Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you're all saying this was justified based on hearsay from someone other than the accused?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The breed of the dogs should never of been brought into the conversation, because it is irrelevant - that's the point I was trying to make.
    Then why not try saying so rather than going around it in long winded fashion? I just made a general statement that i found it unlikely to just suddenly happen but that it could have happened, but I am not sure based on the way the shooter went about posting the photos etc. Someone later clarified for me that they had previously attacked the live stock and the owner was pre warned.

You took what I said massively out of context, that or I didn't convey it to you so you could understand where I was coming from.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dogs are called humans best friend for a reason. I don't understand how can someone just shoot it in cold blood and then boast about it. Ok if it's a wild dog and you had to defend yourself. But a happily playing dogs?

If someone shoot my dog... I'd destroy that person. There would be nothing left of him/her.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    If someone shoot my dog... I'd destroy that person. There would be nothing left of him/her.
    So not only would you be an irresponsible dog-owner but also a murder. Gratz I suppose?
    Edit: assuming that we're still discussing the story here. Because I doubt there are many (if any) cases of someone randomly coming to your house and killing your dog for no reason.

I did say that. You're just being over-dramatic and maybe butthurt.
    You said so much later not originally IIRC. I'm neither butt hurt nor dramatic. Just having a discussion nothing more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    So you're all saying this was justified based on hearsay from someone other than the accused?
    Why shouldn't it?

If your dog would attack the livestock of another person, that person can and will defend his property.
    That means, killing your dog would be justified.

Deleted
    I could maybe see a reason for posting pictures of the incident on facebook if there were other neighbours that had pets they couldn't control that he had warned about but refuse to listen? Apart from that, I don't see why he put them online though. I can totally see why he did it though. Don't see why he got fired, just because of posting the pics I suppose? Because I can't see it being a crime if the dogs were doing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Imo it depends if it was the first time the dogs came over or if the dude asked multiple time to the owner to not get their dog on his property. More context info would be nice to have, but i doubt either of them (firefighter or the dogs owner) will comment on that event.
    http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...b.jpg?enlarged

He warned them. So that means he at least asked once and if he is not a psychopath then he most likely asked multiple times.

He is an asshole obviously but the pet owners are also assholes for not keeping their pets off his property after he asked them to.

edit: if the dogs did attack his livestock and caused harm then well...

I've been chased by people's well-mannered pets a few times. People who think animals should have the same rights as people need to create their own insane asylum to live in together.

I might ask a man why he's acting aggressively before I shoot him, but I won't ask a dog. If you loved your pets that much, you wouldn't let them outside your house/yard without a leash. Period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maduk View Post
    Why shouldn't it?
    Because witnesses are notoriously unreliable. This guy isn't even up to the level of witness. And he's a friend of the accused with a vested interest in helping.

If the dogs were attacking his livestock, then yes. But our only proof of that is just some guys second hand story. It means nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really put much stock in dogs, even as pets, and especially not their owners if they're irresponsible, but... What this guy did is wrong. If the dogs were aggravated and attacking him, I wouldn't see an issue with him killing them, but putting taunting pictures on facebook is just in poor taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    The man is sick, justified or not. Somewhat sorry for the owner of the dog but if you can't keep your dogs in a fence or inside then these things can be expected. But in all honesty pet owners usually get screwed in these situations my dog was forced to be put down because he attacked some jackass who hopped my fence into my yard.

"Man's best friend" was attacking his livestock.
    This is a point of contention because the owner of the dogs claimed that he was never contacted regarding his dog's behavior. It's just as possible his dogs were experienced fence-jumpers and he had no idea they were escaping their property and had no contact from the volunteer firefighter in question (why are we referring to this guy by his volunteer work anyway?) before this incident. It's also just as possible that the livestock story was made up and that he was simply tired of dogs being on his property. The nature of his Facebook posts makes me question the motive behind his actions.

In any case, *even if* the dogs were vicious and harming livestock I would have contacted the owner first and then police/animal control second, WAYYYY BEFORE THIS INCIDENT, because shooting the damn dogs was probably the last possible thing that should have happened.

If the dogs were legitimately attacking livestock (which I doubt) I don't have a problem with him shooting the dogs. Posting the pictures is a dick move, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.