Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Should all the malware/threats be gone pretty safely at this point, or should I go and get something like Hitman Pro?
    Yes. If there's any remain, they are pretty much "offline" and do nothing but it's not a bad idea to get ride of them with Malwarebyte/Hitmanpro/Adwcleaner.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    My nephew doesn't have significant computer knowledge, but certainly enough to install applications.
    I have previously had to remove unwanted software such as toolbars.
    He is way too readily drawn to "free" stuff, which I would suspect is the cause of this issue here.
    I am now moving towards established sites for flash games, or letting me vet something before downloading/installing.

Don't assume that lack of knowledge in what you assume is "basic" stuff means lack of knowledge elsewhere.
    God, i don't mind having to clean up viruses or anything, but fucking toolbars piss me the fuck off. I rember lookign at someone's compter and half of their fucking screen was toolbars. I was like "what the fuck". the only thing that pisses me off more is those who say that they need all those toolbars....
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

http://unchecky.com/ is a nice program that's made specifically for all those unwanted toolbars and other programs that get bundled with programs you might want. It's not 100% perfect, but definitely helps.

where i can download drivers

Quote Originally Posted by kinzxxzo View Post
    where i can download drivers
    Most of mine came on a CD that came with the computer, otherwise I believe you would have to find out what kind of drivers you need and look them up, like what graphics card you have, what sound...card(?) you have, and what not.