Deleted

The 6.1 Mana Tea Mechanic

Needs a flat value put into the calculation so that it 'bottoms out' at 0 spirit, so that it's better at an introductory ilevel. For example if each stack were equal to 3,000 mana + 2*Unbuffed spirit. And the 3k was just fixed. This would mean that a fresh dinged MW with 800 spirit would get 4600 per stack.

With 1500 spirit you'd get 6,000 per stack and so on. Something like this would make that whole system more forgiving at lower gear levels while simultaneously slowing down the rate at which it becomes OP (since the multiplier is now *2).

(or just reverted entirely)

There needs to be some kind of compromise with it. The current calculation is so short sighted it defies belief. Always too strong or too weak & they've made this mistake with other classes in the past and reverted it. Fury warriors and crit in 5.4 as an example, hard mode only spec and was totally gear reliant. So Blizzard changed bloodthirsts crit chance from Crit Chance*2 to Crit chance +30%. Making the spec playable at a low gear level, and stop it spiralling off into overpowered mode late expansion.

How do they make the same mistakes twice. It's such a lazy un-thought out mechanic. I can only think that they must be planning a complete overhaul in 6.2? Nothing else makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

For the record. I've found regen so far pretty comfortable in BRF. I just don't think the mechanic is acceptable for new Mistweavers trying to learn / have fun with the spec. Keep in mind that healing in 5 mans is also generally more mana intensive.
    I also don't think it's acceptable to be set up with a mechanic that's 100% going to break later and require nerfing.
    It's lazy and bad design.

Essentially a tiny fraction of players reach the comfortable/balanced spirit point. I think it will turn new MW's away from the spec at the 5 man stage & it's just a really poorly thought out mechanic.

They still could have made spirit tie in to mana tea with a less lazy formula for it. Flat value & lower multiplier needed. Or just a complete rethink

Easy to forget that most of the playerbase plays below the heroic mode-ish item level. While most people who post on MMO champ are on heroic/mythic progression. Keep that in mind

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by mmoc028a8df6da; 2015-02-27 at 01:29 PM.

Deleted
    this was said before it was even implemented for low geared/pvp mw, unfortunately blizzard fired the one guy who understood mathematics when they got rid of base spell values

seriously, blizzard have this strange fascination with making tooltips 'easy' so they'll opt for ruining the game instead of one moderately difficult to read sentence

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    this was said before it was even implemented for low geared/pvp mw, unfortunately blizzard fired the one guy who understood mathematics when they got rid of base spell values

seriously, blizzard have this strange fascination with making tooltips 'easy' so they'll opt for ruining the game instead of one moderately difficult to read sentence

The main thing that baffles me is they reverted this exact kind of mechanic from Fury (and I think?) Fire & Balance + Possibly more in the prepatch? There was a conscious decision made at Blizzard to get rid of specs that were only good in high end raid gear.

Honestly. It comes down to either 1) complete incompetence or 2) the mechanic is a place holder for a mana tea overhaul in 6.2.
    Unfortunately I think they just wanted spirit to have high value and cobbled together a very lazy mechanic without looking at past mistakes or possible consequences for the future.

That little red line won't be allowed to carry on that way. In typical Blizzard fashion they will likely panic nerf it to *2 or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering the same thing theres a point where mana tea will give us way to much mana. having a base regen was fine in my opinion. Sure we could risk a lot more RJW but think of it when we get over a certain point.. RJW for days ... no years..... it's current state cripples the slightest idea of a monk in challenge modes where as resto druid will be like lullookatmeimsogodlike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    I was wondering the same thing theres a point where mana tea will give us way to much mana. having a base regen was fine in my opinion. Sure we could risk a lot more RJW but think of it when we get over a certain point.. RJW for days ... no years..... it's current state cripples the slightest idea of a monk in challenge modes where as resto druid will be like lullookatmeimsogodlike.
    That nearly happened when the multiplier was *4 on PTR. Blizzard saw that it was OP, and..... [sigh] changed it to *3.

I mean... at no point did it occur to anyone that lowering to a lower multiplier was just delaying the exact same problem until a later gear level and screwing low geared players harder.

