Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zvinny View Post
    Really? Because when I went through my training, they made sure to train us to not let our guard down once they were down, since they'd often be wearing a vest. We were even told it was within our ROE to kill someone faking injury. When did you go through if you dont mind me asking?
    What training did you get? And did they inform you that you are to not let your guard down, do a sweep, the flanking team does a sweep, and then you set up security and the aid and litter team goes through the casualties and help those who are wounded and still alive? They taught me that. And did you serve? I only ask because I don't count training if it wasn't done while you were active and you were trained by an actual non commissioned officer certified to train you in tactics.

I went to basic January 27 2003. I caught the last 6 months of the invasion and went back July of 2005. Then back again in 2009. Then Afghanistan in 2010.

If you were trained to shoot people after you you pass the "threshold" then you were trained wrong and that leader set you up to go to prison. Now, what used to confuse me is the difference between a double tap and a controlled pair.

Controlled pair=
    shoot once, and then shoot again to put two in a baddy. That is when you are actually fighting and you have not "cleared" the area after contact. An example of this is if I jumped out at you shooting and you shoot me once in the chest and then quickly pull the trigger again to put me down. We do this because 5.56 rounds have little stopping power and you usually need two shots to put someone down and stop them from attacking.

Double Tap= the fighting has ended and you are now going through the bodies, looking for survivors, intel and basically making sure all is clear and you find one guy breathing and you shoot him to kill him. Example: My team is shooti8ng at the bad guys. Team B flanks, we shift fire and team B goes across the area killing any bad guys. Then we go through and do the same to whoever they missed. Then when all that is down we go back and check bodies and find a guy still alive. He is no longer shooting at us but we shoot him anyway. <---That will get you sent to prison.

I don't mean to be harsh, but if you served and an actual soldier in a leadership role taught you that, he needs to be removed from service because he will get people sent to prison for murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    What training did you get? And did they inform you that you are to not let your guard down, do a sweep, the flanking team does a sweep, and then you set up security and the aid and litter team goes through the casualties and help those who are wounded and still alive? They taught me that. And did you serve? I only ask because I don't count training if it wasn't done while you were active and you were trained by an actual non commissioned officer certified to train you in tactics.

I went to basic January 27 2003. I caught the last 6 months of the invasion and went back July of 2005. Then back again in 2009. Then Afghanistan in 2010.

If you were trained to shoot people after you you pass the "threshold" then you were trained wrong and that leader set you up to go to prison. Now, what used to confuse me is the difference between a double tap and a controlled pair.

Controlled pair=
    shoot once, and then shoot again to put two in a baddy. That is when you are actually fighting and you have not "cleared" the area after contact. An example of this is if I jumped out at you shooting and you shoot me once in the chest and then quickly pull the trigger again to put me down. We do this because 5.56 rounds have little stopping power and you usually need two shots to put someone down and stop them from attacking.

Double Tap= the fighting has ended and you are now going through the bodies, looking for survivors, intel and basically making sure all is clear and you find one guy breathing and you shoot him to kill him. Example: My team is shooti8ng at the bad guys. Team B flanks, we shift fire and team B goes across the area killing any bad guys. Then we go through and do the same to whoever they missed. Then when all that is down we go back and check bodies and find a guy still alive. He is no longer shooting at us but we shoot him anyway. <---That will get you sent to prison.

I don't mean to be harsh, but if you served and an actual soldier in a leadership role taught you that, he needs to be removed from service because he will get people sent to prison for murder.

Ah. Well, this is just me using the words we actually used instead of whatever verbiage the people in charge were using at that time. Controlled pair is what we were trained, but once over there I don't think I ever heard any besides a butter bar ever use the term.

Ah. Well, this is just me using the words we actually used instead of whatever verbiage the people in charge were using at that time. Controlled pair is what we were trained, but once over there I don't think I ever heard any besides a butter bar ever use the term.
    Okay, that makes sense. I used to say double tap too (as did my friends). And boy oh boy did my leaders get on me.

