Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Number Eighteen View Post
    An Orc's battlecry is "Victory or Death" or "Lok'tar Ogar". Orcs also valuable honorable deaths in battle and the most heroic or glorious of deaths become legendary and in lore get songs (lokvad'nods) written about them. There's nothing glorious in a stupid death, so Grom did a logical thing: retreat.
    It amazes me how someone can do such mental gymnastics to explain how the phrase "Victory or Death" is actually a justification for retreat. Like, really. Because that's a pretty binary battle chant - you either are victorious in battle or you die - there is no retreat/surrender.

Find any hints of personality in wod orcs.
    I can find. If you can't, maybe it's time to get off your basement? Nah, just joking. I'm not a mean person. Usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaflare View Post
    It amazes me how someone can do such mental gymnastics to explain how the phrase "Victory or Death" is actually a justification for retreat. Like, really. Because that's a pretty binary battle chant - you either are victorious in battle or you die - there is no retreat/surrender.
    I mean, Durotan and the frostwolves retreated in frostfire too. It's not like it's unheard of for them to retreat if they'd just 100% lose otherwise.

I mean, Durotan and the frostwolves retreated in frostfire too. It's not like it's unheard of for them to retreat if they'd just 100% lose otherwise.
    Yes. You know, orcs want an honorable death. A stupid death is not honorable, it's just wasting your life. "Victory or death". Sometimes retreating is what it takes to get a victory in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    The Iron Horde are such a threat that they are already on the run after the 6.1 legendary questline

LMAO
    Mixing lore with technical part of the game. F logic.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arpin View Post
    Yes. You know, orcs want an honorable death. A stupid death is not honorable, it's just wasting your life. "Victory or death". Sometimes retreating is what it takes to get a victory in the end.
    Given that Orcs are basically Klingons now, down to skin colour and shouting "It is a good day to diefight!" I think the teachings of Kahless are appropriate here:

Long ago, a storm was heading for the city of Quin'lat. Everyone took protection within the walls except one man who remained outside. Kahless went to him and asked what he was doing. "I am not afraid," the man said. "I will not hide my face behind stone and mortar. I will stand before the wind and make it respect me." Kahless honored his choice and went back inside. The next day, the storm came, and the man was killed. Kahless replied, "The wind does not respect a fool".