Thread: Tatoo

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Kinda like how Chinese people get English words tattooed on them?
    Now, that's funny right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get one of Liza Minnelli taking a shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why dont you get a dick tattoo. And have He-man on there and his sword pointing up and you know when ever you have the power it will grow lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Been contemplating getting one this summer on my right arm.

Discuss either this or anything tatoo related. I'm listening.

Stay thirsty my friends.
    How dark are you? I've been watching Ink Masters and they'll sometimes HATE working on people with darker skin for various reasons. I mean, i'll watch an NBA game and see someone covered in tats and really have no idea what they have. Only someone like Birdman can i really tell what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Zangeiti View Post
    Why dont you get a dick tattoo. And have He-man on there and his sword pointing up and you know when ever you have the power it will grow lol.
    Nothing will never beat the worst tattoo in history, the crazy girl that tattooed the psycho cat from alice in wonderland on her vagina...

If we're playing Would You Rather, I'd take the Cheshire Twat over DRAKE.

. . . you know, provided I had the necessary equipment.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Booty View Post
    How dark are you? I've been watching Ink Masters and they'll sometimes HATE working on people with darker skin for various reasons. I mean, i'll watch an NBA game and see someone covered in tats and really have no idea what they have. Only someone like Birdman can i really tell what they have.
    I'm light skinned.

Quote Originally Posted by Furiaen21 View Post
    I have a fairly large (5" by about 3") on the back my neck. Is my first and only tattoo currently. It wasn't bad at all. Don't let people tell you that the fact it's on part of your spine scare you. It wasn't bad at all. But I'm also slightly masochistic and have a high pain tolerance.

My back currently - sorry for the poor pic, I forgot to get a really good one.

Son of a bitch hurt like hell. Always does, skinnier you are the more it can hurt, needle on bone is nothing but pain from here to Sunday.

That said, pain is incredibly subjective. I am a big baby and I don't like hurting one bit (though frankly the itching is worse.)

Just recognize that whatever you do, it ain't gonna tickle.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post

My back currently - sorry for the poor pic, I forgot to get a really good one.

Son of a bitch hurt like hell. Always does, skinnier you are the more it can hurt, needle on bone is nothing but pain from here to Sunday.

That said, pain is incredibly subjective. I am a big baby and I don't like hurting one bit (though frankly the itching is worse.)

Just recognize that whatever you do, it ain't gonna tickle.
    It hurts alot more on the spinal cord because of all the nerve endings up and down it. I have one on my shoulder blade but wouldn't be able to deal with what you've got there. How many sessions did it take to get that done?

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    It hurts alot more on the spinal cord because of all the nerve endings up and down it. I have one on my shoulder blade but wouldn't be able to deal with what you've got there. How many sessions did it take to get that done?
    That's about 8-sessions in, roughly 40-hours I think at this point.

And again, pain is super subjective and the amount of tissue between the bone and skin can really change a lot.

I asked my artist about all the MMA or NFL guys they've had on Inkmaster who get something like on the calf and just start screaming and crying. According to her and the other artists in the shop the reason given by the show - the athlete's muscle fiber is so dense you need to push down really hard - is complete BS. It just comes down to whether or not you can take that type of pain and how much of it you can handle within a specific period of time.

I've got one friend with wings on her back, they were done in 2-10+ hour sessions back to back. She'd have even gone on longer - she has an incredible pain tolerance - but her skin was literally too bruised to continue taking ink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Been contemplating getting one this summer on my right arm.

Discuss either this or anything tatoo related. I'm listening.

Stay thirsty my friends.
    Well I',m all for it, a few years ago, during the summer, I got one. It's the symbol of my zodiac, and I'm considering getting an actual scorpion right underneath
    So go ahead, it's pretty cool!
    Last edited by Lupinemancer; 2015-03-08 at 06:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Biblical quotes are in for tattoos: I suggest Leviticus 19:28.
    Lol!! on topic I have 4 tattoos not many by most standards but i advocate there use! lol

10+ Year Old Account
    My advice, don't. I got one (my first and only) about 5 years ago. It's a small set of wings (basically black outlines, think tim burton, swirly black lines) between my shoulder blades. They are fairly small and unnoticeable, but I regret them every single time I happen to catch a glimpse in the mirror. Part of my regret is the artist's fault. I 100% designed it, but I feel like she was offended I didn't like her idea. She didn't really pay much attention to the spacing, they need to be further apart. I also requested white ink and no other color to be used. She used black ink after talking me out of the white, I wish I had stood up for myself. She also used a touch of baby blue out of nowhere. I seriously had no idea until she handed me the mirror and asked what I thought

Every time I consider getting a tattoo I remember that I will have to live with that for the rest of my life. I would suggest having it at least someplace that is easy to cover up unless you are in a job that you wont be leaving that doesn't care. Be sure you get a good artist. My brothers have both had bad tattoo. Probably related to letting their friend do it while he was high. That said, I doubt you want to have to get a cover up because the artist is bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think about getting older (40+) and having this tramp stamp on me. It's cringe worthy.
    id rather be 40 with a tramp stamp and a happy hubby than not

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 8 tattoos and my oldest is now 14 years old. I think the reason I still like my tattoos is that I designed them myself, then worked with my tattoo artist on flushing them out(I am not the best artist lol). being able to talk to your tattoo artist is the most important part in my opinion. Any artist I have gone to loves being asked their advice, and given a bit of free reign to fix or design. But you do not have to say yes if you do not like something. A true artist likes being challenged and I have yet to meet an artist who did not work with me. I also went to places where art was more important than money, and have a personal choice on never going to a "chain-tattoo franchise". Never settle, if you do not mesh well with your artist, find someone else.