Thread: My Father

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm so sorry.

*hug*

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    I once was blind, but now I see. I don't lack the vision. As for having no right to dictate beliefs or practices, I indeed do have such as a living being to state that the truth is the truth and that it should be practiced by all, but even that I have not done in this thread. As for having something positive to say, hoping for the salvation of a dying man is the most positive thing that can be said for him.

If you and the other who attacking me like you do really care about being positive in a thread about a dying man, cease your pointless attacks that turn the thread into an argument. Attacking one who hopes for the best for a dying man simply because you want to play the good antitheist is the antithesis of positivity. I hope this is the last we need speak of this.
    We're aren't attacking you, I urge you to not force your beliefs on someone in a negative manner.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly OP, I apologize for any conflict that may have stirred. I hope you can make peace with your father before his end. My greatest condolences.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    We're aren't attacking you, I urge you to not force your beliefs on someone in a negative manner.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly OP, I apologize for any conflict that may have stirred. I hope you can make peace with your father before his end. My greatest condolences.
    He inserted his beliefs into the discussion, and in a positive way.

In what way his his post negative?

I am so sorry. It's hard to lose a parent, it really is. I hope your Father finds peace, and know this, he will suffer no more. May God be with him and your family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

I agree it's a bit vulgar and rude to proselytize in a thread about a personal tragedy like this. But this whole issue is hijacking the thread, which it probably not so good.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I agree it's a bit vulgar and rude to proselytize in a thread about a personal tragedy like this. But this whole issue is hijacking the thread, which it probably not so good.
    I fail to see where he did that. The thing to do is ignore how he articulated empathy if you have such a problem with it instead of drawing attention to it. Anyone whose been here a long time know of Death's religious convictions and a good chunk of us know the context in the message was a good one sending condolences.

And it's not like we got shit else to do until we get an update anyway.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2015-03-01 at 04:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't bothered by it. Like I said the whole "I don't care" post was more rude then DeathEternal over there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

He essentially said that if his father wasn't a Christian he was going to hell. I really don't care what you believe in, this guy's father is dying (maybe already dead). In the end, it doesn't matter, I have to admit a part of this may have been from the pervious conflict I had with him over in another thread where he said that you need to break children. I'll end it here and now.

The Rapist Pope Sloth decrees

http://7770647a14b0867efc75-b939f832...com/359216.jpg

Sorry, just thought a little bit of immature humor might lighten it up a little. I apologize for any rudeness I may have caused and while I disagree a little what he said, I'm putting it aside once and for all.

Infracted
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2015-03-03 at 05:54 AM.

Literally who are you?
    What makes you think you should post this here?

Keep cryin', bitch nigga

Mod Edit: Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2015-03-01 at 09:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Soki View Post
    Literally who are you?

Keep cryin', bitch nigga
    wow you're an edgy little fucker aren't you.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    At least his suffering will be over. Sorry for your loss.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I don't know about you OP, but if any of my family members were to die, the last thing I would do is sit here and type a thread on MMO-C Off-Topic forum even if the majority of posts are well-meaning.

I would either spend time alone or with family members/friends.

Anyways, I can relate to the OP as my father is pretty advanced in years, has been bed-ridden for quite a while and can no longer digest food properly. We take care of him as much as we can, but sometimes I feel like we're prolonging his agony.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    I don't know about you OP, but if any of my family members were to die, the last thing I would do is sit here and type a thread on MMO-C Off-Topic forum even if the majority of posts are well-meaning.

I would either spend time alone or with family members/friends.

Anyways, I can relate to the OP as my father is pretty advanced in years, has been bed-ridden for quite a while and can no longer digest food properly. We take care of him as much as we can, but sometimes I feel like we're prolonging his agony.
    everyone deals with loss differently
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    We all die

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    everyone deals with loss differently
    If my dad was passing, I'd drive as far as I could in a day, build a campfire, open a bottle of whiskey, then see what my guitar has to say about it.

To each their own.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Instructor Soki View Post
    Literally who are you?

Keep cryin', bitch nigga
    Well, you're a rude one, aren't you, feel tough through your callousness, do you?

Anyway, sorry to hear about your dad, I know how it feels to loose people that are cared for, hope you and your family pull through what ever may come.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

I like to think that, in some form, we live on when we die. It's impossible for anything to ever be destroyed, only changed. That's true for matter of all kinds right down to the strangest particles we barely have any understanding of, so I'd like to think it's true of our minds as well. Our bodies die, return to the earth, and we live on through other lifeforms. Something must happen to our minds as well, at least that's what I think.

Sorry to go on a bit of a rant, but I guess what I'm trying to say is, no one truly knows what happens when we die. Regardless of what you believe, the time we have here is special, and you should cherish your memories of the good times. It's okay to ponder what we are and where we're going when our time is up, but dwelling on death is poison. Remember your father as he was, and honor him in your own way. Afterwards, live your life to the fullest, or grief will consume you. Grief isn't something you can just will away; you have to replace grief with something else.

I felt Leonard Nimoy said it best.

'A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP'

My grandfather passed away 5 years ago, and I'm still dealing with it. He was a good man, and both my mom and I were very close with him. She's having a tougher time then I am, usually around the anniversary. But when I read that quote yesterday, I think my grandfather would want me to heed it. I'm sorry for your loss, you might never heal from the loss. But it'll scar over, and it'll get better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, he's in the afterlife now.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I don't know you, or your family, but I am sorry for you dude . I wish the best for you.