Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I never said 12s up, now did I? It has a 12 second CD, and a 6 second duration. What that means, is that every 12 seconds, I can activate shield barrier. It will be up for 6 seconds, then fade. 6 seconds later, the cool down will be over. I can then activate it again, for another 6 seconds of Shield Block.

As for healing, you're right. I haven't healed for a specifically mastery geared prot warrior, compared to a specifically crit geared prot warrior. I was speaking in general terms, to spike, which crit results in, being more stressful and difficult to heal than smooth, which mastery results in.

And what I was referring to, as far as taking into account what you said, us specifically about gear. As I'm not at home at my computer, my tools are limited right now. So, I went to ask mr robot, and let it build a generic prot set. It put crit at .6, and mastery at .57. Crit had about 23% parry, and 36% mastery. I then swapped them, to .6 mastery, .57 crit. It went to 21% parry, and 42% mastery. 6% gain for 2% loss.

Also, as said, mastery results in higher attack power. Higher attack power means higher barriers. While barrier isn't great, its better than nothing, and crit will provide you no better static mitigation than mastery would against magic damage. Both of them are useless against it without the use of barrier, in which crit is unreliable compared to mastery, as it only provides a slim chance to give more weaker barriers, than master's stronger barriers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shieldarm View Post
    I never said 12s up, now did I? It has a 12 second CD, and a 6 second duration. What that means, is that every 12 seconds, I can activate shield barrier. It will be up for 6 seconds, then fade. 6 seconds later, the cool down will be over. I can then activate it again, for another 6 seconds of Shield Block.

As for healing, you're right. I haven't healed for a specifically mastery geared prot warrior, compared to a specifically crit geared prot warrior. I was speaking in general terms, to spike, which crit results in, being more stressful and difficult to heal than smooth, which mastery results in.

And what I was referring to, as far as taking into account what you said, us specifically about gear. As I'm not at home at my computer, my tools are limited right now. So, I went to ask mr robot, and let it build a generic prot set. It put crit at .6, and mastery at .57. Crit had about 23% parry, and 36% mastery. I then swapped them, to .6 mastery, .57 crit. It went to 21% parry, and 42% mastery. 6% gain for 2% loss.

Also, as said, mastery results in higher attack power. Higher attack power means higher barriers. While barrier isn't great, its better than nothing, and crit will provide you no better static mitigation than mastery would against magic damage. Both of them are useless against it without the use of barrier, in which crit is unreliable compared to mastery, as it only provides a slim chance to give more weaker barriers, than master's stronger barriers.
    If you know ur class u would know, that its at least not totally out of the blue to use sblock with 12s up 12s down, even if you prefer 6s up 6s down instead, you wouldn t tell me that i don t know my class and should inform my self. So u where uniformed or rude, i tend to belive ur uninformed. As you r hole arguing is just repeating simple basic "facts" without going deeper into the discussion at any point.

On our example from askmrrobot:

basic generic prot warri has:

1328 krit -> 22,23 dodge
    1125 mastery -> 27,47 blockchance

swap statsweight krit and mastery you get:

924 krit ->20,09 parry
    1548 mastery -> 29,22 blockchance

So you swap 1,75 % blockchance for over 2,14 % parry

Btw. u have 30% critblock on krit build, 34% on mastery build, and u seriosly think u can notice the difference between 4% kritblock or 2 % blockchance/parry when ur healing with ur alt? Srsly??

please remember that with our t17 set bonus,
    when we use shield slam, there is chance that popping free shield block.

which increases the value of mastery more.