Awkward Stages of Unholy

Hey guys, girls, has anyone else felt that sometimes playing unholy you get to a certain point where you have your NP going you have your DT ticking everything is going good and then you just hit this wall. I find this wall happens mostly on iron maidens. I find that all of a sudden I lose track of everything and it takes me 20-30 seconds to get everything back where it should be. Even on other fights I just tend to find myself in a lull.

One of the biggest issues I face on a daily basis is trying to keep NP up so UB will be off CD and can build up NP fast. Seems like im dumping so many runes into festering. More so than i should. If anyone has an easier way to manage this please let me know.

Unholy does have a lot to focus on at once, best advice is just get used to the rotation and it will become easy on you. I see the spec, even with Necroblight, as a very smooth playing easy spec, however I know people switching to it or not used to it can find it very intimidating.

Skull's weakaura that Phosphate linked will def help with NP tracking, it counts how many FS's you need to do to match up the CD of NP, so it's very handy in making that math a non issue. I think your problem probably comes from things all lining up at once, as it can easily happen where say NP is falling off, trying to reapply that, manage your ghoul, stay out of fire, pop off utility, it's a lot to manage. Just keep at it and once things fall into a nice groove for you it shouldn't feel too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Phosphate View Post
    And I have to admit, Maidens is a long, laborious fight. It's so easy to go into a daze if you aren't on the boat, I find. You aren't alone in that, my friend
    What sucks with maidens is when your raid doesn't quite have the dps to only have two boat phases so there's the third boat phase where you're standing around dancing and not doing anything so you don't start 20% too early.

Quote Originally Posted by bungie View Post
    What sucks with maidens is when your raid doesn't quite have the dps to only have two boat phases so there's the third boat phase where you're standing around dancing and not doing anything so you don't start 20% too early.
    Yeah thats the biggest issue my team is having atm we have the dps for the fight but not to get two boat phases and i find myself looking at the bombs moreso than anything and i cant remember where i am in my rotation lol.

Do you guys try to re-sync your runes on Iron Maidens... i.e. you use a blood rune for BB to spread diseases... then you have an idle frost rune waiting for that blood rune to transform to a death rune then back to a blood rune so you can FS . I've been using the converted blood_death rune with the idle frost rune to FS in order to sync them up again. Not sure if others bother to 're-sync' runes after BB?
    Last edited by Pkey; 2015-03-01 at 07:44 AM.

Anyone else notice how NP can't be refreshed when the buff is at around 2 secs left? The FS will go off and do its damage, but the NP buff wont gain time...

The only time it really gets awkward for me is the first time you have to reapply NP to the boss. ideally what I do is, once there is <8 seconds remaining I will pool all of my runes and runic power (so long as i dont get capped...i also run RC, but BT would be the same)and once there is about a second left i UB/Outbreak and continue like normal. it can feel a little slow after the initial NP falls off, but its nothing to worry about and is(at least from my experience playing necroblight....been playing it since mid-highmaul) completely natural in the rotation. Once you get through that initial awkward phase, it should be pretty smooth sailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanzz View Post
    Anyone else notice how NP can't be refreshed when the buff is at around 2 secs left? The FS will go off and do its damage, but the NP buff wont gain time...
    That is a bug that came with 6.1 (maybe), as well as something that's been around with FS for a while. Even with normal dots it sometimes just doesn't extend it and lets it tick out.
    The 6.1 bug is where dots are ending between 2-3 seconds early, totally missing a few ticks. Our Feral druid is very unhappy with it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zanzz View Post
    I've had that too yeah, very annoying.

To be honest around 2 seconds you probably shouldnt be refreshing it. if i remember correctly, just wait a second pop unholy blight, and continue on like normal, by time that global comes around your next FS will be applied to the new application of NP

Quote Originally Posted by Opkorean View Post
    To be honest around 2 seconds you probably shouldnt be refreshing it. if i remember correctly, just wait a second pop unholy blight, and continue on like normal, by time that global comes around your next FS will be applied to the new application of NP
    Yeah I'm only running into this problem on fights where I move off the main target ie blackhand phase 2 (going up to the stands), etc. I usually try and extend my disease to 30 secs or so before I go up to give me some leeway, but sometimes I get down and do a festering at ~2secs left and it fizzles and I have to start over fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    That is a bug that came with 6.1 (maybe), as well as something that's been around with FS for a while. Even with normal dots it sometimes just doesn't extend it and lets it tick out.
    The 6.1 bug is where dots are ending between 2-3 seconds early, totally missing a few ticks. Our Feral druid is very unhappy with it lol
    Should be hotfixed very soon

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    I've even had the odd occasion where I pop outbreak or plague strike and the mob does not receive the disease. Could understand a potential parry on plague strike but on outbreak? Not sure if interface issue but my UI is always up-to-date.