Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Correct me if im wrong but the issue with the prisons were not that Imams (the official state accepted ones) promoted extremists but rather from the convicts some acted as Imams and spread radicalisation between convicts. There was an UK documentary about it, a guy that did it and got transfered prison after prison because he promoted hate and extremists while being a religios leader and an inmante at the prison. And the other inames believed in him so when they got out they joined him.

Found the Documentarie, it's called "From Jail to Jihad"

The Muslim prison population in England and Wales has doubled in the past ten years to nearly one in seven inmates. This rise is five times faster than the increase in the overall jail population.
    Evidence shows most Muslims are not radicalised, but the prison system is also home to the UK's greatest concentration of Islamic terrorists and extremists. Many more are converted or radicalised behind bars.
    Reporter Raphael Rowe follows one radical convert as he leaves prison, interviews some convicted terrorists and extremists about their experiences inside and asks if the authorities are doing enough to prevent the increasing threat of radical Islam inside prison.
    If anything I would give funds to have prisons with 1 cell 1 convict and have as little social interaction as possible between themself. That's kinda the only way to make sure they won't convert and radicalize.
    Last edited by mmoc0127ab56ff; 2015-02-28 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Personally I think a class like this should be required to immigrate to any country.
    Likewise. If someone isn't willing to compromise and integrate then they shouldn't be allowed to be part of a foreign country's society.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Likewise. If someone isn't willing to compromise and integrate then they shouldn't be allowed to be part of a foreign country's society.
    Depends on what people define as integrate, because for a lot of people that seems to be "abandon everything about your old culture".

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Depends on what people define as integrate, because for a lot of people that seems to be "abandon everything about your old culture".
    Compromises need to be made. People shouldn't just move to a foreign country and then never make an effort to get involved in society outside of closed communities and that should be applied across the board for everybody.

Compromises need to be made. People shouldn't just move to a foreign country and then never make an effort to get involved in society outside of closed communities and that should be applied across the board for everybody.
    I didn't state otherwise.

The key is not abandoning your own culture but respecting the host's culture. The lack of respect is a problem.

Deleted
    I'd say it's a good idea.
    At least it sparks dialogue between entities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    This kind of attitude is one of the main reasons why immigrants are not well integrated in Europe. Constant "looking down", gross-generalizations and what not. Extremism, especially Muslim extremism, is on rise in Europe and that did not happen for no reason. Europeans did not want Muslim neighbors back in the days, now they are trying to open a conservative community that is intentionally isolated / alienated. Good luck education them.
    part of integration is being able to take a joke. something people should think about.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    part of integration is being able to take a joke. something people should think about.
    I think this is one of the most frequently used excuses by bigots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I'd say it's a good idea.
    At least it sparks dialogue between entities.
    This is not going to work, at all. In fact, I think some people can use it as a propaganda tool and can present it to their audience as a threat to Islam.

Deleted
    I don't think that word means what it does.

This is not going to work, at all. In fact, I think some people can use it as a propaganda tool and can present it to their audience as a threat to Islam.
    Ignoring that I agree that it wont work. You're basically admitting that there's no workable solution. Good job!

I have no hostility based on religion towards Muslims. If people can't joke together they will remain separated.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ignoring that I agree that it wont work. You're basically admitting that there's no workable solution. Good job!
    I should have a "no worth to have a discussion due to poor comprehension skills" list. That would cover 95% of mmo champion users. Read it again, and you will see the post is only saying trying to educating imams won't work.

Deleted
    If you think just introducing something like that does not make it almost mandatory for a public figure like an Iman is kinda dishonest.

People won't got: "See this is the one preacher who didnt take the no childabuse seminar. I guess that is his good right."

Deleted
    I should have a "no worth to have a discussion due to poor comprehension skills" list. That would cover 95% of mmo champion users. Read it again, and you will see the post is only saying trying to educating imams won't work.
    It might not have been your intention but effectively it's what you're saying. If even an attempt at a dialogue that is completely free to participate in can be seen as an attack on islam or construed that way then we do have a problem and a pretty big one. You're only saying that it wont work, which we agree on but you're not ever giving any ways that "would work" for the same reason you're also convinced that this wont work. Because there is no workable solution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    It might not have been your intention but effectively it's what you're saying. If even an attempt at a dialogue that is completely free to participate in can be seen as an attack on islam or construed that way then we do have a problem and a pretty big one. You're only saying that it wont work, which we agree on but you're not ever giving any ways that "would work" for the same reason you're also convinced that this wont work. Because there is no workable solution.
    Why would this "not work"?

- - - Updated - - -

Surely some people might see it as an attack. Many others would be glad to join and see it as further integration.