New talent idea, for replacing cloak and dagger.

I know some people like cloak and dagger for funsies, leveling.

However the majority of rogues even in pve do not use CND over shadowstep or bos.

I believe the number 1 used talent for pve is Step while pvp the most used is Bos closely followed by step/situational.

Cloak and dagger was buffed to a 40 yard range. It is a 40 yard blink from stealth using any stealth spell (Cheap Shot, garrote, ambush) Exceptions: Sap, distract.

It can be useful because that is nearly double the range of shadowstep and its not impossibly to get resets. However step is superior for teleport because its a short cooldown that does not require the stealth stance.

Personally I love the thought behind cloak and dagger and the fact that its completely passive freeing up a bind however when it was released it was made with sub in mind so that you could teleport during any action you would use during a shadow dance other than sap and this was too strong for pvp.

So, CND without a doubt is our least used most useless mobility lv 60 tier talent and I think it should be replaced with another passive.

Assassin's Step.Passive. Your Combo Builders, openers and finishing moves are usable from 5 yards away up from melee range and you gain a stacking movement speed buff at random just by running. Stacks up to 4 times each stack increases movement speed by 15%.

You can be slowed and rooted but you will not lose stacks once you reach 4 stacks it falls off after 15 seconds with an internal cooldown so it can not proc too often.

Essentially a stacking passive sprint and glyph of ambush but applies to all hostile actions.

Cloak and Dagger is fine the way it is, but could receive a buff to make it better when you're in combat for long periods (i.e. raid bosses). A passive +15% movement speed increase sounds reasonable, but that's it.

I just dont like having talents I would never use.

I never use anticipation/shuriken toss(since it was nerfed)/Deadly throw/ Nerve Strike (after it was nerfed against players)/Cloak and dagger or shadowstep because there are too many slows in the game its a must for pvp (burst of speed)and useful when running old raids.

or leeching poison because its total crap and if you use it you cannot also use crippling poison at least in mop with the set bonus you could.

Cheat death is also useless compared to Feint for pvp even world pvp unless you have 2 healers with you.

- - - Updated - - -

I usually run with

Shadow Focus
    Combat Readiness
    Elusiveness
    Burst of Speed
    Prey on the weak
    Marked for Death
    Venom Rush

I never change talents. In mop I would swap between, Dirty ticks/Prey/Paralytic Often but that was it.

I don't think many people use healing specs to kill mobs while leveling either. Does that mean healing specs should be replaced? Talents are just another form of specialization. As are glyphs and gear. You looked at talents from a PvP perspective now, but you need to look at all environments. PvP, Raids, CMs, questing, and so on. CnD is incredibly strong for outdoor activities like questing and leveling.