Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Heroes that have problems.

What heroes do you feel are having problems being usefull or are problematic because they're unbalanced?

Right now, I hate seeing Abathur on my team. It's an automatic loss. No matter how many kills he can rank up, with him on the team it's still 4v5 and you can't compete.
    Unless ofcourse he's got the PERFECT hero to copy, then he might be usefull.

Don't know if it's a balance issue but more a play style issue - I've yet to see a well-played Lost Vikings. Either the three of them are kept together (in which case why play them in the first place?), or one or two are sat forgotten somewhere for most of the game.

They may be pretty awesome in the right hands, I don't know.

Abathur is a hero designed for ranked play to be honest. If you get a perfect comp, or just a good comp with a good abathur then he is absolutely viable. Map is also something that needs to be taken into consideration as well.

TLDR his good in a premade team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Abathur WRECKS with a good team.

I have more problems with Lost Vikings or Chen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Chen and Murky are both in horrible spots at the moment, probably more so than any other heroes.

Abathur is a monster in the right team with the right player. Monstrosity is a really good ult now - essentially an on-demand merc camp. If you scoot one down a lane it can farm minions in right before an objective fight, it grows HUGE and basically rips through buildings, requiring multiple people to back and deal with it.

TLV is very easy to play poorly. A good TLV with insane micro will be a juggernaught. Any less skill and they are complete crap.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    Don't know if it's a balance issue but more a play style issue - I've yet to see a well-played Lost Vikings. Either the three of them are kept together (in which case why play them in the first place?), or one or two are sat forgotten somewhere for most of the game.

Same here actually. I very rarely see Lost Vikings and when I see them they're awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post

Chen is ridiculous at surviving though. He stays in your face and when you think youve got him down he ults and you can't do shit about it.
    Even killing the 3 he splits into does nothing to stop him healing up afterwards if you cant stun him and focus him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post

I tried them out in the "Try Mode" and they seemed like a problem to utilize to max potential especially if you didn't select the talents that gave them skills. I might still get them and try them out in an actual match before judging (the co-op vs bots), as you can have more issues than if you played an actual team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tyrael.

He had a great niche as the displacement tank, but Blizz decided that it was a good idea to remove that, because they were giving him a semi rework, but not actually GIVE him the rework. So now he's just sorta... There. Not quite as tanky as the real tank warriors, lower damage than the bruiser warriors and no real reason to pick him over any of the more viable picks. Plus his trait is totally balls.

That said, I still play him every time I get the "2 games as a diablo hero" daily, because I love him and WANT him to be excellent.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Murky is useless compared to any other hero. Skills are weak, range is awful, not good at siege, no impacting team fight usage, long cooldowns, low defense... just bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Tyrael.

He had a great niche as the displacement tank, but Blizz decided that it was a good idea to remove that, because they were giving him a semi rework, but not actually GIVE him the rework. So now he's just sorta... There. Not quite as tanky as the real tank warriors, lower damage than the bruiser warriors and no real reason to pick him over any of the more viable picks. Plus his trait is totally balls.

That said, I still play him every time I get the "2 games as a diablo hero" daily, because I love him and WANT him to be excellent.
    I feel the same way about Tyrael, he just feels underwhelming, too squishy to be a tank, not enough damage to be a bruiser, not enough utility to get picked over the other warriors

But I still love him

15+ Year Old Account
    Murky, Abathur, Sonya, Arthas, Raynor and Chen.

They all pretty much got over nerfed. Sonya really does not have any control.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post

Raynor's Q build is obscenely powerful currently. Very VERY safe to play, and once you get Bullseye coupled with Double Barrel and Confident Aim you just stunlock people while ripping through their HP.

Hyperion got changed up to actually be useful. Raynor is now a solid pick for a lane pusher if you take Hyperion, as double Q basically deletes all minions coming at you in a line, then Inspire on your own minion/merc bunch is powerful for seiging. Level 10 Yamato on Hyperion wrecks buildings.

His passive range is enormous, and with Revolution Overdrive and Nexus Frenzy you can kite a whole team for days.

The obvious answer is Murky. It's okay for him to be an offbeat character that's difficult to get the most out of, but now even if you do he has no real impact at anything. Apparently he's being looked at though, thank god.

Also agree with Chen. I think his old one-talent-wonder build wasn't a good balance option, but he needs buffs to compensate. His survivability is great just give him some way to deal damage and more utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Chen is ridiculous at surviving though. He stays in your face and when you think youve got him down he ults and you can't do shit about it.
    Even killing the 3 he splits into does nothing to stop him healing up afterwards if you cant stun him and focus him down.
    While that is annoying, he can't really do anything BUT annoy. Doesn't even lane very well, breath of fire is so weak even when you spec for it.

Tyrael.

He's not terrible but yeah he could use some work.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post

I agree with you on Sonya, her healing during a good whirl is great and I like the way she feels but she needs to be tankier, or at least have the ability to talent her into a stronger tank or a stronger assassin based on choices.

