Bm 2 set vs survival

hey guys i got a question.Does it worth switching to bm with only 2 set bonus or should i stay SV ? simulationcraft does give me better numbers then Sv, but i have raid as Bm last week and im not really conviced that i can pull better dps in BM then SV... BTW i have a lots of mastery and was gem in haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your saying you pull more DPS as BM then go for BM after all,your gonna be playing the spec for a while anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Solased View Post
    If your saying you pull more DPS as BM then go for BM after all,your gonna be playing the spec for a while anyway.

well thats the problem, im not...

Stay BM, then. I'm stuck at 3 pieces ATM and I am still SV on most fights, but that is mostly because I have a crapload of MS, but it sounds like you don't. SV is the easier spec to play but once you get better at BM, you'll be able to pull higher numbers. Basically, if you don't have really good amounts of MS and/or good SV trinkets to match, you'll be better as BM because the gear isn't as...finicky, per se.

If you're on progression and dps is holding you back then I'd say definitely go with the spec that you know best and can perform best on. In your case Survival.

However, if the dps is close or if dps isn't of critical important; going BM has the advantage that you get to know the spec better. BM isn't as straight forward and easy to play as SV; there are a lot more finesse things. You need high SF uptime, you need proper timing of BW with all your buffs up, you need proper focus management during AoE phases, etc etc etc.

By starting to learn BM now, you make it easier for yourself down the road. However like I said, if you're ever a burden to your raid team or if they require you to do you best possible. I'd stick to SV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowd View Post
    hey guys i got a question.Does it worth switching to bm with only 2 set bonus or should i stay SV ? simulationcraft does give me better numbers then Sv, but i have raid as Bm last week and im not really conviced that i can pull better dps in BM then SV... BTW i have a lots of mastery and was gem in haste.
    It really depends on whether you're trying to win recount, or play the best role you can.

The only real challenge on Beastlord Darmac is the final phase. If you take too long, everyone will die. Stampede is what I would describe as 'full retard' since the buff. Playing BM and going full-ham in the final phase will probably be your highest source of relevant damage. You must save your second Stampede for the final phase though.

If you don't have a Boomkin and Enh Shammy, your team might be falling behind on Spear damage, which is where SV might play a strong role for you. Explosive Trap on CD, and the occasional ToTH Multishot, is a large source of very cheap cleave. You can keep the room clear while staying very high on boss damage as SV.

The best choice will probably be dependent on where your guild struggles the most.