Inactive Building Work Orders - Nerfed?

I've been rotating buildings the past few weeks just to build up mats and for more elemental runes, but as of Thursday evening, my buildings have had work orders with up to 24 hours left on them. It seems that any work order that begins production while the building is inactive will be a 24 hour work order instead of 4, but I'm not entirely sure.

Has anyone else experienced the same, or did I just miss a patch note somewhere?

It was never intended that buildings that didn't exist could complete work orders.

Obviously it wasn't intended, but it was a thing, and it changed. I'm asking if there was some documentation of the change, or if anyone else knows more.

It was indicated quite clearly a few weeks back that followers were unintentionally only being "applied" to work orders when the orders were collected, and that this would change so that followers had to be present while orders were being processed, and that the change would be announced. This change and announcement occurred with the release of 6.1. I'm assuming that the case where a building that doesn't exist can no longer complete orders would seem to be a logical casualty of this change.