Pet choice for Affliction Warlock (SB:H)

So, as the title says, I've been looking through logs and noticing that some locks choose different pets when using SB:H. I've seen mostly GoSup Imp, with the occasional GoSup Observer, and even less so, GoSup Shivarra.

My question is what situation dictates which pet usage? I've heard that Observer is the best on ST, while Imp is better for multi-target, is this true?

I'd like some clarification on pet choice depending on fight, for Affliction warlock. Thanks.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fel Imp, Observer and Shivarra are all within very close margins. Imp is slightly lower than Observer on ST but makes up for being able to switch targets more effectively. Shivarra is kind of in the middle on both sides. Unless you need one of their abilities specifically for something, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference which you use.

Assuming that you aren't looking for a specific ability, then think about it like a melee player. Does the fight feature low, or high movement? Priority target? Rapid target switching for quick burns? The Fel Imp will most likely have more time on target on Oregorger than an Observer or Shivarra.

Fel Imp, Observer and Shivarra are all within very close margins. Imp is slightly lower than Observer on ST but makes up for being able to switch targets more effectively. Shivarra is kind of in the middle on both sides. Unless you need one of their abilities specifically for something, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference which you use.
    In my sims Imp and Shivarra were slightly higher than Observer. And by slightly I mean like 45dps. So I just use Imp for any fights I happen to be afflic since his ranged attack means less downtime on target swaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    In my sims Imp and Shivarra were slightly higher than Observer. And by slightly I mean like 45dps. So I just use Imp for any fights I happen to be afflic since his ranged attack means less downtime on target swaps.
    All the pets are Energy users, so actually lose very little - maybe a melee swing or two - when switching targets. Even then, it's rare you'll even want your pets to switch in any case.