Thread: My Father

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My dad had a minor heart attack about a week ago, spent some time in the hospital, he had bypass surgery about 4 years ago, so it was a big scare.

I never get used to seeing this man, who was the big strong guy I always looked up to as a kid, lying in a bed with an IV in his arm and the beeping of a heart monitor in the background. I'm constantly reminded at how fleeting life can be, so for me it's important to spend as much time with family as possible.

You have my condolences OP, and my sympathy.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to hear about this. We're here for you in our own little MMO-Champ way
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Deleted
    I lost my father when I was 15, out of the blue, no signs, nothing. My life was intertwined with my father's in a sport, and suddenly I no longer had a life.

Since then, I have come to known what it is to have a parent who just withers away - my mother started to "die" when my father died 20 years ago, first through just sorrow, then depression, and finally Alzheimer's, which has eaten her brain for the past decade or so at least.

I can tell you that either way it's horrible as hell. Sad thing is, I never got to say goodbye to my dad, but then I never said goodbye to my mom either, even though I had plenty of time. It's been way too late for a long time, of course, since she hasn't been able to recognize people for a long time now.

What I'm trying to say with all of this is that you're not alone in this shit. I know it doesn't make it much better, but you've got people here who can empathize with what you're going through, and people who have gone through stuff as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just an update, he may not make it past the weekend. Later I'll post how he got to this point.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Just an update, he may not make it past the weekend. Later I'll post how he got to this point.
    If you have it in you, show and tell him how you feel about him.

I promise, if you do that, it'll be one less thing to eat at you for the next several decades.

I don't care

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-03-17 at 12:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    that's awful man.... sorry you have to go through this.

Quote Originally Posted by Everett View Post
    I don't care
    then why do you post?
    OT: sorry for your loss, all best wishes for you and your mother...
    Spec: i5 4670k - MSI Z87M-G43 - HyperX 8GB -Corsair H100 - GTX 980 ti

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    I pray he has accepted Christ that he may sleep and then rise at the triumphant return.
    Rude scum. Don't intrude on someone's grieving with your tasteless proselytizing. You should be ashamed of yourself, but I know your type knows no such thing. I think Aeluron's a goofy dude and his Location tag... triggers me, but come the fuck on. You're disgusting.
    Last edited by tss; 2015-02-28 at 05:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    Rude scum. Don't intrude on someone's grieving with your tasteless proselytizing. You should be ashamed of yourself, but I know your type knows no such thing. I think Aeluron's a goofy dude and his Location tag... triggers me, but come the fuck on. You're disgusting.
    His comment didn't bother me. I was more perturbed by the "Don't care" comment honestly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Hang in there man Sorry to hear that. Just as long as you do have the time to end it on a positive ending because you know its coming, don't waste it I'd say. It's worse at the time to know its coming, but better in the long run I'd say. Like for my Grandma, she passed away out of nowhere to me basically, like we knew she wasn't doing as well, but there was no sign she was going to just die, but she was losing her memory, she didn't remember any of us, and it's just kinda like that feeling of "If only I had a chance, if only I knew".

I mean, I don't know what else to say, but yeah

His comment didn't bother me. I was more perturbed by the "Don't care" comment honestly.
    Its the internet, where its cool to be edgy, I wouldn't even consider that comment worth looking at honestly.

You're commenting on the same guy who believes that children are property that are to be beaten into submission. Anyway, sorry for your father OP, I honestly hope that he will rest in peace.

Sorry for the loss bro, but why do we need a thread for this? It has no real discussion and it's just going to be a hundred more posts of people giving their condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderjac View Post
    Sorry for the loss bro, but why do we need a thread for this? It has no real discussion and it's just going to be a hundred more posts of people giving their condolences.
    Hey, it may be the case, but it at least shows that people care about him enough to comment on his lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate me all you want. To be hated is the destiny of those who follow truth, and such brings many to see the truth. I am indeed disgusting more so than you can imagine, but you lack the vision to understand how.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Hate me all you want. To be hated is the destiny of those who follow truth, and such brings many to see the truth. I am indeed disgusting more so than you can imagine, but you lack the vision to understand how.
    And you think you don't lack the vision to understand how? You have no right to dictate how one should practice his or their beliefs. It doesn't matter if you think they're going to hell, if you don't have something positive to say then don't say it at all, especially to a person who's father is dying.

Sorry to hear about your father Aeluron, I haven't lost a parent myself but I've lost 3 grandparents and even that was tough for me. Just remember the good time you spent with him and remember to take some time off to grieve,we all need it when it comes to things like this. Take care and take some time for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    And you think you don't lack the vision to understand how? You have no right to dictate how one should practice his or their beliefs. It doesn't matter if you think they're going to hell, if you don't have something positive to say then don't say it at all, especially to a person who's father is dying.
    I once was blind, but now I see. I don't lack the vision. As for having no right to dictate beliefs or practices, I indeed do have such as a living being to state that the truth is the truth and that it should be practiced by all, but even that I have not done in this thread. As for having something positive to say, hoping for the salvation of a dying man is the most positive thing that can be said for him.

If you and the other who attacking me like you do really care about being positive in a thread about a dying man, cease your pointless attacks that turn the thread into an argument. Attacking one who hopes for the best for a dying man simply because you want to play the good antitheist is the antithesis of positivity. I hope this is the last we need speak of this.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

I'm sorry
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Sorry. Can't they ventilate him?