Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Got to hand it to Blizzard. Very few developers can pull off labeling RNG as content and have their players white knight it so hard like they do.

Two characters with the camera now (got it on an alt first, a little miffed for a few days til my main got it).

The mission itself was a L100 mission, though I'm not sure whether that's tied to the character or the mission's just plain L100 (achievable by lower level alts so long as they have L100 followers). I didn't spam missions on my main for it, though, I think it was just random whether it popped up for me or not and the other missions likely didn't interfere with it - the alt wasn't spamming missions, either. Random be random.

My biggest complaint is that they're not Toys right off the bat. I have inventory issues. But I sympathize greatly with anyone who really wants it on a specific character (or at all, on anyone) and is having terrible lucky. I would hope it's not on a longer hidden cooldown than the raid cache missions.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Wish they'd made the cameras account bound so you could send them to what character you wanted, or just unlocked for everyone since this is supposed to be a core enough feature in WoW to warrant system options for it.

Still, the problem will fix itself eventually, just a very odd way of distributing what was frankly one of the bigger things in this very lacking patch.
    It is account-bound as a Toy once upgraded, but the problem is just waiting for it to fucking come in your mission log.

How exactly will it fix itself?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    So, let me get this right. You want to consume the content that you did get, within 3 days of it coming out....so you can complain even more in 4 days that there is nothing to do??
    I CURRENTLY have nothing to do. I'd like to get the camera to HAVE something to do.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch 6.1:
    - Instead of sitting in your garrison with nothing to do, now you can sit in Stormwind or Stormshield and make faces at your camera until you get sick of the default cycle of animations playing on top of your emotes.

Defeat RNG by leveling as many alts as possible. And no, I don't blame you if you're sick of doing just that, but it's the only way to obtain this, along with various other mounts and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    So, let me get this right. You want to consume the content that you did get, within 3 days of it coming out....so you can complain even more in 4 days that there is nothing to do??

RNG is part of this game, if it was not, and you received everything you wanted, when you wanted it...there would be no reason to play the game for more than a day or 2.

It is ONE mission, that will eventually come up.

Someone was complaining on the forums when the servers went down the other day that they had not put the little box up telling them the servers were down....some people will complain about anything and everything.

and before someone tries to say "you are just complaining about people complaining" Yes, yes, I am...some people don't actually think before they open their mouths and realize how rediculous they look..I am here to point it out for them.

If you don't like the game, or what they give you to do, then please stop playing...then we won't have 900 of these whining complaint posts.
    To be fair it wasn't me who spent months advertising this feature or the Tradeskill vendor epic quests. Besides sending a follower out to do meaningless things for me is not content to me and isn't "new" content. An while on the subject, going click click on the trade skill vendor is not epic and compelling content and neither is this Npc trying to get me to run a meaningless heroic with meaningless rewards.

The struggle is real though.

Entering Day 6 now. Bah.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Cry more, that'll help.

I am in the same boat. I have 5 max level character that I have been spamming missions on, and haven't gotten the camera. Guildies have gotten 2-3 on the same account.

Here is the issue with this: it came in a patch that give us the music box, the selfie camera, and garrison visitors. So 1/3rd of the 'content' in this patch is all RNG. I have yet to get a reroll mission on a character that hit 100 4 days into the xpac.

The RNG of it is stupid. Some people that REALLY want this are just sitting here being bored and frustrated because there is nothing you can do.

I already have the camera but never got the mission that rewards autographed hearthstone card.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 100's 4 got it, and one of those got the upgrade so they all have it now. Not very gated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    Patch 6.1:
    - Instead of sitting in your garrison with nothing to do, now you can sit in Stormwind or Stormshield and make faces at your camera until you get sick of the default cycle of animations playing on top of your emotes.

snip
    To be honest, i'm not crazy for the selfie camera either, but I have realized how great of a SSOTD tool it is, and some selfies people have taken are actually pretty funny:

( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

@OP - I've gotten the base camera part twice and the filter part once. This was on five of my toons altogether so far. Friend of mine runs 3 and got the first part yesterday. From what I've seen overall it has a high chance of popping up so give it a week and you should see it. I don't really see how they wouldn't make it spawn in less than a month's time.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Hmmm, Tuesday..Wednesday..Thursday..Friday.

