Deleted

Feels like my dps isnt moving up at all.

Okay so I've been progressing with my guild since the start of highmaul, we started with normal, hc and did some mythic.. and now were on HC BRF.

I feel like my DPS is shit, pure shit... at like 650 i was like 20-25k and now I am pretty much pulling the same numbers with 678+ item level, 25-30k.. and I see people pulling 45-50k.

My playstyle.. I pot before fight and pot below 20% most of the time

In single target, I just dotweave as much as possible and my dps isnt very high at all.. so Gruul/Oregorger/kromog I just single dps.

In a fight like thogar.. I also single DPS and just AOE as soon as the ads spawn, I always focus the flamebender guy with all my nuke, and I use mindsear on the huge small packs, combined with Halo.

On beastmaster I dot the spears up, use halo on every pack and just single target the boss.

Flamebender is one hell because I try to dot flamebender and the dogs up, and then I just focus the small dog with single target...

Kromog is also one hell, I AOE inside the rocks but then after that I am basically useless, we help the tanks out but after that almost nothing.. been stuck a few times cuz bad positoning and i cant even nuke the dmg down, lol.

My char http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...er/Gebl/simple

I have the haste trinket, shards of nothing aswell but apparently the random crit proc is better.

I have some combatlogs here, only kills tho.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...ort/19#v=0,d=0 HC oregorger.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...port/9#v=0,d=0 HC thogar

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...port/4#v=0,d=0 HC hanz and greta

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...port/3#v=0,d=0 HC beastmaster

Deleted
    Just having a quick look at your logs shows a lot of ticks of mind flay in most of the fights; if you dotweave properly then you should only ever be pressing your flay button when it it insanity. The haste trinket from Darmac is also something to be wary of when dotweaving, as it can fuck up the timings if if proc halfway through your weave. You'll need to pay attention and see if you need to modify your fillers on the fly.

Your halo damage is also pretty low especially on Thogar. While it is a single target dps increase to use it, don't forget that it is also an amazing burst AoE spell. If you know there is a pack of adds spawning in 20 seconds, save it for that. With good timing and a bit of luck, I've had one halo do almost as much damage as the entirety of your halo use on that Operator log. Cascade is also amazingly useful now too. Use it on Beastlord whenever a few spears or the pack of adds is up, its also much better than halo because the CD lines up with call the pack better. Use it on Kromog, it removes the need for getting perfect positioning in your hand for max halo damage.

Looking at your armory, you are also still fully enchanted for Mastery. This was fine in highmaul, but BRF requires a lot more multi target fights, and mastery has absolutely 0 benefit for your DoTs. The way to go in BRF is now generally seen as crit, as it is still good for CoP and amazing for AS, giving you flexibility for different kinds of fights. I'd say use AS on Beastlord at least, with SWPing everything in sight and funneling your DPs into the boss, but 13% raid buffed crit is extremely low. Don't forget tier pieces can also make a big difference. You're 680 ilvl, get top level enchants on all your gear.

Deleted
    i figured out yure problem yure a healer!!!!lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    Just having a quick look at your logs shows a lot of ticks of mind flay in most of the fights; if you dotweave properly then you should only ever be pressing your flay button when it it insanity. The haste trinket from Darmac is also something to be wary of when dotweaving, as it can fuck up the timings if if proc halfway through your weave. You'll need to pay attention and see if you need to modify your fillers on the fly.

Your halo damage is also pretty low especially on Thogar. While it is a single target dps increase to use it, don't forget that it is also an amazing burst AoE spell. If you know there is a pack of adds spawning in 20 seconds, save it for that. With good timing and a bit of luck, I've had one halo do almost as much damage as the entirety of your halo use on that Operator log. Cascade is also amazingly useful now too. Use it on Beastlord whenever a few spears or the pack of adds is up, its also much better than halo because the CD lines up with call the pack better. Use it on Kromog, it removes the need for getting perfect positioning in your hand for max halo damage.

