Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they didn't clear raid tiers quickly, the amount of hours they put in would surely lead to feeling burntout.

If Blizzard made content that was too hard for top guilds to clear in less than a month, no one else would ever kill it and those that did would suffer from serious burn out. Just look at WildStar.

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    im happy i finally got away from raiding insane hours

^^ This for me as well
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I don't really think they are happy at all.. i am just assuming... I think they are pretending to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post
    World raiders spend less time raiding than other players.

Once a boss is down it's normally a fairly quick rinse and repeat each week.
    All I heard is "I have to keep sub or lose raid spot!".

How much do sponsored players make if they are in top 3 guild?
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2015-03-04 at 02:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    ...said no one working at McDonald's, ever.
    idk man, i'd play in a top guild for minimum wage

but if mcds was the shitjob i was working, id def take more hours over playing more wow

If you're a hardcore raider you play the WoW progression race, not necessarily WoW as a whole. Ideally what I think most competitive raiders want is a week or two of challenging, creative bosses to figure out and kill as fast as possible, then it's over for a few months. An endless grind would make for a completely different experience which would attract different sorts of players.

Personally I hardly log on during farm, I just do whatever we need to do that week to keep gear rolling in and that's it, and most stuff in WoW doesn't interest me that much. But progression is one of the best gaming experiences you can have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    Blizzard have said repeatedly that they aren't particularly concerned about world-first races;
    Maybe not directly but they care about the prestige around the top guild in the world.
    They had 2 full raid teams (Midwinter and Method if i recall) at Blizzcon doing a highmaul heroic run live for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to know if world first raiders are happy, I suggest you ask them and not random WoWers on a forum, because it is ultimately a question only they can answer.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure they are happy as well as feeling like it is a pain in the butt.
    The 20% spent on trying to find the optimal strategies for each boss is fun since substantial improvements are obvious to everyone as well as the last 20% when you feel 'we got this, just need a perfect execution'.
    I highly doubt anyone like the other 60% of tries without prospect of a kill but at most some very minor revelation unless they got some form of mental disorder.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.