Prot - Mythic Oregorger

Anybody have tips for Prot. Warriors in general?

Deleted
    Roll a Drunk monk, or overgear it. #besttanktips

Deleted
    ravager/bloodbath, my cd rotation was painsup+demoshout/cocoon+shieldwall/hand of protection (and 60 rage barrier all the time)

You need some serious CD's on you for each Acid Torrent if you want the raid to not drop to 10% health each time. I'm fairly certain that SBarrier doesn't do a thing for reducing the Acid Torrent damage on you (2 kills now, no discernible difference between having it up and not having it up as far as the raid damage goes). Depending on what class the other tank is, you'll have to plan CD's accordingly.

My co-tank is a ProtPaladin, so SotR is just a guaranteed 32% damage reduction for each Acid Torrent as long as he doesn't miss it (that percentage is for him specifically of course), so factor that in when coming up with the external rotation on the tanks. You either need physical damage reduction on the tank, or magic damage reduction on the raid. And remember that the raid gets all of the reduction that the tank gets, so place Smoke Bombs and Barriers on the tank, not the group. Each Acid Torrent is 13-14 seconds apart, so plan CD's accordingly (if at all possible, you'll want to take 2-4-6 and the other tank takes 1-3-5-7).

Edit - I love Ravager for our level 100 talent, but I'd advise going Gladiator's Resolve for Oregorger. 5% damage reduction for you? Usually not as good as Ravager overall in most scenarios. 5% damage reduction for everyone in the entire raid? Really no reason to go with Ravager on this one until your group is comfortable.
    Jjmackey - Protection Warrior
    WCL Rankings | Incarnate of US-Ner'zhul
    7/7M EN - US 20th | 3/3M ToV - US 15th | 10/10M NH - US 16th

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jjmackey View Post
    You need some serious CD's on you for each Acid Torrent if you want the raid to not drop to 10% health each time. I'm fairly certain that SBarrier doesn't do a thing for reducing the Acid Torrent damage on you (2 kills now, no discernible difference between having it up and not having it up as far as the raid damage goes). Depending on what class the other tank is, you'll have to plan CD's accordingly.

My co-tank is a ProtPaladin, so SotR is just a guaranteed 32% damage reduction for each Acid Torrent as long as he doesn't miss it (that percentage is for him specifically of course), so factor that in when coming up with the external rotation on the tanks. You either need physical damage reduction on the tank, or magic damage reduction on the raid. And remember that the raid gets all of the reduction that the tank gets, so place Smoke Bombs and Barriers on the tank, not the group. Each Acid Torrent is 13-14 seconds apart, so plan CD's accordingly (if at all possible, you'll want to take 2-4-6 and the other tank takes 1-3-5-7).

Edit - I love Ravager for our level 100 talent, but I'd advise going Gladiator's Resolve for Oregorger. 5% damage reduction for you? Usually not as good as Ravager overall in most scenarios. 5% damage reduction for everyone in the entire raid? Really no reason to go with Ravager on this one until your group is comfortable.
    This guy is a terrible tank ignore him.

JK ILU JJ give me more gear plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    This guy is a terrible tank ignore him.

JK ILU JJ give me more gear plz.
    RUDE! Can't give you more gear, Fury will complain to no end
    Jjmackey - Protection Warrior
    WCL Rankings | Incarnate of US-Ner'zhul
    7/7M EN - US 20th | 3/3M ToV - US 15th | 10/10M NH - US 16th

Heey, I just killed this boss Thursday on mythic. As a prot warr you'll need alot of external cd's, and we're really fortunate to have a Monk tank aswell, and they dont need any cds due to the OP'ness of Stagger. We have alot of external cd's in our team and we didn't spare them. I took acid nr. 2,4 and 6. On my first acid we used Vigilance, Sac and my demo shout. My 2nd acid I had armour trinket, pains sub and a sac. And on my 3rd acid I used shield wall and demo.( could have added 2 more sacs, but would only be overkill).