Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[Netflix] House of Cards (Spoilers)

Didn't see a thread for this show so I thought I'd start one.

Anyone else working their way through Season 3 at the moment? Good stuff so far!

aaaaaand its over!

Netflix is dangerous. Another great season though.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

So good Although there were far fewer WHAT THE FUCK DID THAT JUST HAPPEN type moments this season. Wasn't expecting the ending with Claire, despite the buildup. I had assumed they were going to try to draw out her discontent for another season.

Deleted
    I´ve just finnished watching ses. 3 and I must say that this ses was so dissapointing compared to ses 1-2. So predictable, boring and poorly directed that i almost didn´t finnished watching the whole season.

They shouldn´t have made Francis president tbh he got so tied up and lost most of his personalty, which we all loved him for in ses 1-2.

Such a shame. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Arla View Post
    I´ve just finnished watching ses. 3 and I must say that this ses was so dissapointing compared to ses 1-2. So predictable, boring and poorly directed that i almost didn´t finnished watching the whole season.

They shouldn´t have made Francis president tbh he got so tied up and lost most of his personalty, which we all loved him for in ses 1-2.

Such a shame. =(
    I think this season they wanted to show some depth to characters, but they did it in a way that felt a little superficial. Claire's not a totally evil cunt after all. Doug bonds with his family. Etc etc

Pacing seemed a lot slower. Honestly it probably would have been more shocking/interesting, even with the buildup, if Doug ended up shooting Rachel instead of (snip). Also I didn't like the storyline direction with the hacker, although it will probably pick up again in season 4.

Overall I still enjoyed the season but it was definitely a different feel from the last two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Maybe you should re-watch that episode, Celista...
    wait what? WHAT DID I MISS! Fuck I must have fallen asleep, I watched that episode before bed.

He turns the van around, drives back, and the next scene is him pouring dirt on her face in the grave.
    >.>

<.<

brb, must watch.

(that is a way better ending than how I thought it ended)

Okay just saw it. Holy shit! I remembered the rest of the episode, though.

Oh gawd, i yelled WHAT THE FUCK so god damn loud. That was like 2nd season "Nice Train" type shit.
    Nothing tops that train scene, so well executed.

Oh gawd, i yelled WHAT THE FUCK so god damn loud. That was like 2nd season "Nice Train" type shit.
    I wasn't surprised by that at all. I would have been surprised if he had let her go. The train scene was a WTF moment, this was a "just get it over with moment"

The pacing of this season was the biggest letdown. We lost all the intense moments from the previous seasons and had very little political intrigue. Instead we got a heavy focus on character. Some of it worked. A lot didnt. The author for example had a really interesting start but became less interesting as the story moved forward. I'm also sad to see them close out every thread from the first season. It was an extra bit of intrigue, would the skeletons in his closet bring him down. In the end its Clair because she feels that she is now bigger than her husband and doesn't need him anymore...I doubt I'm the only one to notice the Hillary Clinton similarities.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    In the end its Clair because she feels that she is now bigger than her husband and doesn't need him anymore...I doubt I'm the only one to notice the Hillary Clinton similarities.
    My impression was that this was less about her feeling that she is bigger than her husband but more about the fact that he told her she was nothing without him. And that he was never really going to support her professional ambitions...like their marriage was less a partnership and more her being another one of Frank's minions.

Definite Hillary Clinton similarities, her characterization reminds me a bit of Cersei Lannister too.

I was very disappointed in this season. It simply wasn't anywhere near as good as the first and second season. There seemed to be a distinct lack of likable characters. Everyone seemed to be an asshole out to screw other people over, and though that is what the show is about, it becomes very one-sided. Characters like Peter Russo and Christina, Zoe and the two other reporters whose names escape me. Rachel and the girl she hooks up with. and Freddy of course. Characters like that put the whole thing in perspective, and they just weren't there this season. Everyone was just a political opportunist this season, and though those people are interesting, some variety would be nice.

Also, is it Remy's job to just wear a suit, stand and look unhappy? No wonder he resigns...

And how did Frank win Iowa? he was trailing behind, nothing happened and suddenly he won...
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    I was very disappointed in this season. It simply wasn't anywhere near as good as the first and second season. There seemed to be a distinct lack of likable characters. Everyone seemed to be an asshole out to screw other people over, and though that is what the show is about, it becomes very one-sided. Characters like Peter Russo and Christina, Zoe and the two other reporters whose names escape me. Rachel and the girl she hooks up with. and Freddy of course. Characters like that put the whole thing in perspective, and they just weren't there this season. Everyone was just a political opportunist this season, and though those people are interesting, some variety would be nice.

Also, is it Remy's job to just wear a suit, stand and look unhappy? No wonder he resigns...

And how did Frank win Iowa? he was trailing behind, nothing happened and suddenly he won...
    Its implied that his wife stumping for him closed the gap which is her reason for finally breaking free because she views herself as a more powerful political force than her husband. His star is falling, hers is rising. Though considering she basically wrecked everything she touched this season I'm not sure why she would feel that way. Both she and the show writers seem to have very short memories.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Deleted
    Really didn't like how the season ended...

10+ Year Old Account
    Its time to make Claire disappear. The entire season was her fucking up Frank's plans. Frank is still a snake but didn't like that much of a snake this season because he was constantly reacting to other people's shit. How many times did he save Claires ass for her to fuck him over in the end?

Disappointing season, but we all went in with the hype. My two favorite characters sort of had throwaway archs (Doug and Remy), and just not anywhere near as suspenseful as the previous seasons. When you set the bar that high, it's hard to keep hitting it, and S3 didn't come close. 7/10
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

really boring season

Deleted
    Wasn't really expecting a lot from this season, the first 2 were great because he was pulling everything off to get to the top, now he's there it's just kinda boring.

Liked the guy playing the not-Putin though, and laughed when they showed the Stanley Parable.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Wasn't really expecting a lot from this season, the first 2 were great because he was pulling everything off to get to the top, now he's there it's just kinda boring.

Liked the guy playing the not-Putin though, and laughed when they showed the Stanley Parable.
    I wish they had been a bit more creative with him as president. I get the show pushes the idea of political gridlock but it would have been better if he had gotten a more interesting all be it a bit more contrived story. The arc with the writer was so fucking boring I couldn't even handle it, I just tabbed out and listened in the background.

10+ Year Old Account
    It can't be that bad, Frank has God's ear now.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wish he broke the fourth wall more and spoke to us directly. i read an article that said he did that significantly less in season 3.

overall i found the season 3 to be lacklustre. Claire's sudden changes pissed me off. Frank did everything he could to appease her but she is just a psycho throwing away everything they have worked towards for 20+ years. No shit you're not equals if he's the president. dumb
    Hi