped in PVE gear higher than ilvl 675 (the ilvl blue gear sclaes to) automatically gets scaled down to ilvl 675. That way it builds incentive to do pvp to gear properly instead of abusing the system and using 680+ gear.

I like the idea but it also effects the length of a season. New seasons begin with new tiers (HM was not a tier). That's a lot of conquest to lose out on especially for high rated players.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel