Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Is that not what you're doing by mocking other's choices in what's important? Hell, I don't go around telling people they shouldn't care about what sports team trades what players because it's not important to me.
    The thread was explicitly created, in part, to solicit my opinion.

If someone asks me about sports and I'll tell them what I think about sports.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You do realize that not all criticism is the same, right? If you jump in and just talk about how people are stupid or are wasting their time, then your comment is almost entirely worthless. I can't even remember what particular post you're talking about, but generally the people in that thread will diligently respond to people who try to bring up actual points, even if they're rooted in complete misinformation (Like Dhrizzle's) or somebody with legitimate questions.
    Did I walk into a thread and call you stupid? I might've, that conversation quickly turned toxic because as demonstrated by your posts RIGHT HERE, you become immediately combative and dismissive when your viewpoint is challenged on GG.

P.S. Can you cut it out in this thread? You're rapidly derailing it into a flamewar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The thread was explicitly created, in part, to solicit my opinion.

If someone asks me about sports and I'll tell them what I think about sports.
    Yes, your opinion as to why its wrong, not "because its unimportant".

Round 2 if you don't mind?

Your understanding of the informal fallacy leaves something to be desired. I didn't say "Gamergate is wrong because children are starving in Africa". I said gaming journalism is unimportant.

Very different.
    You do realize the fallacy doesn't have to depend on somebody saying the topic is "wrong," right? You flatout say that you cannot think of something less important. The fallacy literally reads that, "it is suggested an opponent's arguments should be dismissed or ignored, on the grounds of there existing more important problems."

But don't let those semantics stop ya.

If its any kind of anti-feminism at all, its anti-third-wave-feminism.
    Define third wave feminism.

My views on its triviality aside, I find it weird that now that video-games-as-art is gaining mainstream traction so many of those same people who wanted that status for gaming are getting pissed about feminist critique of their art.

Like.....welcome to art.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Yes, your opinion as to why its wrong, not "because its unimportant".

Round 2 if you don't mind?
    I'm not obligated to fit my opinion into one of two boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Did I walk into a thread and call you stupid? I might've, that conversation quickly turned toxic because as demonstrated by your posts RIGHT HERE, you become immediately combative and dismissive when your viewpoint is challenged on GG.

P.S. Can you cut it out in this thread? You're rapidly derailing it into a flamewar.
    This post, right here, it blows my mind so much. You accuse me of derailing the thread into a flame war, and turning the conversation toxic, yet your first contribution here was to just flatout insult people who are supporting GamerGate right out of the gate.

You do realize the fallacy doesn't have to depend on somebody saying the topic is "wrong," right? You flatout say that you cannot think of something less important. The fallacy literally reads that, "it is suggested an opponent's arguments should be dismissed or ignored, on the grounds of there existing more important problems."

But don't let those semantics stop ya.
    Do you feel this way every time someone tells you something is sufficiently trivial to be ignored?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe some have good intention but the majority of gamergate seems to act the same as their opposition.

Fact: The majority of women in raiding cause drama.
    (not all, but a vast majority)

Many Progression Guilds do not accept female raiders.

It's a game and your own guild.
    If a guild only allows certain people, why do you have a problem with it?

There are still private Golf Courses that do not allow blacks or jews.

It's a game and a private guild.
    Let Progression Guilds do as they like, and the n00bs can argue about the scraps they sell in the AH.

My views on its triviality aside, I find it weird that now that video-games-as-art is gaining mainstream traction so many of those same people who wanted that status for gaming are getting pissed about feminist critique of their art.

Like.....welcome to art.
    Criticism is one thing. Pressuring and bullying people into making changes is an entirely different matter.

I don't tell rap artists to change their shit so I can like it.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Well you sure proved me wrong with something to actually back up your claim other than inferring I was some kind of sheep.
    You tell me "you don't understand the topic" and then demand proof when I give you a glib, curt response to your glib, curt response?

Seriously, calm down and let's have a reasonable discussion about this instead of slinging shit in the hope of starting a flamewar and getting this thread locked please.

Do you feel this way every time someone tells you something is sufficiently trivial to be ignored?
    I tend not to walk into conversations that I have, beforehand, deemed unimportant and declare "This is unimportant!"

Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Maybe some have good intention but the majority of gamergate seems to act the same as their opposition.
    Yeah this is pretty much my feeling on the thing. I hear a lot of bitching about how "SJW's" (god I hate that word) silencing people and how they have to be crushed.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a megathread on Gamergate in the VG forums here. Locking this so we keep the discussion in one place.