It's too dumb. I literally can't handle it. It has to be a placeholder for something else... has to be. You can't be that bad at maths and work in MMO game design. But just in case it isn't, I'm gonna keep bitching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinandwin View Post
    That nearly happened when the multiplier was *4 on PTR. Blizzard saw that it was OP, and..... [sigh] changed it to *3.

I mean... at no point did it occur to anyone that lowering to a lower multiplier was just delaying the exact same problem until a later gear level and screwing low geared players harder.

It's too dumb. I literally can't handle it. It has to be a placeholder for something else... has to be. You can't be that bad at maths and work in MMO game design. But just in case it isn't, I'm gonna keep bitching.
    Math is actually my worst subject and the first thing that came to my mind when this was implemented is was ... so what happens when spirit gets highers like on the release of the next raid spirit is going to be way out of control.

Truthfully though why would they change the orginal mana tea? It was fine in my opinion sure people n higher end raiding could abuse RJW but can't they just do that now? why change anything if it's not going to effect the people your intentionally targeting. It seems silly .... now we have to deal with mana issues at low levels fun
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Deleted
    Truthfully though why would they change the orginal mana tea?

They saw people ignoring spirit and came to the conclusion that monks didn't give a shit about spirit. Completely ignored the fact that they had filled a raid with haste/spirit jewellery and no leather gear with multistrike.... NONE. Basically the choice came down to picking up multi on jewellery / trinks vs taking spirit and literally having 0 multistrike.

So, most people figured just take the throughput items or go 50/50 and fistweave to gain mana.
    If Highmaul had multi/spirit and crit/spirit gear, we would have performed much better in that raid than we did. Spirit was good for us, very good. We were just left with awful gearing choices.

Essentially they fixed a problem that never actually existed: Mistweavers not liking spirit.
    And on top of that being a pseudo problem in the first place, they completely fucked up the fix.

Dunno how they could get talent rebalancing so so right, and this so so wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinandwin View Post
    They saw people ignoring spirit and came to the conclusion that monks didn't give a shit about spirit. Completely ignored the fact that they had filled a raid with haste/spirit jewellery and no leather gear with multistrike.... NONE. Basically the choice came down to picking up multi on jewellery / trinks vs taking spirit and literally having 0 multistrike.

So, most people figured just take the throughput items or go 50/50 and fistweave to gain mana.
    If Highmaul had multi/spirit and crit/spirit gear, we would have performed much better in that raid than we did. Spirit was good for us, very good. We were just left with awful gearing choices.

Essentially they fixed a problem that never actually existed: Mistweavers not liking spirit.
    And on top of that being a pseudo problem in the first place, they completely fucked up the fix.

Dunno how they could get talent rebalancing so so right, and this so so wrong.
    This goes back to blizzard being ignorant to the forum posts and PTR tests. Time and time again there where post concerning this and they where flat out ignored.
    It's like you have a kid and you tell them you can't have candy your allergic and they go eat a ton of chocolate. It's true we value spirit more but after a certain point we are going to be broken i don't want to be nerfed every other patch. Monk has always been a special type of healer and they keep trying to dumb it down it's really frustrating. If i pvp'd right now on my mistweaver i would be furious. There's only a few pieces for pvp with spirit as well how is that even fair?

Deleted
    This goes back to blizzard being ignorant to the forum posts and PTR tests. Time and time again there where post concerning this and they where flat out ignored.
    It's like you have a kid and you tell them you can't have candy your allergic and they go eat a ton of chocolate. It's true we value spirit more but after a certain point we are going to be broken i don't want to be nerfed every other patch. Monk has always been a special type of healer and they keep trying to dumb it down it's really frustrating. If i pvp'd right now on my mistweaver i would be furious. There's only a few pieces for pvp with spirit as well how is that even fair?

They did lose quite a lot of their uniqueness from MoP but that being said I feel like the 90/100 talents bring a lot of depth right now.

Edited to keep the topic on point since I kinda just rambled off about 5.4 after this
    Last edited by mmoc028a8df6da; 2015-03-03 at 12:03 AM.