LAN not showing.

Alright, so just today I decided to go out and buy a ethernet cable so I could have a hardline internet connection to play my games with. Got tired of the latency issues when doing any form of PvP. Rather it be playing Destiny, League of Legends, WoW, or any other game where latency becomes an issue. I went to plug it into my computer and it didn't take. Then I remembered I needed to disable my wifi connection. I still get nothing from the LAN connection. Then I realize that I don't even have a LAN connection showing in 'Network Connections'. I google my way to hell and back and still can't find a reason why it's not there. I then start to think maybe the cable is faulty, so I go and try it on my laptop. It connects completely fine through LAN on there. I've checked to see if the port on the back of my computer is working as well. A light comes on when I plug it in. Albeit, orange not the usual green I'd imagine would show.

Currently, I'm lost guys. I'm not sure how to get this to work for my desktop. It would be appreciated if anyone knows a possible solution for this at all.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    On your desktop, you use a separate network card for the wireless connection, right?
    I'm thinking you might not have installed ethernet drivers for your motherboard. Do you know which motherboard you have?

Open Device Manager
    (Right-click My Computer, Properties, Device Manager)

Click Expand on the Network Adaptors category, and see which devices have drivers installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

You need to know what LAN card you have and download the drivers for it

Wow, that was easy. Downloaded my LAN driver for my motherboard and it was done in like 30 sec. GG thanks guys

First check your LAN driver is properly installed or not, if its properly installed then your last option is use external LAN card.

i had that problem too

Quote Originally Posted by Zalkiden View Post
    Wow, that was easy. Downloaded my LAN driver for my motherboard and it was done in like 30 sec. GG thanks guys
    Glad you got it working!