Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    They are doing it because they want to, I assume they are happy or they wouldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    World 1st raiders are happy, its the people that put in the same hours effort ect and dont get World 1st that are unhappy.
    How's your raiding schedule compared to Method?

Deleted
    I'd rather get my burst of raiding out of the way now and then be able to slack for a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    World 1st raiders are happy, its the people that put in the same hours effort ect and dont get World 1st that are unhappy.
    That makes you extremely unhappy then? #raiding18houradaynoteventop15

I feel this is a poor question.

As long as someone isn't behind them with a rifle pressed into the back of their skull forcing them to do it then this is an activity they have actively made the choice to take part it. I understand a lot of people may not choose to have fun or be happy in such a manner. I personally don't find it fun to play baseball for example. But a lot of other people do. What I find fun and what others find fun have no barring on weather it is fun or not to every individual. Just a personal opinion.

But I am sure it is like all things. Sometimes you feel great about it. Sometimes it is rewarding. At other times you might get frustrated. Sometimes you ask yourself why you do it. But at the end of the day as long as you are making the choice than you should be having fun at least 51/49 of the time. Doesn't seem that far fetched to me.

The sad truth is

Any Real Life Job > Any WoW Raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    There probably happy with it but in actual life am sure it's a different story. You can't have both at the same time to that extent. These guilds commit basically there entire time and life into the game, being logged in for 16+ hours a day. They enjoy it because it is there life.
    Haha. The misconceptions are real.

• they will never be happt
    • they cannot have sex and they just dont undertand
    • kungen
    • uuuuuuuuugh
    • nihilum
    • paragun
    • method
    • midwinter
    • us guilds cant compete
    • but us ppl have incredible sex
    • i mean its so good uuuuuhhh baby uuuuhhh
    • plus euros cheat ay this game
    • they share accounts
    • they bug encounters
    • i dont trust them
    • no one likes them
    • they are racist
    • i cant believe you

Infracted
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2015-03-01 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    The sad truth is

Any Real Life Job > Any WoW Raid
    ...said no one working at McDonald's, ever.

The race is what is fun, rankings and what not. Even after the boss is dead, they gear alts, and they do sale runs. There's actually quite a bit to do after the final mythic boss is dead, it just isn't progression.

Top level raiders from both Method and Paragon complained about how long Lei Shen took to kill. They had to extend their leaves from work and were not getting enough sleep for 3 straight weeks. I believe they prefer how long Highmaul and BRF took by a lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Right now there are a lot of guild raiding hours similar to Paragon and Method.
    Certainly there a people unhappier than those, imagine you put in 15 hours per day for weeks for World 17th.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You would have to hope that Method or Paragon raiders answer here....

I guess they are..why would they keep doing it otherwise?
    Sponsors = $$
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I seriously doubt it, because no human being can keep pulling these insane hours for months and stay sane / keep a healthy real life.
    Most of the world #1 players are students or have flexible jobs, + a lot of them now promote healthy lifestyles going to the gym etc I personally feel like most of the world #1 players are a good influence on the younger generation of wow players, they can pull these hours and feats, stay healthy and active and stay in education/work they are great role models imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Sponsors = $$
    Thinking they get paid to play the game is a mistake that has gone on since vanilla, they don't.. sure they get sponsored and earn some advertising money and get peripherals free and so on but thinking these companies pay 20+ people to play and get some world firsts is down right ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    imagine you put in 15 hours per day for weeks for World 17th.
    Being one of the top 340 players in wow bearing in mind there are like 9-10 million subs again at this point, I would be happy and proud to accomplish a world 17th.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    And people still claim skill is the bigger factor over time when stepping up to Mythic.
    It is. Doing (even clearing) mythic is lightyears away from taking part in the world first race. My guild is quite small and has the same problems a lot of "casual" guilds have (people lagging, real life issues etc) yet we clear mythic every tier.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by R0AM3R View Post
    Being one of the top 340 players in wow bearing in mind there are like 9-10 million subs again at this point, I would be happy and proud to accomplish a world 17th.
    I'm sure many would feel like that, but you'd still rather be in Method or Paragon right?
    So I don't know why the OP and some in this thread make the actual World First guilds out to be the unhappiest kind of WoW players when it's easy to find one group of players that would trade places with them asap.

Just like most real sports,

1 The reward is little unless you are a professional player.
    The last I checked, Blizzard wants you $15 even you are world first.
    Worse, people pay server transfer to buy gear from black market AH.

2 If you are world 17th, no one remembers you.
    WoW is even worse. No one cares about 2nd.

The only good thing about raid is gaining some weight.

Method/Paragon don't really post here much. You could ask Method on their website or elsewhere. Safe to say they'd rather it not go on for more than 3 resets though because they're taking off time from to work to pull these 13+ hour raid days.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-03-01 at 11:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Method/Paragon don't really post here much. You could ask Method on their website or elsewhere.
    Sure we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Sure we do.
    Well yeah, but I don't think he's going to get the guild-wide response he's looking for. Though I guess it's an easy question to answer anyway. Sorry if my post came across as an overstatement [or offputting], probably did. My bad. Anyhow, yeah, if they weren't happy, they wouldn't keep doing it. Although individual players might have differing opinions about whether or not they're 100% in for next tier or they're going to retire for whatever reason [game-related or not].
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-03-01 at 11:57 PM.