getting back to the game for S2 - which class for solo play

hi guys - I was always rather ultra casual D3 player, kinda play for 2 weeks, stop for 6 months.

I have skipped S1 but now I'm feeling like giving S2 a try. I'm assuming I'll be playing mostly solo but I would like to eventually get to the point where I can progress in T1-6 difficulties (I never got past T1 with gear I had)

my question is - which class would you recommend? I know the standard answer to play whichever class works for me, but I'm looking for a feedback which class is rather strong now and works with my solo playstyle. This I think also means no really gimmicky classes that only start to shine with a specific set pieces. I don't have any preferences, got all non seasonal 70lvl chars, just looking for something that will let me kill things fast without me being dead too often - so what would you guys suggest for S2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much all classes start to only really shine with specific sets. Having said that, I'd say Monk is really strong now. Exploding Palm/Wave of Light lightning build to start.

Protos?

Perhaps Zerg

You can solo T6 on any class, but like Cairhiin said, you will need set pieces and/or other specific legendaries on all of them.
    You may want to stay away from the crusader, as he not only needs a full set, but also specific weapon and shield to really manage to play his style, while other classes only need a set, which is easier to obtain than weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    You can solo T6 on any class, but like Cairhiin said, you will need set pieces and/or other specific legendaries on all of them.
    You may want to stay away from the crusader, as he not only needs a full set, but also specific weapon and shield to really manage to play his style, while other classes only need a set, which is easier to obtain than weapons.
    yeah - what I meant is on which class the journey to T6 is the least painful

Deleted
    I would go for a monk. They are really strong right now. They can dish out decent damage and still feels so tanky.

thanks guys I read up a bit on this and I'll be going monk.
    one thing to ask which will come of use at 70lvl - which stat combos should I go for on my gear? I might have missed that but I haven't seen a list with preferred ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Barbarian with the raekor set, amazing for speed farming t6 rifts/bounties using warzechian bracers + sprint + chilanik's chain , and amazing as well to attempt really high gr's.

Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    thanks guys I read up a bit on this and I'll be going monk.
    one thing to ask which will come of use at 70lvl - which stat combos should I go for on my gear? I might have missed that but I haven't seen a list with preferred ones.
    It depends on your build but it's usually cut and dry: Dex - AR (900 to start, more if you need it, depends on the person) - Crit/Crit Damage/*insert elemental damage here*
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.