Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    That's also why I think dogs were present on most continents, because they evolved in Eurasia.
    Well, that's certainly not how dogs came to be, at all. They were domesticated (selectively bred) from now extinct wolves.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    You what bro?!?

Check your privilege man!
    Telling people to check their privileges is my trigger!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigged Cannibal View Post
    Alright then, the "races" that we have in humanity are the result of ancient ancestors adapting to the environments they lived in.
    Correct, darker skin in hotter places and lighter skin and colder areas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Well, that's certainly not how dogs came to be, at all. They were domesticated (selectively bred) from now extinct wolves.
    Yes, that's what I mean, they were domesticated from extinct European wolves and spread out with humans and coevolved with us.

It's "the human race" for a reason and not "the human races." The idea that peoples are different, similar to different breeds of dogs, came about to justify the slave trade. It made them less relatable so that the treatment they received didn't go against the sensibilities of a people that for many centuries didn't have slaves, just servants and serfs and prisoners.

We are all human. The difference genetically is so small it is akin to you having a big nose and your neighbor having a small one.

Yes, that's what I mean, they were domesticated from extinct European wolves and spread out with humans and coevolved with us.
    The day an actually accurate method of dating becomes available it will be a very conflicting day indeed. Don't even mention the unprofessionally collected fossil record.
    Last edited by Greelix; 2015-03-01 at 04:46 AM.
    Welcome to New Blizzard where everything ages backwards, dead servers are left gasping for breath, homogenization is disguised as uniqueness, leveling mirrors the progression of travel in the last 150 years, and gold is just a nuisance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greelix View Post
    It's "the human race" for a reason and not "the human races." The idea that peoples are different, similar to different breeds of dogs, came about to justify the slave trade. It made them less relatable so that the treatment they received didn't go against the sensibilities of a people that for many centuries didn't have slaves, just servants and serfs and prisoners.

We are all human. The difference genetically is so small it is akin to you having a big nose and your neighbor having a small one.
    Coming from the US I found it odd when I first learned that sectarian violence overseas is usually between two groups that look similar. Race has such a big deal in the US has been used so much to cause a divide that it seemed odd to me that one group could commit genocide against a group that looks just like them. Then I realized how much BS emphasis that the US has placed in race how asinine that we could hate each other over something as baseless as race in the US. Nothing even something with a little bit of a bases like culture or ethnicity, nope we will fight each other just because someone lighter/darker than we are.

The day an actually accurate method of dating becomes available it will be a very conflicting day indeed. Don't even mention the unprofessionally collected fossil record.
    A collected fossil record and extensive genetic studies. Yes, genetic differences are small, but races are still in essences races. While I believe as a biracial person that all races should be treated equally and one's culture should not prohibit the divide of races. However I cannot deny that there are not races, because I'm suppose to be a person of science.

You are right, in fact. Race is real. Around the world you can see many instances of such. The only credible existence of such is only found as a social construct, but it is real none the less. Genetically speaking, the difference between "races" is just like having different color hair or eyes. If "race" truly exists at all scientifically, then a more literal characterization would label each and every individual person as their own separate "race." To put it in a more visual way, people with down syndrome are more different genetically than black and white people. There is no box on a census that says "Down Syndrome."
    Welcome to New Blizzard where everything ages backwards, dead servers are left gasping for breath, homogenization is disguised as uniqueness, leveling mirrors the progression of travel in the last 150 years, and gold is just a nuisance.

You are right, in fact. Race is real. Around the world you can see many instances of such. The only credible existence of such is only found as a social construct, but it is real none the less. Genetically speaking, the difference between "races" is just like having different color hair or eyes. If "race" truly exists at all scientifically, then a more literal characterization would label each and every individual person as their own separate "race." To put it in a more visual way, people with down syndrome are more different genetically than black and white people. There is no box on a census that says "Down Syndrome."
    You do realize that a "race" is simply an inbred extended family, right?

For example, the Jewish race isn't just a social construct, but they have enough common ancestry that every Ashkenazim is effectively a 5th cousin or closer to every other Ashkenazim.

In essence, a white person has more common ancestors with an another random white person than they do with a random black person, so they are more related to each other. This inbreeding essentially causes people to be more related to each other than a simple first common ancestor test would suggest. That is, if you an I have the same grandfather, we are cousins. But if our families had been marrying within the family for a long time, we share genes as if we were brothers by unrelated parents.*

In fact, if, for example, an italian and a korean have children together, they will each be more related to people of their respective ethnic groups than with their own children. They will share half of their genes with their children, but more than half with other members of their ethnicity, because of that extended inbreeding.

