Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see...

WoW - Druid/Hunter
    SWtOR - Bounty Hunter
    D&D - Always Rogue
    Darkest Dungeon - The guys reserved for me are Bounty Hunter/Graverobber. For those that don't know, they're focused on positioning and stuns.
    DA:O - Mostly Mage

And in everything else I tend to favor range (weapons or magic) and stealth.

I guess the one thing they have in common is versatility. Whether it's through pets, CC, positioning or just a varied kit, I like having the tools to be able to handle any situation thrown at me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle mage/spellswords in wow enh shaman anything with a smash you in the face while shooting yiu with magic styke works.

While not all of the RPGs I've played have been class based - I generally gravitate toward a single playstyle which may as well be a class.

WoW - Warrior
    Diablo 3 - Barbarian
    RIFT - Warrior (I liked the Champion soul but it never felt spectacular.)
    GW2 - Warrior

Across the board I'm generally playing your generic warrior class. I'm still waiting for that perfect and satisfying blend of melee and spells from a battle mage/spellsword kind of class though. I really love the aesthetics, fantasy, and 'ideal playstyle' of that archetype. Paladin just doesn't fit the bill in the department for me. Enhancement Shaman in WoW is probably about as close as I've come.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I go for agile classes, either the ranged physical (Hunters/rangers) or dual wield melee who wear leather (assassins/rogues).
    I also enjoy spellcasters as long it isn't purely offensive.

Beefy frontline support classes a la paladin (proper paladin). I don't care much about doing tons of damage, damage is lame.

Barring that, I'm split pretty evenly between standard tank or healer archetype, either is rad.

10+ Year Old Account
    i usually pick either a warrior type unless it's a mmo in which case i usually pick a casting class.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Paladin or Archer/Ranger type characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Beefy frontline support classes a la paladin (proper paladin). I don't care much about doing tons of damage, damage is lame.

Barring that, I'm split pretty evenly between standard tank or healer archetype, either is rad.
    Loved the Warrior Priest in Warhammer Online, was great healing teammates by bashing people with a hammer.
    Last edited by Zergy; 2015-02-28 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergy View Post
    Loved the Warrior Priest in Warhammer Online, was great healing teammates by bashing people with a hammer.
    Had an absolute blast playing that class. Granted, they were legitimately broke as a joke (them and bright mages...holy hell) for a while, but the concept of the class was fantastically attractive to me and one of the primary reasons that was the first character I rolled : P

Stealth/Sniper/Assassin/Thief/Rogue every time, all day.

In MMOs, DPS for leveling, Healing for end-game for faster queues and therefore gearing. I like Melee fighters, but the class aesthetic is really what draws me along with how fun the class is to actually play.

For single player games, usually the Thief/ Assassin.

I like paladiny types in single player games, support in multi-player games.

In more group oriented settings I generally go for the healer. In more solo content I usually go for the rogue/thief type. I wish those would be combined more often.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    Either an armor-clad juggernaut or a caster. Usually melee though.

The strength-based fighter who goes in face first and doesn't give a shit. If I get to go as far as choosing specs, I want to play the raging berserker type who focuses more on hacking his enemies to pieces than tanking for others. The one with the "30 bad guys vs me? WOOOOO HAPPY FUN TIME " attitude.

So Fury Warrior in WoW, Slayer/Barbarian in D&D, and so on. Dual wielding is usually my favorite way to play.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-02-28 at 04:28 PM.

If my avatar/name isn't a big enough hint: the Rogue archetype.

The thing is I'm a huge altoholic, so I eventually get to all of the classes .

Generally speaking I like agility-based melee or bow classes the most.

My ideal class is a ranged mage of sorts, with plenty of stealth. As far as elements go I love water mages the most like spellsingers in L2. I don't mind being a glass cannon as long as I have stealth and mobility to make up for it.

Out of the current games mesmer in GW2 is the closest I can get to my ideal. In WoW I compromise for rogue for example.

I usually go for the two handed melee class when ever the option is there, I also like stealth/archer characters also.

It's a pretty even split between the necro type class and the holy support type. I like the unique idea of sacrificing for the greater rewards or focusing on diminishing the oponent. Pets attached to a mage (demons or skeletons) is also a big plus for me.

In WoW, I mostly played my lock, paly, and priest. GW2, I played the guardian mostly with some necro on the side. D3, I currently play sader and WD.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wizard /w cute pet. Failing that, ForeverAloneWizard.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Zergy View Post
    Quite literally my favorite thing about Warhammer Online. Wasn't enough to keep me subbed but I'm desperate for some other MMO to replicate that playstyle.