Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Blood Death Knight CM gearing advice

Hello everyone,

so, me and my guild friends are doing challenge modes. We are not aiming for realm firsts or so, we just want the golds. Our setup is : BrmMonk, DPriest, mage, warlock, warrior (with me being the tank). Sadly we only get together 1 time per week or two, so you can imagine it's quite slow. So far we were able to achieve 1/8 gold, rest on silver. The first gold being Bloodmaul Slag Mines.

As a second gold we were doing Auchindoun, sadly we weren't able to complete it. It was always very close, but we didn't do it. Thus, I decided to reroll Death Knight for the rest of cm's. I know rerolling isn't always the answer, but we could really use the massgrip + extra survival cd's Death Knights have (and I enjoy playing dk a bit more than monk, I always have).

The thing is, I spent about week on gearing my dk, doing dungeons nonstop. And I wasn't able to get multistrike/mastery gear almost at all. I got bunch of haste/multistrike and crit/mastery or crit/multistrike, but except the few pieces I bought off AH, no mastery/multistrike.

The question is, should I equip multistrike/haste gear over mastery/crit, if I can't get my hand on mastery/multistrike? I know multistrike is the best stat along with mastery, and haste is the lowest at the moment. so I'm really really not sure.

I'm also a little lost about the trinkets. Which ones should I take for CM? Both offensive and deffensive variations. (but since we are not going for realms firsts, I'd prefer defensive options).

My armory: I can't post links yet sadly, my armory is Halannia at Drak'thul EU

Thank you!!

Sorry for my english, I hope I make sense
    Last edited by mmoc0c7d3b21bb; 2015-02-28 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    A mix of Offensive with some Bonus armor items that also give multistrike, try to get Evergaze arcane eidolon (spellcheck) It drops from last boss HM, duo that up with the on use MS trinket from twins. I tanked it in full unholy gear with them trinkets as our stat prio's are relatively similar, ultimately you want to pump out the deeps and kill packs asap, hence mitigating damage by being offensive, rotate the CD's properly and roll with a good strong DPS setup, you'll find yourself topping some of the DPS on the meters! Just watch, as you may be slightly floppy but you'll get used to it!

Deleted
    Hi there,

6x 8/8 gold, Multiple realms best times + CM gold booster here. I think I play a quite good dk, I don't require much healing from my healer on bosses often pushing 20-30k hps on bosses while my healer fully dpses the entire fight.

I play all classes in CM but I main tank roles. As a DK multistrike is the most important stat because it gives you: additional healing, additional runic power and extra dmg.
    Therefore multistrike is your main stat, secondary is mastery (so always go for a multistrike item no matter what). additional tips: don't be afraid to use cooldowns, army on big pulls, and never look at your death strike stacks just press the button to stay alive! Should you have any questions feel free to ask them to me, I play all classes in CM so I know everything about stat prio, talents etc etc.

Kind regards,

Svulz

Deleted
    Hi Lemu, Sadly I can't PM you since I didn't make enough posts yet but heres my reply to your question!

Just press deathstrike to stay alive! never overcap healing, so never deathstrike when you are full hp, if you are full hp press bloodboil if you are around 80% or less press death strike. I always tell my dps: dead dps = no dps, this counts for the tank aswell dead tank = no dps.

good luck!

Semi hi-jacking this thread.
    Since playerbase is still rather low with cm's, im curious how pugfriendly full gold is?
    I did couple of chars as tank in MoP full gold, earliest was just a week or so after ToT came out.
    If i managed fairly decent at somewhat early MoP, would i manage rather OK at this stage of wod?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Since playerbase is still rather low with cm's, im curious how pugfriendly full gold is?
    I did couple of chars as tank in MoP full gold, earliest was just a week or so after ToT came out.
    If i managed fairly decent at somewhat early MoP, would i manage rather OK at this stage of wod?
    Tbh Sunny, I would highly advise against pugging WOD cms at this stage. While the cms are not particularly harder per se they are definitely tuned quite a bit tighter in terms of time requirements in the dungeons. I would wait until better strats are developed/become more accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanderpanda View Post
    Tbh Sunny, I would highly advise against pugging WOD cms at this stage. While the cms are not particularly harder per se they are definitely tuned quite a bit tighter in terms of time requirements in the dungeons. I would wait until better strats are developed/become more accessible.
    Well, that sucks.. want dem achiev points!
    Guess il just have to wait or cough up the gold then i guess;(
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Well, that sucks.. want dem achiev points!
    Guess il just have to wait or cough up the gold then i guess;(
    Same here, even tho i have like 5-6 chars with MoP Cm's done, and since im not in a guild right now, and i really cba to deal with pugs i prefer to cough up the gold to get it..
    But daaaaaaaauym that polearm looks hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

