10+ Year Old Account

Carbide Series® 500R side-mesh size?

Hi.

I'm currently waiting for my 500R computer case to arrive and I've been pondering about replacing the side-panel mesh & fan with acrylic-window. As I've read that 200mm side-fan barely makes any difference, and it looks better with window.

But... I've tried to Google search for countless times now, but I still haven't been able to find the dimensions of the mesh. So, I was hoping that somebody here might have some experience with this case. At the latest, I'll figure the size myself once the case arrives, but I'd love to have the window ready when I'm building my PC.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/carbide...mid-tower-case

Thanks.

11"x14" acrylic panel from Home Depot is the size you need might need to cut a little but it will fit. I did this mod to my 500r it looks alot better then it did with the mesh. There is also a youtube tutorial on how to do it but it will not let me post it lol just type 500r side case mod and it should pop right up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by campymcgee View Post
    11"x14" acrylic panel from Home Depot is the size you need might need to cut a little but it will fit.
    Hmm... cheers, I wonder how I missed those numbers.. guess since plenty of people talked about cutting with dremel and I'd prefer not to, as I might some day re-install the side-mesh for the side-fan. I've heard that it's actually useful once you have multiple GPUs.

But anyways, thanks campymcgee. I'll go visit local store for the acrylic panel, and post some pics in the "Post your gaming setup!" once it's done.