Looking for a new MMO

Through-out the ages of my life i have destroyed evil and clashed with the Gods in the Realm of RuneScape. Now that time has past and the game is no longer of interest to me(iv'e been playing since 2001); I am looking for a new MMO (Massive Multi-Player Online) game. Here is a list of what i am looking for:

• Medieval / Roman / ancient times
    • Competitive
    • Guilds
    • Community
    • Doesn't have to be an MMO-RPG
    • Female friendly (hopefully my friends will also enjoy the game)
    • Doesn't need to be F2P
    • NEW

About me: I am 21 years old, I am a programmer, I like listening to Pandora while playing my games, I am easily intimidated, I obsess over things really easily, and i am a moderator on RuneScape.

List of games i like:
    • Command & Conquer: Tiberium wars (PC & Xbox360)
    • Rome: Total War i & ii (PC)
    • Diablo i (PC)
    • RuneScape (pc)
    • WarRock (pc)
    • Call of Duty 3 (PlayStation ii)
    • Call of duty 4 (Xbox360 and PlayStation iii)
    • Forza (360)

Also, if you name a game that i turn out to enjoy, i will more than happily join your guild; Unless, you're a newb.
    Last edited by Lynxillious; 2015-02-28 at 08:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    City of Heroes

Server - United Dead

Guild- 4 Fantastic Retcons
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    City of Heroes

Server - United Dead

Guild- 4 Fantastic Retcons
    I forbid you from posting any more games on this thread. Those are not what i am looking for.

Consider rift. Free to play with a shop thats OK.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Try TERA, I heard it's pretty fun but a bit dated if you ask me.

Final Fantasy XIV might be right up your alley. It is basically everything you're asking for. I stopped playing because I missed warcraft's faster play style and mods.

ArcheAge is a new game you might want to play up to level 40ish, but for the love of Gaben, please don't give them any of your money before you understand it's a purely pay-to-win game in every sense.

Quote Originally Posted by sophos1 View Post
    Try TERA, I heard it's pretty fun but a bit dated if you ask me.

Final Fantasy XIV might be right up your alley. It is basically everything you're asking for. I stopped playing because I missed warcraft's faster play style and mods.

ArcheAge is a new game you might want to play up to level 40ish, but for the love of Gaben, please don't give them any of your money before you understand it's a purely pay-to-win game in every sense.
    Thank you i am about to check out final fantasy, Pay to win isn't an issue. I spend $300 a month on runescape alone.
    Wow i just realized ArchAge is $15 a month. That is a tremendous amount of money to request from members, i was expecting about $8 or something. I'll check out the game, but i just emailed the company with my opinions on the pricing. I won't be buying membership unless the price lowers to $8
    Last edited by Lynxillious; 2015-02-28 at 11:14 AM.

Go with Guild Wars 2. It's pretty great. After you play it a while, combat systems like WoW feel so outdated.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Deleted
    For once there seems to be no big new mmos on the horizon. Am I wrong?

GW2 has its first major expansion coming. Other than that, I guess Star Citizen is working its way through. EQ-Next seems to have died.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynxillious View Post
    I forbid you from posting any more games on this thread. Those are not what i am looking for.
    You sure told him. You were a pretty shitty moderator if your first thought wasn't to check the stickies at the top.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Vindictus, Swtor and GW2 are my 3 favorites after WoW

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Thank you i am about to check out final fantasy, Pay to win isn't an issue. I spend $300 a month on runescape alone.
    Wow i just realized ArchAge is $15 a month. That is a tremendous amount of money to request from members, i was expecting about $8 or something. I'll check out the game, but i just emailed the company with my opinions on the pricing. I won't be buying membership unless the price lowers to $8
    Spends $300 a month on runescape, complains about $15 a month on archage.

Dat logic.

Rift is a pretty good WoW clone. Played it back when it was still P2P, and there were quite a few things that were better than WoW, tbh. Like how it allowed you to have more than two talent specs. Its transmog system also works better; instead of transmogging a piece of gear, you just have a "transmog set" that always appears on you, no matter what you have equipped.

But all in all, it's a pretty blatant WoW clone. Not bad, just WoW with slight changes here and there, and a different world.

Lord of the Rings Online, Guild Wars 2 and especially Final Fantasy 14 would seem to fit what you want, OP.

Edit: And of course, World of Warcraft if you have no actual aversion to the game/franchise. It is a superbly made MMORPG.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-02-28 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Spends $300 a month on runescape, complains about $15 a month on archage.

Dat logic.
    Lmao i know right! It almost seems like trolling.

lol nice attitude schmuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    ESO, going B2P next month though considering it's got a free month of a game time with the box it already is B2P. Definitely a medieval setting, decent amount of competition when it comes to raiding or doing the arenas, also the PvP. You can be in 5 guilds at a time, community is about average size for MMO's at this point possibly up to a million, not sure what you mean by female friendly though, it's an MMO......
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Suggest-a-Game!

Please use the existing megathread for game requests/suggestions.