7+ Year Old Account
    These CM's are very group comp dependent compared to the ones from MoP. If you have the patience to form a group that has your bases covered. You can get them done in a few days with PuGs.

Make a post on the official forums group finder page and fill up your battle tag. You'll have them done within a few days.

I play a Blood Knight, found that having a frost mage and a Resto Druid made every challenge mode Trivial.
    Spell steal/Dark Sim/Typhoon& Vortex were great ways to cheese just about anything.

For example:

Everbloom, stealing Brample Patch off the second boss can shorten the encounter in half.

Keeping some casters alive before final boss in slag mines to steal their channeled flame made that boss drop in a second.

Stealing Fel blast or any DoT in Auchindoon made the entire place a joke (having a warlock to enslave an imp was nice too)

Having the Mage spell steal the alchemists heals in UBRS was nice.

Typhoon/vortex & gorefiends on the mobs by the cannon fire in iron docks was easy too they got mowed right now.

Typhooning mobs off the train on the second boss in Grimrail was nice as well.

Armying the bird pull before the 3rd boss in Skyreach made the hardest pull in challenge modes a joke.
    Also spell stealing flash bomb off the birds made the pulls negligable too. CMs aren't too bad if you know what to look for.
    Babyjace on youtube puts out some good guides for basic golds. After that you can figure out where more exploits are (usually requires a lock/Monk/Rogue to get some really good ones)
    There's a bunch really but those are the few that come to mind. The short of it being that having an Army, a DarkSim, a knock back and spell steal are all very handy in this batch of CMs.
    Last edited by dixincide; 2015-03-03 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    These CM's are very group comp dependent compared to the ones from MoP. If you have the patience to form a group that has your bases covered. You can get them done in a few days with PuGs.

Make a post on the official forums group finder page and fill up your battle tag. You'll have them done within a few days.
    Im sure Ret is "pretty popular" option for CM;s....
    jk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

7+ Year Old Account
    Here's how to do the harder everbloom jump too. If you've got someone in your group that has to rely on a two seater mount.

They fixed the everbloom jumps unfortunately :\

Anyhow, I did 8/8gold CMs on my dk Prioritizing multistrike, but you need to understand that multistrike DOES NOT benefit your surviability hardly at all. Its strictly for dps and smooths out your rotation a bit. Personally dk's are strong enough tanks to roll with the multistrike build and have good survability cuz of our awesome cds. And in my opinion, dk is probably the strongest tank for cm's. You should rock gorefriends grasp and have your dps and heals worry about the aoe stuns, and do Dark Sim whenever possible.

In Auchindoun you can spell steal almost everything, and if you manage to take the dots off of terengor or the second boss you will end up topping the charts. Just make sure to roll your cds properly for your big pulls and you will be just fine. You could go defile or mark of sindragosa. If you can manage to keep sindy up for over a minute you should easily be able to maintain a 30k dps. CM's in general just require alot of group communication so if you are talking with your heals and calling out for cds and interupts you should be just fine. Make sure to chain pull and to only stop when your healer needs mana or if you want to prepot on trash (which is something you should really consider if you are missing gold timers by just a couple seconds).

As for those thinking of pugging them, I would really advise against it. CMs definitely require alot of class knowledge and the ability to react quickly, so its not too fun if you don't know how your group members are going to respond to sudden changes. It's certainly doable but could be alot more painful than it needs to be. If anything I would set up a group on the forums and talk about doing it together before listing up in the group finder hoping to grab some golds.

Hope this helps and GL, and btw I do think Auchindoun and Bloodmaul are good starter cms, maybe try grimrail after that!
    Twitch Twitter Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    PUG pug, i wouldn't do it. Openraid pug, very possible. Took me two~three weeks of leading groups to get 8/8 with zero FL contacts or guild (after taking a break and a faction switch). So 100% strangers I've never played with, but thanks to Openraid I could seperate the promising applicants from the trash tier looking to get lucky with free carries.