Yup, that looks like 2 days to me..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Yeah, that made me laugh as well but math has always been hard.
    Actually, had you both looked at the OP's posting date it was on 2/26. Patch was released 2/24. Which is 2 days so those people aren't wrong. Had we went by the date YOU guys posted your responses then yes, it would be 4-5 days and not 2. So their math is correct. Next time, before you post to insult someone you might want to double check everything to ensure they are correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow people really do complain about everything.

This is what the game is. I might not get the piece of gear I want until 6.2, you'll get it eventually lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    @OP - I've gotten the base camera part twice and the filter part once. This was on five of my toons altogether so far. Friend of mine runs 3 and got the first part yesterday. From what I've seen overall it has a high chance of popping up so give it a week and you should see it. I don't really see how they wouldn't make it spawn in less than a month's time.

Actually, had you both looked at the OP's posting date it was on 2/26. Patch was released 2/24. Which is 2 days so those people aren't wrong. Had we went by the date YOU guys posted your responses then yes, it would be 4-5 days and not 2. So their math is correct. Next time, before you post to insult someone you might want to double check everything to ensure they are correct.

Shows this thread was created 2015-02-27 on my end. As for me 2015-02-27, is when I commented. So for me at least I was correct when I said Tues-Friday does not equal 2 days. An even if this site displayed it wrong on my end then it would have been Tues-Thurs thats 3 days. In which case one of us or all of us is wrong. Since this sight changes the time display every time I reload the site I cant give u an accurate time.

Now it says 2/27 around 1am they posted which could have been just after he sent all his followers on 8-10 hr missions. Which I still count. So yup im stickin with 4 days.
    Last edited by darklogrus; 2015-03-01 at 08:55 AM.

Deleted
    As soon as I copied my character to the PTR I got the mission for the normal camera. However, getting the upgrade it took quite a while (although that was because I barely did missions and it probably popped up when some older mission expired). Now, while burning through all missions on live regularly, I still haven't got anything. Since I only have my main at lvl 100, getting the two camera missions might take a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Exil25 View Post
    As soon as I copied my character to the PTR I got the mission for the normal camera. However, getting the upgrade it took quite a while (although that was because I barely did missions and it probably popped up when some older mission expired). Now, while burning through all missions on live regularly, I still haven't got anything. Since I only have my main at lvl 100, getting the two camera missions might take a while.
    I don't think being lvl 100 matters. Just that your followers are level 100 which you can do on 90+ alts. I could be wrong, but I recall getting it on PTR at one point on my 96.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I honestly don't get Blizzard, gating a toy that's also linked to a title/"content" achievement behind RNG with a mission popping up. I've yet to get a single Dance Manual or HS Pro Guide on my main yet, and I'm willing to bet I won't get a SELFIE Camera until 6.2 is out. So fucking dumb, I swear. I don't even care about taking SELFIEs, but I love doing achievements and simply doing this one seems lengthy and fun in some weird way, but NOPE! Not even allowed to start because the game didn't let me yet.

Anyone else frustrated for being in the BadRNGClub?
    I came back to WoW and WoD in December. Since then I've gotten three dance studios and five HS pro guides. Got my SELFIE camera today. This is also on my single lvl100.

If you haven't gotten used to RNG in WoW yet, it's time you find another game to play.

12 chars (8 of which are 100) with a Garrison, none have the mission for the Cam yet. Also need to make sure that char gets the second mission after to upgrade it, which is slightly annoying. RNG is RNG I guess?

E: I guess complaining works. I just got the mission show up on my alt.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2015-03-01 at 10:12 AM.

Deleted
    Key thing to note - Just got the "2nd" selfie camera mission - this turns your camera into A TOY + adds filters.

So if you get it just once on an alt you now have camera + filters on every single character. Both my characters who received the camera mk1 received the upgrade mission within the next 24hours so wouldn't be suprised if its scripted to spawn right after you get the first part.