Raynor is in a good place though he could do with more build diversity (he got buffed not nerfed!) and Arthas is solid if not my favourite warrior. Bring Stitches and probably Mura in line and he'd be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    He's not terrible but yeah he could use some work.
    That's what's so annoying about him... All he needed was a new trait and he would have been fine, instead Blizz in their infinite wisdom decided to nerf the Smite damage talent and remove cast aside, two things NO ONE complained about, while leaving his Trait, easily the weakest in game, untouched...

I really hope they do something too him soon, because he's still my most played hero, it's just now I feel bad about playing him, because I know deep down that literally ANY other warrior would be a better choice.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I tried them out in the "Try Mode" and they seemed like a problem to utilize to max potential especially if you didn't select the talents that gave them skills. I might still get them and try them out in an actual match before judging (the co-op vs bots), as you can have more issues than if you played an actual team.
    I gave them a whirl as well, but I think more than any other hero, TLV is impossible to judge from Try Mode.

One thing that was immediately clear is that you need to micro like a mofo to get the most out of them.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what's so annoying about him... All he needed was a new trait and he would have been fine, instead Blizz in their infinite wisdom decided to nerf the Smite damage talent and remove cast aside, two things NO ONE complained about, while leaving his Trait, easily the weakest in game, untouched...

I really hope they do something too him soon, because he's still my most played hero, it's just now I feel bad about playing him, because I know deep down that literally ANY other warrior would be a better choice.
    I dunno, his trait is a better version of Uther's :P

I'm not even sure what he needs really. Just... to be a bit... better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

My problem lies with Jaina, primarily first pick Jaina. I cannot explain it but at least 1/3rd of my hero league games this past week have my team picking first and someone picks Jaina. She's a C, maybe B assassin in the current meta and the enemy always laughs and picks some combo of stitches/nazeebo/sgt.hammer. The game starts and Jaina dies 14 times in 12 minutes, curses up a storm about how bad everyone else is when she has 4k hero damage then we lose. It happens 33% of the time and it's painful. No it's never been the same person, it's a dozen different players doing the exact same thing. It's some sort of phenomenon.

For the enemy it's certainly a well played Illidan, risky moves that get me a kill and I "MIGHT" get away are always NOPE with a good Illidan opponnet. I always feel like I can make a good play and change the tide of battle against another hero, unless it's Illidan. If Illidan has you where he wants you, well the best thing you can do is beg him to use lube. (That said I play a lot of Illidan too. They receive zero lube.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Jaina is very strong in capable hands and with a team comp that helps her set up her giant "kill the whole team" damage dump. If someone first-picks Jaina in a pub league game, that's perfectly fine. Sounds like you've been matched with shit players.

Illidan is a noob stomper. He does a lot of damage and is hard to kill... until he's CCd and gets blown apqrt. The number one problem is people go "OH FUCK ILLIDAN HELP HELP" and try and run away which is hands-down the worst idea in the game. Stand your ground and lock him down in teamfights and he gets slaughtered.

Again, the problem is the players, not the Hero.

To each their own, but Illlidan is one of the most picked in tournament games where you never see Jaina. Claiming Illidan is a pub stomper and Jaina is strong is exactly the inverse of what you see out of the top end players and seems a little silly. She can wombo out of Zeratuls void prison, but so can a dozen other heroes who offer more to the game than her. She surely brings bursty damage, but she's just as squishy as she is bursty. She's a one trick pony that is easily countered in the current meta by anything that doesn't try to 1v1 her in a perfect line of sight for her to icy-veins and explode you. It's kind of like a Nova to be honest, if your team spreads out late game and gets caught at ~75% health by a Nova, well damn Nova seems really good! Except she's awful if people play like they're supposed to and so is Jaina. (Admittingly Jaina is better than Nova when played properly, just trying to draw a comparison)

It basically says, "You guys need to carry me so that I have a chance to be useful!" That's not fine as a first pick, it's awful. Especially when it lets the enemy team get two A-Class heroes as counter picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    What heroes do you feel are having problems being usefull or are problematic because they're unbalanced?

Right now, I hate seeing Abathur on my team. It's an automatic loss. No matter how many kills he can rank up, with him on the team it's still 4v5 and you can't compete.
    Unless ofcourse he's got the PERFECT hero to copy, then he might be usefull.
    That's probably because you don't play like there's an Abathur on the team. 90% of the time people claim Abathur is bad its because his team doesn't understand him and play correctly with him. Aba has my 3rd highest winrate in quick matches because I usually play in a group of 3 minimum and people understand how he works.

Even still, for ranked, Aba still needs some work because he is too easy to counter for certain heroes. Diablo still needs work; hes not tanky, has low damage, and his cc/control kit is weak. Murky is still pretty bad and has way too many counters. Other than a few minor tweaks here and there I think balance isn't bad overall though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post

Chen and Lost Vikings WRECK with a good team.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english