@Buying carries:
    Why is everyone supporting this cm gold carry shit? I just don't get it. Why can it be hard to find good groups at times? Because everyone who's in the same situation as you - looking for capable mates - is buying the carries. Makes literally zero sense.
    Rant over.

MS is pretty dominant as far as stats go in CMs. After that mastery and crit are both very good (mastery being the defensive choice and crit being the offensive one). Bonus Armor obviously is king in the slots you can get it in.

As far as trinkets, the absolute bis ones are Scabbard of Kyanos and Evergaze Arcane Eidolon, but scabbard costs a lot so alchemy trinket, Tablet from hanz/franz, elekk statue, or the blackhand trinket (the dps one not the stupid stamina one) are all good substitutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most if not all the Conquest gear from the PvP vendor is itemized for mastery & multistrike, if your faction have no problem winning events all the time you can get gear up pretty quick.

7+ Year Old Account
    I liked the 2 handed mace from the first boss in UBRS when I went through these. The Proc was some added AoE damage and lowered their stats (granted a marginal amount) but when theres 30+ mobs on you that tiny reduction per character really adds up.

I went for full bonus armor/multistrike/mastery(or crit if you prefer to drop the defensive part of mastery and go for more dps). Tried to get as many items as I could from heroics since I don't raid or PvP and filled the rest with crafted items and world boss drops.
    I'm not a theory crafter but this is what is recommended a lot.

Funny thing is that with the new bonus satchels (6.1) you get from random heroics as a tank you apparently can get ilvl 630 items with only multistrike as secondary stat. I got a bracer with only multistrike the other day. So you can probably get a whole set with only multistrike. I have no clue if that would be any good though :P.

Like dixincide said, dark sim is awesome. You should take a look at the dark sim thread. In Auchindoun you can dark sim several DoTs which do huge damage for example.

Quote Originally Posted by svulz View Post
    Hi there,

6x 8/8 gold, Multiple realms best times + CM gold booster here. I think I play a quite good dk, I don't require much healing from my healer on bosses often pushing 20-30k hps on bosses while my healer fully dpses the entire fight.

I play all classes in CM but I main tank roles. As a DK multistrike is the most important stat because it gives you: additional healing, additional runic power and extra dmg.
    Therefore multistrike is your main stat, secondary is mastery (so always go for a multistrike item no matter what). additional tips: don't be afraid to use cooldowns, army on big pulls, and never look at your death strike stacks just press the button to stay alive! Should you have any questions feel free to ask them to me, I play all classes in CM so I know everything about stat prio, talents etc etc.

Kind regards,

Svulz
    Your heals don't multistrike.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2015-03-04 at 02:58 PM.

I'm full bonus armor > multistrike > mastery now (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Ridder/simple).

I'm curious what my dps and survivability will be like if I drop all my mastery for multistrike. I had the bracers with only MS and yesterday I got this ilvl 630 chest with 223 MS.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2015-03-30 at 09:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I'm full bonus armor > multistrike > mastery now (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Ridder/simple).

I'm curious what my dps and survivability will be like if I drop all my mastery for multistrike. I had the bracers with only MS and yesterday I got this ilvl 630 chest with 223 MS.
    Your trinkets seem really weak, not at all a fan of the static stuff for CMs. I'm gearing my own DK for some boost runs an opted for ms/crit build with only EAE missing at this point. Scabbard was the other obvious choice though the alchemy stone and the bronzed elekk statue (blue world drop) are both solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    Your trinkets seem really weak, not at all a fan of the static stuff for CMs. I'm gearing my own DK for some boost runs an opted for ms/crit build with only EAE missing at this point. Scabbard was the other obvious choice though the alchemy stone and the bronzed elekk statue (blue world drop) are both solid.
    I'm running CMs with a casual group of friends and we are not going for fast times but only for gold. Scabbard is good for huge pulls and static trinkets are probably better for a lot of small pulls. So, I don't feel like dropping 20-40k gold on a trinket :P. I'm just getting all this gear for the fun of it btw, if I would go for realm best times I would buy scabbard and get a trinket with a proc or whatever is best.