*its a bit more complicated than this, given that everyone is related to every other living thing. After all, we share 97% of our genes with mice.

15+ Year Old Account
    You right in the first part
    Evolution basically. Some mutation changed parts of their structure and made them suddenly better hunters. Because of that they were more successful at providing food and that probably was enough for females to be into them, the mutation was therefor deemed good and kept in the genepool and eventually lead to replacing the unmutated humans as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you think all the races came to be?
    Migration, isolation, and natural selection favoring various genetic traits, but not enough to cause speciation.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    What I don't understand is why people are so afraid of being different.

There's a lot of reason to believe that people who are from different areas around the world would evolve and adapt to their relative surroundings.
    Obviously, everything from where we came from and where our large spike in intelligence came from is a mystery; we just don't know.
    We can give an educated guess based on evidence we've found, but we just don't know.
    People aren't afraid of being different.
    They fear that those differences make us unequal.

The sun. The type of game available. The type of shelter available. When and where water is available or runs out.

Exactly the same factors as everything else, with the one big difference being that humans that aren't physically apt for their environment are much, much more capable of survival through adaptation than, say, birds that can't fly when a new species of fox shows up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vetinari View Post
    People aren't afraid of being different.
    They fear that those differences make us unequal.
    unequal as in unable or as in different?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Correct, darker skin in hotter places and lighter skin and colder areas.

- - - Updated - - -
    Wrong, the closer to the equator in general the darker skin you had, but also the poles to as both of these have HIGH LEVELS of UV light, UV light is what made darker skin a trait to protect against, not heat/sunlight, as the sunlight does no harm to the body it self or even your eyes, it is the UV light.

here is my poor example below

-----------
    HEAVY UV - north - northern Canada
    ---------
    Light UV - US/europeanish area
    ----------
    HEAVY UV - equator- Africa
    -----------
    LIGHT UV - some of SA, south africa, Aus
    -----------
    HEAVY UV - South - no one lives here lolz
    ----------

these area in general determined what race lived there over time, however with humans exploring and taking land there is outliers SPECIALLY TODAY with the ease of travel. Also the reason why the UV is like what i said above is because the poles have a very weak protection form the sun and the equator is the closest part of the earth to the sun general for the big part of a year. Aka hotter area, but still tons of UV light.

UV light = Ultraviolet light to any LI people out their.
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2015-03-01 at 12:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

Highly recommend this book.

Dawn over Kalahari is the amazing story of how a small group of Homo sapiens, perhaps 10.000-20.000 people who lived in Africa 150,000 years ago, spread throughout the globe. And changed it forever.

Also about how we became the modern humans we are today through evolution.

Hominoidea – Apes – 28,000,000 years ago
    Hominidae – Great apes (Humans, chimpanzees, bonobos, gorillas, and orangutans) – 15,000,000 years ago
    Homininae – Humans, chimpanzees, bonobos, and gorillas – 8,000,000 years ago
    Hominini – Humans, chimpanzees, and bonobos – 5,800,000 years ago
    Hominina – Bipedal apes (australopithecus and descendants) – 3,000,000 years ago
    Homo, Humans, Neanderthals, Homo Erectus, and their direct ancestors – 2,500,000 years ago
    Homo sapiens – Humans – 500,000 years ago
    Homo sapiens sapiens – Modern Humans – 200,000 years ago

Our inner core we are all African. All living humans today has walked out of Africa, and deep in our DNA that is visible. The color of our skin is just skin deep…

The bokk was also done as a film and I found a few YouTube clips on the net that explain a bit more. The film is on its way through the library to me and is in swedish called ”Jordens snällaste Apa” – ”the Earths kindest ape”, and that is what we are from nature, collaborative, kind, equal and sharing, talkative, laugh a lot and dancing. We also like leisure and the easy life.

The oldest kind of humans is today living in Kalahari, the San-people and among them you can find how we all used to live when we were hunter and gatherers, and some of the traits on how we want to live our busy modern lives is still common deep down.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2015-03-01 at 01:25 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    a wizard did it

15+ Year Old Account
    True fact, Aryans came from Atlantis which was sunk by Poseidon, an act he felt horribly sorry for.

This is how the vikings came to make the oceans their bitch.

Clearly Aliens genetically altered some apes and have been watching ever since, We are basically giant sea-monkeys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drsolders View Post
    Telling people to check their privileges is my trigger!
    Talking about triggers triggers my triggers. Now I'm triggered. Watch out cis scum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vetinari View Post
    the Jewish race
    Thanks for the laugh. I think you meant the semites "race".