Uses for Saving Grace

I have been trying to find a use for this spell because in spite of the debuff, it's a pretty strong instant heal with 0 or 1 stack that is capable of (as the name implies) saving people from dying in some situations.

In particular it seems to perform well in non-ideal circumstances - such as progression - in fights without constant raid damage. I used it last night while healing H Iron Maidens because my guild was making our first attempts and naturally that involves people screwing up (i.e., taking a lot of spike damage) as well as less than on point healing because we're still learning to deal with the mechanics. It ended up being about a third of my effective healing. More importantly, it definitely contributed to keeping people from dying in some situations. The ability to bomb an instant heal on a target can be pretty useful.

It was much less useful on a fight with constant, raid-wide damage (e.g., Blast Furnance), even on progression - which makes sense.

Anyone else trying to give this spell a shot?

Deleted
    It can be a Challenge Mode tank saver, or similarly useful for Proving Grounds, although that opinion is based on beta testing way back when. I've not tried it in 6.1 yet.

Like you said, it's best for fights with less consistant raid damage but good for fights where your raid might step in fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ente1369 View Post
    It can be a Challenge Mode tank saver, or similarly useful for Proving Grounds, although that opinion is based on beta testing way back when. I've not tried it in 6.1 yet.
    I don't think you can take the 8 second debuff in CM. You'll save the tank from death just to have him fall over few seconds later.