Interrupting right

Hi,

it might be a noob question but it's a problem I' really trying to solve.
    In short: I suck on interrupts - or better described - I suck on interrupting the right trashmob in a crowded pull of 5+ trashmobs.
    My problem is - in CMs and some bossfights - it's really necessary to interrupt specific trashmobs or adds.
    These are the things I tried:

1. Tabtargeting to the specific mob: well it tooks to long ...
    2. Mouseovermacro with interrupt and clicking the healthbar of the specific mob => well try to do that, if you have 10 healthbars shifting at once - sometimes you have luck - but very often you are clicking the wrong target
    3. focustarget the specific mob and focusmacro-interrupt if its casting => nice if it's only one target you have to interrupt

Does anybody have some tipps to improve my interrupting skills?

/tar (Mob you want to interuppt)
    /cast Interuppt

or
    /focus ( mob)
    /stopcasting ( if needed)
    /cast [@focus] Interuppt

This is gonna sound stupid but you do have castbars turned on, right?

The biggest improvement in my interrupting came when I mousebound my interrupt to a spare mouse button (My mouse has a couple of extra buttons on the side, some have plenty).

Other than that, "skill" in clicking the correct health bar when the time comes or at worst, targetting them in advance of the cast (bad if its not the target you should be DPSing, probs not a concern so much in CM).

Having targetting macros in advance could work if you know preceisly which mobs you want to interrupt before you start the run, but I'm guessing there could be more than1 type so that could get clunky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

It could be worse. It could be a few years ago when there was no indication in the UI what could be interrupted or how you could interrupt it, and yet, encounters were designed around interrupting.

yea target macros seem to be the best tipp - it safes the most time

Other than that, "skill" in clicking the correct health bar when the time comes
    yeah thats my problem if I have a bunch of for example 10 castbars (after dk massgrips them alltogether)

Turn on your mob nameplates and castbars, it becomes really obvious which mob is the one doing the casting.

Yes the target macros should solve your problem.

Look for the casters and focus on them, that's generally enough. If there's more than one to interrupt, you just focus on the one that needs interrupted the most, and let someone else deal with the other.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    This is gonna sound stupid but you do have castbars turned on, right?
    that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

You interrupt in the middle of the cast right? Sorry I have a problem interrupting myself.