Poll: Would you be interested in more Single-Player content in WoW?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Depends on the type of single player content... I like the social aspect of WoW – I just don’t like to raid with other people. I like doing dungeons, battlegrounds, questing – well, even fishing with other people. I love guilds, chatting in-game and the auction house. So I’m not saying that I want to play WoW by myself, I’m just saying that I don’t like to R-A-I-D with other people.

What I would like to see is more ways outside of group raiding to get good gear. When I first beat Kanrethad (4th try, patch 5.3 with VERY crappy gear, 463 iirc), not even one of my heroic raiding friends had done so. 5.3 Kanrethad was a fight full of precise, clockwork mechanics. If your position was wrong by a hair, you died. If you didn’t pay attention, adiós. If you don’t react to mechanics asap, wipe. If you didn’t know every damn thing about your class - try again, son.

So make very difficult solo scenarios with high ilvl gear rewards, and I'd be happy with it. If people chose to raid in a group, great, more power to them. No need to change that. But give solo'ers the option.

I just can't stand loot drama, people whining because the dps was low, healer didn't heal, tank didn't have a clue... Tight schedules, kissing ass to get a raid spot, GM favorites, all that stuff.

I'd rather see more multi-player content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Just because someone wants more content, doesn't mean that they specifically want more single-player content.

Thank you for your input.
    That's not what he/she's saying. He's saying that the original post is not clearly outlying that developing solo content would take resources away from group content.

A poll asking if people want more of any content would mostly be answered yes if there's no negative effect.
    I think in these discussion it should be clear that developing any content uses finite resources. Even if it was just phrased as, "Would WoW be better off if it focused on developing more solo content?" would make it clear there's a trade-off.

Personally, I care more about group content. I think WoW had a better balance between larger group content (world bosses, raiding), smaller group content (5 mans, challenge modes, heroics, scenarios, rares) and solo content (lots of dailies, farm). The smaller group content is obviously accessible to mostly solo players as well, hence I felt there was always something to do and you could do different things depending on how many friends you have available at the time(even if there was none).

Now there's a pretty stark difference since I mostly just raid or do garrison stuff. The new garrison missions are a step in the right direction, especially like the 3 person quests.

Part of the problem with the game is the alienating of social design in the game in some places. And by social I don't mean grouping with people for 10 minutes and not talking, then moving on.
    Make the players have to interact with each other more. Hell, throw more Magtheridon cubes in the world lol.
    Have some bitching ass boss that's heavily shielded on the front that shoots a giant beam. Have a way to break off weak pieces of armor and get each player to hold a piece so they can all reflect the beam to make it hit some weak spot on the back of its head.
    Have more dynamic strats like Yor'sahj be common.
    Be more engaging than interrupts.

7+ Year Old Account
    More things like brawlers guild. Maybe solo mythic raids. Anyone know any good videogames that are solo raids, or like brawlers guild sorta?
    http://re-lapse.enjin.com/
    Fri Sat 9PM-1AM EST
    13/13M
    US #1 Weekend Guild
    If you have what it takes, apply.

Don't we all want more content, be it single or multiplayer? The question is if voting for more single-player content comes at the expense of multiplayer content. That should be clarified in the OP.

I'd rather they just made the entire game single player with optional co-op.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I'd rather they just made the entire game single player with optional co-op.
    I've kinda always wanted a single player WoW. Zones and story could be more fleshed out because they know they don't have to abandon the game after a few months to make a new version of it for the sake of "new"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    I've kinda always wanted a single player WoW. Zones and story could be more fleshed out because they know they don't have to abandon the game after a few months to make a new version of it for the sake of "new"
    An interesting point.

An untapped market, for sure.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Deleted
    Single player? No.

Small group size? (Under 5 players) Yes.

Not single player, more like 2-5 players (scalable) content. But single player no, it's an MMO after all.

Play an MMO, want single player content. Okay.

No, I want more small group content that is challenging.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie71 View Post
    If I want to play a single player game , why pay blizzard £9 per month
    Why not? This is pocket money for hours played it gives.
    Strictly single player games cost a lot more per hour played.
    Plus, It offers advancement of one single character thru years, not until game is finished.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    I voted no because it's an MMORPG.
    MMORPGs are not single player games.
    Every MMO has a lot more single player content than group content.
    Ofc, if you login for raids only, you will see only group part of it.
    And since raiders are tiny minority in every MMO, it obvious that vast majority of players enjoy single player component much more.

Sticking to definitions of game gentres isnt viable anymore, games are mix of lot of gentres these days.