Looking at your armory, you are also still fully enchanted for Mastery. This was fine in highmaul, but BRF requires a lot more multi target fights, and mastery has absolutely 0 benefit for your DoTs. The way to go in BRF is now generally seen as crit, as it is still good for CoP and amazing for AS, giving you flexibility for different kinds of fights. I'd say use AS on Beastlord at least, with SWPing everything in sight and funneling your DPs into the boss, but 13% raid buffed crit is extremely low. Don't forget tier pieces can also make a big difference. You're 680 ilvl, get top level enchants on all your gear.
    Ok ty for the tips, sometimes I just get in very bad positions and timings so I just use mind flay normally anyways as a filler, maybe I should stop that.

I am replacing my enchants with crit, and we will see how it goes.. !

Deleted
    Since the new patch for fights like Beast master and Train man cascade is better than halo. It even does better on Kromog if used well.

If you want to focus on upping your dps on these fights then enchant/gem crit. For single target Mastery is still better. Also on single target fights you want to spec into Power infusion not Twist of Fate.

For the Beast guy I tend to nuke him single target and trying to time cascade and Devouring plague for when the adds come in then use Mind sear with the insanity buff. This'll get up hitting most of the spears too. Keep an eye out for how many spears are up and around the boss, if there are loads then switch Mind sear into your dot weave instead of mind flay.

Single target + insanity sear the spears after he jumps off each mount so you benefit more from Twist of Fate. So you'll be doing loads of damage as each mount gets below 35% then keep that rolling by dpsing down some spears before going back onto the boss.

Here are my logs from Hc Beast master. I got caught by a couple of spears but I still managed 42k at 669 ilvl.
    Link

But always remember it's not the numbers that count but what they're on. If you forget this Blast Furnace will be a bitch . AS might be worth a look into for fights like maidens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mossad View Post
    Also on single target fights you want to spec into Power infusion not Twist of Fate.
    Just curious to hear your reasoning behind PI over ToF. To me, PI is very underwhelming compared to ToF. Shadow's execute damage is absolutely insane, and having a permanent 15 % dmg increase to said execute dps feels much much much much more useful than a mediocre haste cd. The fact that ToF is even better on fights with adds is just icing on top of it already being an insane talent, imo!

You will never use PI over ToF. Do not listen to him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihiel View Post
    Just curious to hear your reasoning behind PI over ToF. To me, PI is very underwhelming compared to ToF. Shadow's execute damage is absolutely insane, and having a permanent 15 % dmg increase to said execute dps feels much much much much more useful than a mediocre haste cd. The fact that ToF is even better on fights with adds is just icing on top of it already being an insane talent, imo!
    Not to mention that it´s actually the exact opposite of what he wrote since SW: D also benefits from the CoP % dmg gain which makes singletarget execute even better.

Deleted
    Sorry if I was wrong. But that's what forums are for, pooling resources/ideas . My idea's where based around trial and error in my raids. I tended to do more dps timing PI with my shadowfiend/trinkets/bloodlust/potion on pull during fights that are 7mins+ on a single target whilst keeping my second pot for the execute phase.

I also made a mistake with Kromog, it seems Halo is actually better on that fight as I was testing last night.
    I'm going to try AS on Beastlord and spread some SW:P around to proc DP and insanity for mind sear and see what happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossad View Post
    I also made a mistake with Kromog, it seems Halo is actually better on that fight as I was testing last night.
    I'm going to try AS on Beastlord and spread some SW:P around to proc DP and insanity for mind sear and see what happens.
    Cascade on Kromag is actually pretty good if you Cascade of him(it?). AS on Beastlord is ridiculously good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iShadowPriest View Post
    Cascade on Kromag is actually pretty good if you Cascade of him(it?). AS on Beastlord is ridiculously good.
    AS is amazing there, though I do find you do a lot less dps on the boss than most.. yes, you can rig the meters completely, but Im not sure that makes it amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Odylle View Post
    AS is amazing there, though I do find you do a lot less dps on the boss than most.. yes, you can rig the meters completely, but Im not sure that makes it amazing
    You're not rigging the meters at all. Spears needs to die. If done right our DPS on focus targets is quite high as well.
    It's just a perfect fight for Shadow really.

Deleted
    AS totally dominates Beastlord. Keep SWP up on spears. DP main target, cascade on CD when there are lots of spears or adds. And you can Mindsear insanity the add packs. GG 50k dps.

Deleted
    Try and get 4set as quickly as possible, put all the effort into getting it. You also want the darmac trinket quickly as well. These combined are what make shadow viable right now, without them, you're significantly behind.