Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    What work? Quest until you get an upgrade?
    That is outdated 5 minutes later you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Hate being that guy to say this, but you don't need to use heirlooms if you want to gear the old fashioned way. I've leveled characters since Wrath and Cata that didn't have heirlooms and it went fine.
    The only question is whether you want to be OP or super OP while leveling to 90. If the latter, heirlooms. If the former, green gear is fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Walter- View Post
    Would rather all looms be removed and gear while leveling actually mean something again. Like farming the defias gear in TBC.
    Only if they make it possible to transmog armour slots as an option so you don't need to visit the transmog npc every single time you get an upgrade, it's bad enough not having gloves/belt/boots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    I think Blizzard clearly said that they don't want for players to replace every item with heirlooms
    They also said they wouldn't nerf the healing trinket, yet less than 24 hours later it was gutted in half.

Blizzard tend to change their mind a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora Twinblade View Post
    Only if they make it possible to transmog armour slots as an option so you don't need to visit the transmog npc every single time you get an upgrade, it's bad enough not having gloves/belt/boots.
    See, that could work. And I think I may have to make a new thread topic to explain how

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    What work? Quest until you get an upgrade?
    Yes? Sorta part of this whole wobbly RPG thing we play. We don't even need the heirlooms, just there for convenience. I don't think it is the right way to keep rewarding people with heirlooms yet they keep complaining about the actual reason for them, leveling. There's more than enough looms now to carry your behind to level 100 - yet I see other threads where people then stand up and whimper about the enchants missing on the system. I am the kind of person who thinks the foot should be on the floor soon, else coming next, people would be whimpering about lack of 'booster' items such as the 300% XP potion which now can drop from any Draenor rare and treasure, or the potion at your Garrison, for 20% XP more.

Blizzard is gently tapping you forward with a pat, go on now, the world isn't dangerous, we've given you a good headstart. Don't worry, let the chauffeur take you around till lvl 40, or you can press this big button and you'll be instantly 90, for a fee. Still look dangerous? Don't worry, you can't really die unless you AFK, don't pay attention or fall *pats shoulder*
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    All I'd say to this is; sure more looms.. But don't make them so op. With the stats they give + enchants PvP and other activities can be rather ridiculous, surely others see that too
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    Myself, yes, I have always wanted to be a mod
    Probably not, the job sucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yes? Sorta part of this whole wobbly RPG thing we play. We don't even need the heirlooms, just there for convenience. I don't think it is the right way to keep rewarding people with heirlooms yet they keep complaining about the actual reason for them, leveling. There's more than enough looms now to carry your behind to level 100 - yet I see other threads where people then stand up and whimper about the enchants missing on the system. I am the kind of person who thinks the foot should be on the floor soon, else coming next, people would be whimpering about lack of 'booster' items such as the 300% XP potion which now can drop from any Draenor rare and treasure, or the potion at your Garrison, for 20% XP more.
    Please tell me more about the whole RPG thing, while I take a SELFIE and put it on Twitter from my Garrison riding a mount I just bought with real money (I'm not even using the shop it's mostly just mentioned to remind you of it) and then boost my next character to 90 using real money also. RPG as an argument against anything is incredibly weak since we have the store and a bunch of services and things such as the SELFIE camera.

Blizzard is gently tapping you forward with a pat, go on now, the world isn't dangerous, we've given you a good headstart. Don't worry, let the chauffeur take you around till lvl 40, or you can press this big button and you'll be instantly 90, for a fee. Still look dangerous? Don't worry, you can't really die unless you AFK, don't pay attention or fall *pats shoulder*
    You're really barking up the wrong tree here. I've leveled every single last class to 90, before that to 85 and 80 respectively and I had a good ammount of characters during 70 also (never leveled a hunter or shaman tho). And yet I'd still love to complete my collection. Because at this point, where's the harm in it? RPG went out of the window and leveling isn't an argument anymore either since you can just buy it at the store.

As for items, seeing how the item squish affected the pre WoD content you quite often end up with things that don't die anything for entire expansions and merely just develop stats sideways at best which might be okay since you level extremly fast through the pre Cata/MoP content anyway so you barely notice at all. So any gear aquired throughout that phase doesn't last long and most of the time doesn't have any meaning anyway.

Gear starts having meaning once you hit the max content and even then 620/630 is thrown at you till you scream stop.