Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Warlock Challenge Modes

Hey Im here for some help ( go figure I suppose haha)

I did a full 9/9 clear on my warlock in MoP so know the challenge mode set up so get the basics and am interested in doing it in WoD. Here's were I need your help.

I was wondering what the best spec and talent set up was for the challenge modes and also the BiS for that spec as I've googled around and can't find a thing on either of these.

Thank you in advance
    -Skimpiy (EU Wildhammer)

I went destro with cata + DS glyph.

The only real question is if going sacrifice is better than supremacy now, but it was worse in 6.0.
    Anw, having a pet that can interrupt for "free" is better than you having to cancel cast, and soul link is godlike, specially in Spires of Arak. I'd stick with supremacy.

BiS list is something you don't need to worry about unless you're going for realm best, but one thing that people say that makes a difference is using the crown from molten core aniversary. I haven't tested it myself because I forgot I had it ehaUEAuhea, so it needs confirmation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post

The only real question is if going sacrifice is better than supremacy now, but it was worse in 6.0.
    Anw, having a pet that can interrupt for "free" is better than you having to cancel cast, and soul link is godlike, specially in Spires of Arak. I'd stick with supremacy.

BiS list is something you don't need to worry about unless you're going for realm best, but one thing that people say that makes a difference is using the crown from molten core aniversary. I haven't tested it myself because I forgot I had it ehaUEAuhea, so it needs confirmation.
    GoSac was always better than supremacy for cmodes.

10+ Year Old Account

Supremacy wasn't even close in Challenge Modes. Having a pet interrupt is not better because you can Havoc spell lock and kick two targets at once (great in a few instances).

Deleted
    Thank for the help guys really appreciate it

I've heard that too but I'm not sure why? It can't be that the fire resist makes a huge difference? I DE'd my MC helm long ago because of the shitty crit/haste so I can't go back and check this, but does it have an abundance of stats compared to everything else at/scaled down to 630?

thank you man

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Supremacy wasn't even close in Challenge Modes. Having a pet interrupt is not better because you can Havoc spell lock and kick two targets at once (great in a few instances).
    this 10chars

How does havoc interact with FnB? If there are 5 targets and I havoc + FnB + chaos bolt, do I get 2, 5, 6, or 10 chaos bolts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuux View Post
    How does havoc interact with FnB? If there are 5 targets and I havoc + FnB + chaos bolt, do I get 2, 5, 6, or 10 chaos bolts?
    With charred remains, you would get 5. Without it, you would get 2.

Speaking of charred remains... could it be worth something now in CMs?

Deleted
    9 out of 10 trash pulls will be better with cataclysms burst damage...i guess u would get better st boss damage but thats not where u save time in cms

Imo its worth to have an pure aoe and pure St spec in your bag 5 sec spend in respec can easy gain more than 5 sec per Boss if you go Full st

Quote Originally Posted by Shandory View Post
    Imo its worth to have an pure aoe and pure St spec in your bag 5 sec spend in respec can easy gain more than 5 sec per Boss if you go Full st
    Going into a boss with full resources and CDs (if they weren't used on a massive pull right before) is better a lot of times, I find.

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Going into a boss with full resources and CDs (if they weren't used on a massive pull right before) is better a lot of times, I find.
    Its situational i mostly used ob my chars Near to all cooldowns to shred trash asap so mostly i did Bosses without cds

Didnt done them ob my lock Till now so mit Sure how Ressources define dps
    Tbh i dont saw many good wls during my around 50 Gold Runs in wod. They do decent but i guess if i had a Look in logs there is more Space for improvement

I think i will tun full Demo for cms After Mop i cant See boring destro anymore
    Last edited by Shandory; 2015-03-04 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    because you can Havoc spell lock and kick two targets at once (great in a few instances).
    Omg... Too ashamed to admit it, but I did not know that. Thought only dmg spells or deathcoil worked with havoc.... (gz on 10/10 btw)
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    so... cata + AD + dark soul glyph, dark soul cata trash packs and save doomguard for bosses? i guess the havoc spam will make destro really good in cms

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    Yeah, this for certain. Warlocks do some pretty crazy single target and you want to be approaching all the bosses with close to full embers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Omg... Too ashamed to admit it, but I did not know that. Thought only dmg spells or deathcoil worked with havoc.... (gz on 10/10 btw)
    Thanks. Pretty useful trick, especially in instances where a lot of important stuff needs to be kicked (Skyreach and Bloodmaul come to mind). Used to be great in PvP too, could kick the healer and their caster for 6s each and coil off for 9s of total CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbars View Post
    so... cata + AD + dark soul glyph, dark soul cata trash packs and save doomguard for bosses? i guess the havoc spam will make destro really good in cms
    You should always have a Dark Soul for bosses so don't spend it willy nilly. Think about where you can use your CDs and still have a charge for the boss.

Which trinkets would be best to run with? I currently have access to both Highmaul trinkets, all BRF trinkets except the Darmac one, Copeland's, Sandman's Pouch, a warforged Munificent Orb of Ice, the epic PvP trinket as well as most of the blue heroic trinkets.

I also have three items with only mastery as the secondary stat. Should I use those or will I lose out on too much crit compared to crit+mastery pieces?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhivs View Post
    Which trinkets would be best to run with? I currently have access to both Highmaul trinkets, all BRF trinkets except the Darmac one, Copeland's, Sandman's Pouch, a warforged Munificent Orb of Ice, the epic PvP trinket as well as most of the blue heroic trinkets.

I also have three items with only mastery as the secondary stat. Should I use those or will I lose out on too much crit compared to crit+mastery pieces?
    Copelands and Stone of Fire are the ideal candidates. If you can't get one of those use your GSR (although QR is okay too).

Thanks a lot for the help!