Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    They are now in a set order... which started on Fri. The absolute worst case is we will see an herb trader on Tuesday.
    ^ this. I was freaking out too ahah.

In 2 days time this will be a complete non-issue. Somehow I think you'll all manage to live that long.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Deleted
    Omg everyone had to wait for something that was totaly not important. blizz plix, y u riun ma lief?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    The idea of hiding upgrade recipes behind a wall of RNG was idiotic from the start, IMO. They should've add new recipes to existing vendors which are available any time.
    They want us to be social by visiting someone elses garrison
    Group finder-autoinvite-visit trader-buy recipe-leave group... Yes, very social...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Group finder-autoinvite-visit trader-buy recipe-leave group... Yes, very social...
    he did not mean that RNG...besides, not many people will visit friends after 1-2 weeks when everyone finishes harrison jones and recipes, after the initial dump of raw mats things will go back to boredom, ehm, i mean normal

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Nope, that way it would actually be acceptable. I mean, one kind of a trader spawns every day for the whole region. That means that everybody who have a trader in their garrison, have the same kind of a trader.

Also, laughing at fur trader today. Third fucking time in one week. GJ Blizz /facepalm
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Nope, that way it would actually be acceptable. I mean, one kind of a trader spawns every day for the whole region. That means that everybody who have a trader in their garrison, have the same kind of a trader.

Also, laughing at fur trader today. Third fucking time in one week. GJ Blizz /facepalm
    You are making a storm out of teacup, it's no big deal if you don't get everything on day 1.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    You are making a storm out of teacup, it's no big deal if you don't get everything on day 1.
    I don't like being lied to. Looking at results of RNG/fixed vendor appearing at different regions at week 1, it looks to me like it has nothing to do with rng. Blizzard just decided to hold on herb vendor because no reason, that's all.

Also, I'm not making any storm at all. Just sharing my thoughts on OP.

I don't like being lied to. Looking at results of RNG/fixed vendor appearing at different regions at week 1, it looks to me like it has nothing to do with rng. Blizzard just decided to hold on herb vendor because no reason, that's all.
    I mean, it's the same thing with the SELFIE camera and Harrison Jones. All the "content" in 6.1, except for building the jukebox, revolves around RNG in some way and it's fucking retarded.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account

Also, I'm not making any storm at all. Just sharing my thoughts on OP.
    Or... they love herb users SO MUCH that they put the herb vendor first in the rotation, that they then started on day three.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Or... they love herb users SO MUCH that they put the herb vendor first in the rotation, that they then started on day three.
    Which makes no sense because it's been 5 days since they added that.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Unless you've been a reader of the Song of Ice and Fire books since before A Feast for Crows then I don't care about complaints about waiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had all the traders now except inscription/alchemy

Deleted
    I haven't had a single trader in my garrison yet. Just Saurfang, Harrison Jones and the other guy who gives the 3 man mission for gold. I'm aware you can visit other garrisons but this is just a piss take tbh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joresh View Post
    this entire system was a dumb idea from the beginning
    Indeed, but opening whinetopics because the NPC you want didn't show up in the first days is also not very smart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because changing it to a set rotation was such a quick and dirty hotfix, I would suspect they didn't have the luxury of being able to control the exact order for the fixed rotation. If they had, then obviously they would have put the herb, dust and ore traders before leather and fur. There's no reason they wouldn't have. I dunno why people have this warped idea that Blizzard exist purely to piss off all their players and anything they do they do it to make people cry because they are the world's biggest trolls.

Most likely, because of the way the rotation was coded, they couldn't just in some way easily grab the vendors and set up a fixed rotation in the order they wanted without a client patch. So to make it work in a hotfix they probably had to do something like grab the the random generation in a snapshot and just sneak in some kind of no-repeat rule, so that they wouldn't repeat within the five days or whatever it is. That way they make it a set rotation, but they couldn't directly control the order of spawns. This is the kind of thing you have to do when you need to make quick and messy hotfixes because people are upset.

What would you have preferred? They just left it as it was and fixed it next client patch? At least they tried to put in a quick solution.

It's such a non-issue anyway, in a couple days we'll have seen all the vendors and everyone will forget this was ever a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Most likely, because of the way the rotation was coded, they couldn't just in some way easily grab the vendors and set up a fixed rotation in the order they wanted without a client patch. So to make it work in a hotfix they probably had to do something like grab the the random generation in a snapshot and just sneak in some kind of no-repeat rule, so that they wouldn't repeat within the five days or whatever it is. That way they make it a set rotation, but they couldn't directly control the order of spawns. This is the kind of thing you have to do when you need to make quick and messy hotfixes because people are upset.
    Obviously you're wrong, because vendor spawn order (as well as any other spawns in game) have nothing to do with client. So, even if you're right with your theories about weird snapshots and stuff, it leads to Blizzard being so incompetent that they can't even control the smallest aspects of their own game. I fail to believe that, so I'll stick with idea of Blizzard sneaky holding herb vendor spawn because reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Indeed, but opening whinetopics because the NPC you want didn't show up in the first days is also not very smart.
    So, any topic that does not praise Blizzard is whine topic, right? People can't just talk about things now?
    Last edited by l33t; 2015-03-03 at 12:36 PM.

lol another day and no herb. WOW. I knew this could probably happen since it was reset today, so I am assuming the rotation of vendors gets reset too so we are looking at probably up to 6 days before we see the herb trader. I'd hate to say it but it could be until next Monday...

Well played Blizztrolls, well played..

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously you're wrong, because vendor spawn order (as well as any other spawns in game) have nothing to do with client.
    Are you a Blizzard developer who coded the Garrisons? Otherwise, how do you know? I don't know either, of course, I'm just making an educated guess. This new system of random Garrison visitors may not be implemented the same way other NPCs in the game are.

Do you honestly think it's more likely that Blizzard make choices like this because they enjoy pissing off players and get pleasure from it, rather than because there are technical & design hurdles to doing things in such a vast, complicated and old game? I mean, seriously?

By all means, it's fair to discuss if this system of random visitors to Garrisons was a good or bad idea, but suggesting they deliberately wanted to annoy you with this hotfix is just being silly.

Are you a Blizzard developer who coded the Garrisons? Otherwise, how do you know? I don't know either, of course, I'm just making an educated guess. This new system of random Garrison visitors may not be implemented the same way other NPCs in the game are.
    That's easy, actually. If client was ruling spawns, you could hack it and make it spawn whatever you want, and Blizzard could do absolutely nothing about that. That's basics of client-server tech knowlegde, nothing more. Also, there is nothing "new" in random() functionality. Just the fact that you get npc1 and your friend gets npc2 is nothing but a result of good old random function.

By all means, it's fair to discuss if this system of random visitors to Garrisons was a good or bad idea, but suggesting they deliberately wanted to annoy you with this hotfix is just being silly.
    I didn't said anywhere they did it to piss players off, did I? I believe they had their reasons to hold on herb vendor. For example: to not let top rank players, who are struggling on their first Blackhand kills, upgrade their crafted trinkets in this week.