"No stupid! You trying to go to jail! You mean controlled pair moron." Ah, memories.

15+ Year Old Account
    Come on man. In this thread alone you've said.

That kinda sounds to me like you're saying we're all dumb racists looking to kill as many people as we can with no consequence.
    I encourage you to read through those, and point out where there was any insinuation that all service members were like this. They were examples that not every service member is a stellar hero, or even honorable. Even though I know and believe that recruiting standards are somewhat lacking, I do know honorable people in the service. Two of my uncles attained the rank of upper and lower rear admiral, and I have a cousin who is an active commander, soon to be captain.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I encourage you to read through those, and point out where there was any insinuation that all service members were like this. They were examples that not every service member is a stellar hero, or even honorable. Even though I know and believe that recruiting standards are somewhat lacking, I do know honorable people in the service. Two of my uncles attained the rank of upper and lower rear admiral, and I have a cousin who is a commander.
    hehe, Rear Admiral

Juvenile I know. Don't care

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Rome captured some Brit Chieftain back in the day, they were going to execute him as was their fashion to publically execute enemy leaders. But before they did, they brought him before the senate to speak.

He said, "If someone invaded Rome, wouldn't you go fight them with everything you had? That's what I did when my homeland was invaded."

The senate agreed, staid his execution and gave him a villa in the countryside. Knowing how Rome worked they probably assassinated him after the public forgot about him.

I think this was around the time of Emperor Claudius.
    It was probably Calgacus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Don't watch American Sniper. you might get a stroke. It leaks propaganda.
    I just did.
    It's actually worrying. It's a worrying movie.
    Some political groups in the US are walking a dark dangerous path.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is still a thing?

Welp. Bye Tony.

Someone ought break the news to Crissi.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    We need to prove Rich wrong about his guess on the longevity of this thread. Wanna grab some popcorn?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    We need to prove Rich wrong about his guess on the longevity of this thread. Wanna grab some popcorn?
    We could talk about Iraqi women.

We could talk about Iraqi women.
    Some of them are kinda hot. Most are doing you a favor by covering up their uggo bodies and faces, but some...I saw a red head with green eyes over there. She straight looked outta place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    Some of them are kinda hot. Most are doing you a favor by covering up their uggo bodies and faces, but some...I saw a red head with green eyes over there. She straight looked outta place.
    That's what be getting me. They eyes be pretty but when you unwrap your nice looking present you realize that it's not what you had in mind.

They eyes be like princess Jasmine, but the rest of them like the Sultan.

Decitful Iraqi women are.

Welp. Bye Tony.

Someone ought break the news to Crissi.
    Lol, time will tell.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what be getting me. They eyes be pretty but when you unwrap your nice looking present you realize that it's not what you had in mind.

They eyes be like princess Jasmine, but the rest of them like the Sultan.

Decitful Iraqi women are.
    Well honestly, many Iraqis could pass as Italian

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Lol, time will tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Look on the bright side. There may be a positive supply shock in Tony D.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, time will tell.

- - - Updated - - -

How so?

We got a lot of cute arabic muslim women where i'm at. They got the standard brown though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I think the main difference in perception is what one perceives to be a defensive vs offensive war. You could argue that the war in Iraq was a defensive war.. there are arguments in both direction. But it isn't near to the certainty of self defense that is the Allied powers in World War II. Even when there were atrocities performed by the Allied powers in France and Germany and Eastern Europe, they were relatively overlooked because it was done during the process of liberation, and thus more simple to excuse.
    There's not a single aspect of self defense in Iraq war. It was all out of offensive based on false premise and lies.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Hell it was only 2 pages ago that kuantee was saying that t be marines involved iin the video are worthless. He is pretty far to the left.

Am I defensive, sure, but reasonably so, given the history of anti American and anti military rhetoric from many posters from this site
    I am far left, only to an Amerıcan.

ps: at least be creative when mispelling my nickname.