Enh Shaman Opener with Echo ?

Hi!

So Anything changed with our opener cause of Echo ?

I've been messing around with the rotation for a few days now. With echo, Ascendance doesn't reset both of the charges, it just gives it another charge. There wasn't much change apart from one thing (for me):

5 Unleash
    3 Spirit Walk
    2 Wolf + prepot
    1 Fire Elemental
    0 Flame Shock
    Liquid Magma
    Lava Lash (before the ascendance so you don't waste the recharge time on it)
    Storm Strike
    Ascendance
    Windstrike x2
    Lava Lash x2

Priority list according to your talents after that. Take from this with a grain of salt.

I was under the assumption you do not want to flame shock until you're on the boss because of wasting procs, and you want to pop fire ele when you're near the boss since he is melee and will not have to run to boss. If you're running storm ele then it doesn't matter since he is ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by jace5869 View Post
    I was under the assumption you do not want to flame shock until you're on the boss because of wasting procs, and you want to pop fire ele when you're near the boss since he is melee and will not have to run to boss. If you're running storm ele then it doesn't matter since he is ranged.
    Yeah I agree with this. Nothing worse than wasting half of a trinket proc.

Not being sassy, but how far are you guys from the boss? o.O With spirit walk on, literally takes me half a second to start my rotation from pull point. Exaggerating a bit with "half of a trinket proc" being wasted.

About the fire elemental, aside from glyphing it, it will last longer than Hero, so I tend to pop it before Hero. 58 sec FE + 40 Sec Hero > 60 Sec FE + 38 Sec Hero. Playstyle is how it boils down to at the end of the day, whatever is smoothest for you, do that.

Quote Originally Posted by makiiholic View Post
    Not being sassy, but how far are you guys from the boss? o.O With spirit walk on, literally takes me half a second to start my rotation from pull point. Exaggerating a bit with "half of a trinket proc" being wasted.

About the fire elemental, aside from glyphing it, it will last longer than Hero, so I tend to pop it before Hero. 58 sec FE + 40 Sec Hero > 60 Sec FE + 38 Sec Hero. Playstyle is how it boils down to at the end of the day, whatever is smoothest for you, do that.
    Depends on the boss. On fights like Iron Maidens and Gruul, it takes virtually no time to get to the boss; on fights like Oregorger, it can take longer (alot of this probably is due to how we position the boss in that we move him on pull, I'm always trying to figure out how to best work out the Oregorger opener) Blast Furnace is another one that requires a little alteration based upon moving around shortly after pull (at least how do we do it on Heroic)

as far as makii's goes, I'd argue that it isn't optimal; this is what I'd recommend:

-5 Unleash Elements
    -4 Spirit Walk (you can move this further back depending on how long it takes you to get to the boss from the pull, the earlier you use it, the sooner it'll be up for the 2nd cast; it lasts long enough for you to work around how long it takes you to reach the boss)
    -2 Feral Spirit
    -1 FET
    -.5 Pre-Pot
    0 Liquid Magma
    1 On use trinkets/racials, Flame Shock (@ BOSS)
    2 Stormstrike, then Ascendance
    3 Windstrike
    4 Lava Lash
    6 Windstrike
    5 continue rotation as normal

Even if its a long way to get to the boss I'd recommend you wait on Flame Shock as you'll waste procs/trinket uptime upon casting it if you aren't in melee range. Unless you are slower than your Liquid Magma projectiles, casting LM at 0 is optimal as you won't waste any trinket uptime that would be caused by casting Flame Shock. Id say getting another second or two uptime on trinkets for wolves/FET is worth the delay in Flame Shock on pull

EDIT: was wrong about holding off Lava Lash, Lava Lash should be cast after 1st Windstrike according to SIMCRAFT prio list
    EDIT2: On second thought and going through priority lists, it actually might be worth it to hold off Flame Shock and go SS>LL>AS>WS>LB if 5 MW stacks->WS
    Last edited by Smaxy; 2015-03-02 at 08:13 PM.
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

Quote Originally Posted by makiiholic View Post

Let's just say that my guild has a habitual early pull problem so we stand a bit farther back :P