Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    and what makes you (and is supposed to make *us*) believe that you know any better? Your post isn't helping at all.
    The overly rudimentary description of your sims and the pretty clear failure to understand 1) how they should be used and 2) actually just simming the right things.

It doesn't take an expert.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Menubrea View Post
    If you think there's any flaws with methods used you could be helpful and provide insight instead of coming off as condescending, and providing nothing of use at all.
    That is a complete waste of time on my end and your end, since you've got Azortharion spoonfeeding you the information with the correct methodologies used through the guide.

Deleted
    Azortharion stat weigths change like every day
    This very same thread has someone saying "Azor's real world testing sims haste higher than mastery" and you saying "Azor's real world testing has mastery sim as highest"

In the end you didn't help at all, so you might as well shut up.
    I don't gain anything by following the guide's stat weights, because they change with equipment

Heck, enchants and gems are enough to change stat weights by 0,05 while using the same fight-settings
    "Sim your own character" is what everyone tells you to do, no ones cares to explain how to do it properly even after "we did it wrong". You are ridiculous.
    Don't be an asshole, accept the fact that your post was freaking useless and try to explain yourself so we can seperate you from the "da guides say I've to do dis"- crowd
    Following instructions and understanding them are 2 different things.

And then there is the fact that progression is different for every guild...which will change target priorities or even goals.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-03-01 at 03:08 PM.

Deleted
    The stat weights have changed twice since 6.1 came out, one of those changes being on like the day after that release. 'Every day' is a ludicrous overexaggeration.

Your first misinterpretation is that stat weights change with equipment. No, not really. Stat weights change with the spec and the instance in question. Any influence that gear might genuinely have is practically non-existent, as is a stat weight change of 0.05 (except, you know, that's margin-of-error changes, further proving that you know jack about what you are talking about).

The guide has a guide on simming your own character and figuring out upgrades in the FAQ section. Maybe you really should read it some more.

If you wanna understand instructions, ask instead of looking obtuse to the rest of the community and misleading them with the notion that you know what you are talking about.

Because that, is painfully wrong. So is your tidbit about progression being different for every guild. What a load of bull. All guilds are fighting the same bosses and employing pretty much the same strategy (not that there is much space for variation, anyway, and certainly zero that would impact stat decisions).

Deleted
    The guide has a guide on simming your own character and figuring out upgrades in the FAQ section. Maybe you really should read it some more.
    The one that basically says "import and simulate". Wow..

Your first misinterpretation is that stat weights change with equipment. No, not really. Stat weights change with the spec and the instance in question. Any influence that gear might genuinely have is practically non-existent, as is a stat weight change of 0.05 (except, you know, that's margin-of-error changes, further proving that you know jack about what you are talking about).
    What I know is that I run the deeps I'm simming and that I'm running in the 90th+ percentile in my bracket, can't be that bad then.
    Why does it change that much (0,05 is 10%... if these are margin-of-error changes then what are sims even good for) after re-gemming/enchanting? Patchwerk setting - 450s fightlength - Elite - 100 latency, what else do I have to adjust?
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-03-01 at 04:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    The one that basically says "import and simulate". Wow..

What I know is that I run the deeps I'm simming and that I'm running in the 90th+ percentile in my bracket, can't be that bad then.
    Why does it change that much (0,05 is 10%... if these are margin-of-error changes then what are sims even good for) after re-gemming/enchanting? Patchwerk setting - 450s fightlength - Elite - 100 latency, what else do I have to adjust?
    Yeah, that part, except the other steps detailing the rest. My god you are obtuse:

And wow, you must be like, some real champion at the game, performing in the top 10% of people when only 2 guilds have completed progression and most of the top 30 of guilds are not even releasing logs publicly.

Start with applying your brain.
    What BRF fight is 450s long on average and is single target? None.
    Does the default APL in any way reflect how you play? No. Certainly not if you're anything above 80th percentile.

+ A million other disprecancies that completely jeopardize the wrong sims you and many others in this thread are running.

Deleted
    What are you trying to say?

It doesn't/shouldn't matter whether the fight is 3 minutes or 20 minutes long, as long as I don't change it between 2 simulations.
    The same goes for the APL, it has to be changed once and that's it. It doesn't change just because I gem mastery now instead of multistrike.

And wow, you must be like, some real champion at the game
    That's totally not what I was getting at but yeah, sure I am.
    I have most of WotLK server first titles as well, fuck me - I'm awesome

Obvious fact aside, I still don't see why stat weights shouldn't change with different gear. It'd be like the first game ever for me where stats don't interact with each other.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2015-03-01 at 05:43 PM.