Thread: Shockadin?

Shockadin?

Been catching chat about Holy Pala in-game and how they can do some damage now (+800k in arena), Shockadin is a thing now?

The damage boosts to Holy Shock and Denounce have made Shockadin do pretty good DPS for a healer, yes. Simulations in full 695 gear with the 710 ring show single target DPS as 40k, but it takes up three glyph slots. Take a look at this thread for some of my commentary on it.

I haven't done any PVP specific analysis, but Holy does have some good burst potential. It's that burst potential that would make Holy a better DPS on a fight like Ko'ragh than a Shadow priest, though that's not really saying much.
    Last edited by Jackielope; 2015-03-02 at 12:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Didnt they nerfed holy shock glyph this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    Didnt they nerfed holy shock glyph this week?
    Yup, they did. Before the nerf Holy was doing very similar single target damage to Ret at around 44k in 695 gear. After the nerf it's 40k which is between a Shadow priest and Gladiator warrior.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

My paladin (680) did almost 30k on Gruul, so not too bad.

@Jackielope Thanks for the link I read your thread and lots of good information!

As an alt-a-colic who likes PvP I'm tempted to start a new Pala for the sole purpose of only playing Shockadin!

Quote Originally Posted by Nawtqq View Post
    My paladin (680) did almost 30k on Gruul, so not too bad.
    You're probably one the high end of Shockadin potential depending on gear and glyphs. Doing a 680 sim with perfect items and such yields about 34.8k DPS. Factoring in less than perfect itemization plus the movement on Gruul and I'd guess 32-33k is the best.

How long of a fight was it? Did you find you had any mana worries? The sims keep saying Holy runs out of mana after about 5 1/2 minutes just using HS on CD, but that seems a bit odd given healer longevity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    @Jackielope Thanks for the link I read your thread and lots of good information!

As an alt-a-colic who likes PvP I'm tempted to start a new Pala for the sole purpose of only playing Shockadin!
    You're welcome! I figure that thankfully it's easy to keep Holy DPS up to date in SimC because it's so simple so I might as well poke the devs when things come up on it.

What will really be nice is if Blizzard does make spirit give spellpower like they mentioned as possible in the Q&A so healers and spell DPS aren't bickering over trinkets so much.

As far as a PVP shockadin alt goes, it seems pretty viable. We've got good damage if glyphed for it and we can still do some healing on the side if need be or have other utility. Taking Saved by the Light and just having Beacon on a teammate is pretty helpful and easy to swap around when the talent does pop.

I still have a nagging feeling we'll be seeing more nerfs to shockadin and perhaps healer DPS in general if the hybrid potential is too much for Blizzard.
    Last edited by Jackielope; 2015-03-02 at 06:45 AM.
    Super Brony Friendfinder